M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

05-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #67
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
This is not the case if Andy is correct with his mention of the fuel mixture climbing all the way to 10:1 or richer, and that causing the misfire. If that is the case the high pressure fuel pump is able to keep up obviously, and just a rewrite of the code should be able to correct things.
Yup I would think so......
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 09:34 AM   #68
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
This is not the case if Andy is correct with his mention of the fuel mixture climbing all the way to 10:1 or richer, and that causing the misfire. If that is the case the high pressure fuel pump is able to keep up obviously, and just a rewrite of the code should be able to correct things.
Correct. A re-write of the code will sort this out. I'm not saying there is a problem with the fuel pump. I'm saying the coding needs to be addressed.
      05-20-2015, 09:48 AM   #69
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarsFan View Post
So the same issues have appeared it sounds like. WOT causes dtmal, limp mode, misfire on cylinders..fuel starvation issue..
I just misunderstood your statement. You attribute the fuel starvation to coding, not any mechanical issues? Andy has it as a rich misfire, no lack of fuel, that was my point.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #70
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
I just misunderstood your statement. You attribute the fuel starvation to coding, not any mechanical issues? Andy has it as a rich misfire, no lack of fuel, that was my point.
Yes, I agree with you. What I find concerning about this is I have spoken to a lot of members who have the more agressive tune with down pipes and almost every person seems to be trying to deal with the same issues. Dtmal, limp mode, engine misfire attribitable to fuel starvation. Ironically some of the tuners imply that the issue is not with everyones cars but just theirs.

I'm no statistician but the sample size of this forum seems to be statistically significant to prove that these are not isolated cases: