M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
kevin @ eas
Brigadier General
66

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim


Posts: 3,527
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to kevin @ eas Send a message via Yahoo to kevin @ eas
▀▄ eas | KW Adjustable Sleeve Over Kit Installed On F10 M5

The KW adjustable lowering spring sleeve-over kit, which has been a popular suspension modification for the 1M & M3, is finally available for the F-chassis M5 & M6. Unlike standard lowering springs that drop a car by a preset amount, the KW sleeve-over kit gives the user complete control over the vehicle's ride height. And because this kit utilizes the OEM shock absorbers, it's substantially less expensive than a full coilover system and it retains EDC functionality. We installed this new sleeve-over kit on this Black Sapphire Metallic M5 and dialed in an aggressive, sporty ride height. While we were at it we also installed a full set of Macht Schnell wheel spacers; 12mm wide in the front and 10mm wide in the rear was just the right combination. The last item on the list for this F10 was a set of iND painted front reflectors, which successfully purged this M5 of its ugly orange reflectors.

Modifications:
iND Painted Front Reflectors
KW Adjustable Lowering Spring Sleeve-Over Kit
Macht Schnell Competition Wheel Spacers (12mm Front, 10mm Rear)




































__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
bobs619
First Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
bobs619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Saphire Black F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego


Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)

Thx u EAS for the quick turn around on this. Robert, Tom, and all your techs are all top notch dudes. I owe you guys a beer at bimmerfest. #beersOnMe

Bobs!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
infamousq
Lieutenant
United_States
6

 
infamousq's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Toyota Camry
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kobra Headquarters


Posts: 411
iTrader: (0)

I love the look!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
ThisFlyGuy
///M enthusiast
United_States
2

 
ThisFlyGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SF Bay Area


Posts: 180
iTrader: (0)

looks great!! makes me want to switch out my H&R's
__________________
2013 BMW ///M5
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #5
biglare
******
United_States
98

 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?


Posts: 3,136
iTrader: (3)

EAS is top notch!!!

Bobs... stayin ahead of the curve! Congrats as the setup looks purrrfect!

Looking forward to seeing what's in store next for "Tyrone"!


Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #6
Hoopumpers
Lieutenant
5

 
Hoopumpers's Avatar
 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: California


Posts: 586
iTrader: (0)

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

Didn't think this was ever going to happen. Kevin/Robert, when can you get me in?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
SuckaGDog
Second Lieutenant
2

 
Drives: M5
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: TX


Posts: 270
iTrader: (0)

How much lower can it go from the current set height?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 10:13 PM   #8
JoM3z
Lieutenant
United_States
9

 
JoM3z's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CP F10 M5 - Alpine White
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mars


Posts: 407
iTrader: (1)

Oooh man that is a nice drop, I still have my unopen box of H&R springs I might just sell it and buy this one. How long did it take to install the KW SO Kit? really interested in getting this done...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 10:17 PM   #9
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
14

 
PhilT3's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 X5 & '14 M5
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NW Philly Suburb


Posts: 1,378
iTrader: (0)

How much?
__________________
Build: '14 M5 - Space Gray / Full Sakhir Orange / Alum Trace / Black 343's / Exec / Driver Assist / LED
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips - Coded by v12 - ExhaustMeister
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #10
bobs619
First Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
bobs619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Saphire Black F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego


Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare
EAS is top notch!!!

Bobs... stayin ahead of the curve! Congrats as the setup looks purrrfect!

Looking forward to seeing what's in store next for "Tyrone"!


Lol. You betta call "Tyrone".

On to the next mod...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #11
MMG640
Picture me rollin'
United Kingdom
6

 
MMG640's Avatar
 
Drives: Gran Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle


Posts: 607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
How much?
This.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 06:04 AM   #12
The_Phil
New Member
0

 
Drives: M6 E63
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany


Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

The Dealer actually trying to install the sleeve kit in my F12 M6 Cabrio and telling me, that it doesn't fit.

He tells me the BMW OEM tie rods are too long, about 10 cm (that is much). He sents Pictures of it to KW.

Was there any Problems on install at this M5? I think M5 and M6 are equal on struts, sway bars and tie rods.

Best regrads,
Philipp
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #13
robert @ eas
Brigadier General
84

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 4015 E Leaverton Court, Anahiem, CA 92807


Posts: 3,926
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs619 View Post
Thx u EAS for the quick turn around on this. Robert, Tom, and all your techs are all top notch dudes. I owe you guys a beer at bimmerfest. #beersOnMe

Bobs!
Bobby, you know where to drop off the beers


Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
EAS is top notch!!!

Bobs... stayin ahead of the curve! Congrats as the setup looks purrrfect!

Looking forward to seeing what's in store next for "Tyrone"!


Thanks for the kind words Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopumpers View Post
Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

Didn't think this was ever going to happen. Kevin/Robert, when can you get me in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
How much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG640 View Post
This.
PM me and we can set everything up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog View Post
How much lower can it go from the current set height?
It lowers the front 0.2-1.2" and rears .04-1.2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoM3z View Post
Oooh man that is a nice drop, I still have my unopen box of H&R springs I might just sell it and buy this one. How long did it take to install the KW SO Kit? really interested in getting this done...
It was about the same time as the install for a set of lowering springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Phil View Post
The Dealer actually trying to install the sleeve kit in my F12 M6 Cabrio and telling me, that it doesn't fit.

He tells me the BMW OEM tie rods are too long, about 10 cm (that is much). He sents Pictures of it to KW.

Was there any Problems on install at this M5? I think M5 and M6 are equal on struts, sway bars and tie rods.

Best regrads,
Philipp
Philipp, there were no issues with the install on this set up. The M5 and M6 does have different part numbers on the KW Sleeve Kit, so make sure they have the one specific to the M6
__________________
Robert T. | european auto source (eas)
email: robert@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x32

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #14
RPiM5
Brigadier General
85

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,673
iTrader: (0)

Pretty cool. What's the cost of this compared to Springs??
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #15
Salespunk
First Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SlowCal


Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Looks great
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #16
Nate@IND
471

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago


Posts: 10,423
iTrader: (19)

Nice work guys! Really happy KW finally release the HAS kit
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #17
kevin @ eas
Brigadier General
66

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim


Posts: 3,527
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to kevin @ eas Send a message via Yahoo to kevin @ eas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Pretty cool. What's the cost of this compared to Springs??
PM coming your way
__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #18
The_Phil
New Member
0

 
Drives: M6 E63
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany


Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Many thanks for your fast reply!
Yes, the part no. is different from M5 and it's the correct one for my M6. The official BMW dealer not knowing much about KW stuff it seems...The installation still goes on, it's day 2!!! On monday they will complete and then do the alignment. Holy sh****

My H&R from another shop was installed on 3 hours + alignment.

I hope that the sleeve over kit is a little more comfortable than H&R springs.

Best regards from Germany,
Philipp


Quote:
Originally Posted by robert @ eas View Post
Bobby, you know where to drop off the beers




Thanks for the kind words Larry







PM me and we can set everything up!



It lowers the front 0.2-1.2" and rears .04-1.2"



It was about the same time as the install for a set of lowering springs



Philipp, there were no issues with the install on this set up. The M5 and M6 does have different part numbers on the KW Sleeve Kit, so make sure they have the one specific to the M6
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #19
bobs619
First Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
bobs619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Saphire Black F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego


Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Phil
Many thanks for your fast reply!
Yes, the part no. is different from M5 and it's the correct one for my M6. The official BMW dealer not knowing much about KW stuff it seems...The installation still goes on, it's day 2!!! On monday they will complete and then do the alignment. Holy sh****

My H&R from another shop was installed on 3 hours + alignment.

I hope that the sleeve over kit is a little more comfortable than H&R springs.

Best regards from Germany,
Philipp


Quote:
Originally Posted by robert @ eas View Post
Bobby, you know where to drop off the beers




Thanks for the kind words Larry







PM me and we can set everything up!



It lowers the front 0.2-1.2" and rears .04-1.2"



It was about the same time as the install for a set of lowering springs



Philipp, there were no issues with the install on this set up. The M5 and M6 does have different part numbers on the KW Sleeve Kit, so make sure they have the one specific to the M6
The ride characteristics are similar to stock -- I think a little bit better. It's hard for me to tell because I only had my car for 450miles before I had the kit installed.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #20
The_Phil
New Member
0

 
Drives: M6 E63
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany


Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

That sounds good to me
H&R was only for the looks but on higher speeds too bouncy for my taste. And with my now installed drivers package with raised vmax it wouldn't be better I think.

Your ride looks real good, it's the one from above, right!?

B&O is a must! I have it on my M6 and my 7 series and I love it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs619 View Post
The ride characteristics are similar to stock -- I think a little bit better. It's hard for me to tell because I only had my car for 450miles before I had the kit installed.

Last edited by The_Phil; 05-02-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #21
The_Phil
New Member
0

 
Drives: M6 E63
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany


Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

That's the way how my M6 looks with H&R springs + spacers:



Hope the sleeve kit will look as good as this
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #22
dhirm5
Major
17

 
Drives: 2014 M5 ZCP, 2014 X5 35d
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bethesda, MD


Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Phil View Post
That's the way how my M6 looks with H&R springs + spacers:



Hope the sleeve kit will look as good as this
That looks amazing. I believe with the sleeve kit you'll have the option to drop it even further, so it can look as good as the above, or even more slammed, should that be your preference.
__________________
2014 M5 ZCP - Azurite Black over SSII Full
2011 Xdrive35d - Platinum Gray over Oyster/Black Leather (hers)
2009 M5 - Carbon Black over Sepang Full (gone - not forgotten)
2001 740i M-Sport - Carbon Black over Black (gone - not forgotten)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST