M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
kevin @ eas
Brigadier General
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

Posts: 3,299
iTrader: (6)

▀▄ eas | KW Adjustable Sleeve Over Kit Installed On F10 M5

The KW adjustable lowering spring sleeve-over kit, which has been a popular suspension modification for the 1M & M3, is finally available for the F-chassis M5 & M6. Unlike standard lowering springs that drop a car by a preset amount, the KW sleeve-over kit gives the user complete control over the vehicle's ride height. And because this kit utilizes the OEM shock absorbers, it's substantially less expensive than a full coilover system and it retains EDC functionality. We installed this new sleeve-over kit on this Black Sapphire Metallic M5 and dialed in an aggressive, sporty ride height. While we were at it we also installed a full set of Macht Schnell wheel spacers; 12mm wide in the front and 10mm wide in the rear was just the right combination. The last item on the list for this F10 was a set of iND painted front reflectors, which successfully purged this M5 of its ugly orange reflectors.

Modifications:
iND Painted Front Reflectors
KW Adjustable Lowering Spring Sleeve-Over Kit
Macht Schnell Competition Wheel Spacers (12mm Front, 10mm Rear)




































__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
kevin @ eas is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
bobs619
First Lieutenant
 
bobs619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Saphire Black F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)

Thx u EAS for the quick turn around on this. Robert, Tom, and all your techs are all top notch dudes. I owe you guys a beer at bimmerfest. #beersOnMe

Bobs!
bobs619 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
infamousq
First Lieutenant
 
infamousq's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Toyota Camry
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kobra Headquarters

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

I love the look!!!
infamousq is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
ThisFlyGuy
///M enthusiast
 
ThisFlyGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 179
iTrader: (0)

looks great!! makes me want to switch out my H&R's
__________________
2013 BMW ///M5
ThisFlyGuy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #5
biglare
******
 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

Posts: 3,134
iTrader: (3)

EAS is top notch!!!

Bobs... stayin ahead of the curve! Congrats as the setup looks purrrfect!

Looking forward to seeing what's in store next for "Tyrone"!


biglare is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #6
Hoopumpers
Lieutenant
 
Hoopumpers's Avatar
 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: California

Posts: 552
iTrader: (0)

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

Didn't think this was ever going to happen. Kevin/Robert, when can you get me in?
Hoopumpers is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
SuckaGDog
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M5
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: TX

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

How much lower can it go from the current set height?
SuckaGDog is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 10:13 PM   #8
JoM3z
Lieutenant
 
JoM3z's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CP F10 M5 - Alpine White
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mars

Posts: 403
iTrader: (1)

Oooh man that is a nice drop, I still have my unopen box of H&R springs I might just sell it and buy this one. How long did it take to install the KW SO Kit? really interested in getting this done...
JoM3z is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 10:17 PM   #9
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
 
PhilT3's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 X5 & '14 M5
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NW Philly Suburb

Posts: 1,316
iTrader: (0)

How much?
__________________
Build: '14 M5 - Space Gray / Full Sakhir Orange / Alum Trace / Black 343's / Exec / Driver Assist / LED
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips - Coded by v12 - ExhaustMeister
PhilT3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #10
bobs619
First Lieutenant
 
bobs619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Saphire Black F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare
EAS is top notch!!!

Bobs... stayin ahead of the curve! Congrats as the setup looks purrrfect!

Looking forward to seeing what's in store next for "Tyrone"!


Lol. You betta call "Tyrone".

On to the next mod...
bobs619 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #11
MMG640
Picture me rollin'
 
MMG640's Avatar
 
Drives: Gran Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle

Posts: 592
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
How much?
This.
MMG640 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 06:04 AM   #12
The_Phil
New Member
 
Drives: M6 E63
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

The Dealer actually trying to install the sleeve kit in my F12 M6 Cabrio and telling me, that it doesn't fit.

He tells me the BMW OEM tie rods are too long, about 10 cm (that is much). He sents Pictures of it to KW.

Was there any Problems on install at this M5? I think M5 and M6 are equal on struts, sway bars and tie rods.

Best regrads,
Philipp
The_Phil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #13
robert @ eas
Brigadier General
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 4015 E Leaverton Court, Anahiem, CA 92807

Posts: 3,862
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs619 View Post
Thx u EAS for the quick turn around on this. Robert, Tom, and all your techs are all top notch dudes. I owe you guys a beer at bimmerfest. #beersOnMe

Bobs!
Bobby, you know where to drop off the beers


Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
EAS is top notch!!!

Bobs... stayin ahead of the curve! Congrats as the setup looks purrrfect!

Looking forward to seeing what's in store next for "Tyrone"!


Thanks for the kind words Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopumpers View Post
Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

Didn't think this was ever going to happen. Kevin/Robert, when can you get me in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
How much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG640 View Post
This.
PM me and we can set everything up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog View Post
How much lower can it go from the current set height?
It lowers the front 0.2-1.2" and rears .04-1.2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoM3z View Post
Oooh man that is a nice drop, I still have my unopen box of H&R springs I might just sell it and buy this one. How long did it take to install the KW SO Kit? really interested in getting this done...
It was about the same time as the install for a set of lowering springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Phil View Post
The Dealer actually trying to install the sleeve kit in my F12 M6 Cabrio and telling me, that it doesn't fit.

He tells me the BMW OEM tie rods are too long, about 10 cm (that is much). He sents Pictures of it to KW.

Was there any Problems on install at this M5? I think M5 and M6 are equal on struts, sway bars and tie rods.

Best regrads,
Philipp
Philipp, there were no issues with the install on this set up. The M5 and M6 does have different part numbers on the KW Sleeve Kit, so make sure they have the one specific to the M6
__________________
Robert T. | european auto source (eas)
email: robert@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x32

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
robert @ eas is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #14
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 4,572
iTrader: (0)

Pretty cool. What's the cost of this compared to Springs??
__________________
The F10 M5 is the Business Sports Sedan I always wanted. Until the next M5 comes out.
RPiM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #15
Salespunk
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SlowCal

Posts: 337
iTrader: (0)

Looks great
Salespunk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #16
Nate@IND
 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,348
iTrader: (19)

Nice work guys! Really happy KW finally release the HAS kit
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #17
kevin @ eas
Brigadier General
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

Posts: 3,299
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Pretty cool. What's the cost of this compared to Springs??
PM coming your way
__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
kevin @ eas is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #18
The_Phil
New Member
 
Drives: M6 E63
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Many thanks for your fast reply!
Yes, the part no. is different from M5 and it's the correct one for my M6. The official BMW dealer not knowing much about KW stuff it seems...The installation still goes on, it's day 2!!! On monday they will complete and then do the alignment. Holy sh****

My H&R from another shop was installed on 3 hours + alignment.

I hope that the sleeve over kit is a little more comfortable than H&R springs.

Best regards from Germany,
Philipp


Quote:
Originally Posted by robert @ eas View Post
Bobby, you know where to drop off the beers




Thanks for the kind words Larry







PM me and we can set everything up!



It lowers the front 0.2-1.2" and rears .04-1.2"



It was about the same time as the install for a set of lowering springs



Philipp, there were no issues with the install on this set up. The M5 and M6 does have different part numbers on the KW Sleeve Kit, so make sure they have the one specific to the M6
The_Phil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #19
bobs619
First Lieutenant
 
bobs619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Saphire Black F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Phil
Many thanks for your fast reply!
Yes, the part no. is different from M5 and it's the correct one for my M6. The official BMW dealer not knowing much about KW stuff it seems...The installation still goes on, it's day 2!!! On monday they will complete and then do the alignment. Holy sh****

My H&R from another shop was installed on 3 hours + alignment.

I hope that the sleeve over kit is a little more comfortable than H&R springs.

Best regards from Germany,
Philipp


Quote:
Originally Posted by robert @ eas View Post
Bobby, you know where to drop off the beers




Thanks for the kind words Larry







PM me and we can set everything up!



It lowers the front 0.2-1.2" and rears .04-1.2"



It was about the same time as the install for a set of lowering springs



Philipp, there were no issues with the install on this set up. The M5 and M6 does have different part numbers on the KW Sleeve Kit, so make sure they have the one specific to the M6
The ride characteristics are similar to stock -- I think a little bit better. It's hard for me to tell because I only had my car for 450miles before I had the kit installed.
bobs619 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #20
The_Phil
New Member
 
Drives: M6 E63
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

That sounds good to me
H&R was only for the looks but on higher speeds too bouncy for my taste. And with my now installed drivers package with raised vmax it wouldn't be better I think.

Your ride looks real good, it's the one from above, right!?

B&O is a must! I have it on my M6 and my 7 series and I love it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs619 View Post
The ride characteristics are similar to stock -- I think a little bit better. It's hard for me to tell because I only had my car for 450miles before I had the kit installed.

Last edited by The_Phil; 05-02-2014 at 02:44 PM.
The_Phil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #21
The_Phil
New Member
 
Drives: M6 E63
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

That's the way how my M6 looks with H&R springs + spacers:



Hope the sleeve kit will look as good as this
The_Phil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #22
dhirm5
Major
 
Drives: 2014 M5 ZCP, 2014 X5 35d
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bethesda, MD

Posts: 1,041
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Phil View Post
That's the way how my M6 looks with H&R springs + spacers:



Hope the sleeve kit will look as good as this
That looks amazing. I believe with the sleeve kit you'll have the option to drop it even further, so it can look as good as the above, or even more slammed, should that be your preference.
__________________
2014 M5 ZCP - Azurite Black over SSII Full
2011 Xdrive35d - Platinum Gray over Oyster/Black Leather (hers)
2009 M5 - Carbon Black over Sepang Full (gone - not forgotten)
2001 740i M-Sport - Carbon Black over Black (gone - not forgotten)
dhirm5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST