Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-26-2015, 12:24 PM   #133
NorCal f80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erind View Post
I was trying to install mine just now and was thinking the same thing. In order to put the wire behind the shield you have to remove the bolts or atleast unscrew them a little just so you can put the wire behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118 View Post
I tried to remove them part way but it didn't move enough then took them all off completely and it was very easy to tuck the wire. Added 5 minutes to the install and a couple of little rocks in my eye! (i.e. move head to the side when you start to loosen them). Great product. Again, I'm very happy with it. Priced very fairly for what it does.
The shield is easily bendable. That's what I did. bend it with fingers, smash it back.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 12:44 PM   #134
erind
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Ftype R, M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 ninja real quick View Post
The shield is easily bendable. That's what I did. bend it with fingers, smash it back.
For me it was impossible to bend it with my fingers. I didn't want to force it and just removed the 4 screws. It took 1 minute so no problem . Very easy to do. I have the valve controller for 3 weeks now and i really love it. Im wondering if it will do any damage to the exhaust. With my MPE the pops and bangs are really brutal. We'll see
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 01:37 AM   #135
parky1215
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C | G06 X6 M60i

Just placed the order! Open default and factory mode when activated.
I am pretty much going to use this only during cold start or long freeway drive.
Otherwise, it will remain open.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 02:46 AM   #136
peter_s
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2, Datsun 280Z, MGB GTS V8

Very fast shipping. Easy install, most of all: Excellent sound!

Why someone would need an aftermarket exhaust after installing this module beats me... The stock exhaust with the flaps open is pretty damn loud

Great product, exactly what I needed!
7:51,4 BTG BMW M4, 8:35 BTG Mini Clubman S, 8:56,6 BTG Swift Stage 2
208 laps on the Nordschleife
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 10:23 PM   #137
parky1215
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C | G06 X6 M60i

Just installed!
Took me about 40 minutes to install without lifting the car.
Cable is long enough to work with Remus exhaust.

Remote works great as well as homelink button.
For homelink, I have to press and hold little bit (less than a second) for it to activate.
I can't seem to be able to just do short quick press to activate.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #138
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

So just want to make sure before ordering... I want it to be always open for the noise and pressing the button to factory setting maybe once a month if I go for a highway drive. What's the setting?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 07:58 PM   #139
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
So just want to make sure before ordering... I want it to be always open for the noise and pressing the button to factory setting maybe once a month if I go for a highway drive. What's the setting?
default = open
activated = factory auto
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2015, 01:22 AM   #140
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Just ordered this in anticipation of my car arriving. This is the best value for just controlling the flaps, staying away from coding errors, and leaving the OBD port open.

I only wish the remote was a toggle so only 1 Homelink button could be used to activate and deactivate the module.

My mod bill is getting way out of control (for me) and I haven't even paid for the detailing yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #141
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Just installed the VSC-2 last night. It works perfectly. I highly recommend it. Installation instructions where clear and the device was top quality. I would recommend they enclose a few zip ties in the future to help keep the wiring completely out of the way.

I was able to install this without lifting the car in the garage by myself. I would recommend using jack stands or lift to make it easier. Threading the wire through the heat shield was easy by just pulling open the space on the heat shield before tucking in the wire.

This is a great mod for anyone interested in a simple valve control solution for their exhaust without taking up an OBD port or tapping into wiring.

I do wish they used a toggle switch and not separate on/off buttons. Then I could have used my middle Homelink button to completely control the system. As it stands I need two for my garage doors.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #142
eddie1681
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I just installed mine and it works great. Does anyone see a differences in MPG with the valve open?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #143
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep
Drives: //M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1681 View Post
I just installed mine and it works great. Does anyone see a differences in MPG with the valve open?
The valve open would have no bearing on MPG variances. That would be controlled by your right foot.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #144
CG Precision
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Thank you all very much for your support!!!! Your comments and reviews make us really love what we do!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 01:01 PM   #145
Dranter
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, F15 X5 40d, E90 330i

Quote:
For me it was impossible to bend it with my fingers. I didn't want to force it and just removed the 4 screws. It took 1 minute so no problem . Very easy to do. I have the valve controller for 3 weeks now and i really love it. Im wondering if it will do any damage to the exhaust. With my MPE the pops and bangs are really brutal. We'll see
Im not sure sure if removing all the screws is a good idea. I think the panel has potential to rattle. I just unscrewed them, put the cable through the shield and screwed them back but about halfway to take into account the cable going through it now.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #146
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Hi Chaps,
Just an observation, after running the controller for a couple of months. Ive noticed that if you switch open the valves in comfort mode, all is fine and dandy, and the valves are open all the time. Now, if you then switch into sport+, either by its own switch, or through one of the M buttons, again, the valves stay open all the time, as they should. Heres my observation, if you then come out of sport+, or switch out of the M button, the valves seem to be then controlled by the oem valve settings again, and you must then reopen the valves, by pressing the valve controller switch. It seems that after coming out of sport+ with valves open, the factory valve settings are then implemented, and to get the valves open all the time again, you must repress the controller button. Its not a problem, its just something ive noticed. You can check this by having the valves open, then going into sport+, then come out of sport +, and see if your exhaust has gone quiet again, no lovely downshift blips, regards, SIMON.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #147
04cobra
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - 6MT

What would I choose if I wanted

Quiet cold start (need to get our of my neighborhood quietly), so closed
Open the rest of the time
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #148
erind
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Hi Chaps,
Just an observation, after running the controller for a couple of months. Ive noticed that if you switch open the valves in comfort mode, all is fine and dandy, and the valves are open all the time. Now, if you then switch into sport+, either by its own switch, or through one of the M buttons, again, the valves stay open all the time, as they should. Heres my observation, if you then come out of sport+, or switch out of the M button, the valves seem to be then controlled by the oem valve settings again, and you must then reopen the valves, by pressing the valve controller switch. It seems that after coming out of sport+ with valves open, the factory valve settings are then implemented, and to get the valves open all the time again, you must repress the controller button. Its not a problem, its just something ive noticed. You can check this by having the valves open, then going into sport+, then come out of sport +, and see if your exhaust has gone quiet again, no lovely downshift blips, regards, SIMON.
Not true. Mine stay open no matter what until you shut the car off
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 02:46 AM   #149
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
Not true. Mine stay open no matter what until you shut the car off
Erind,
Would you check this for me today on your car, as mine is doing what i have described, so im wondering whats happening here, thankyou, Simon.

PS,
Sorry to be asking, but while you are at it could you check this, when in sport+, try and switch off the valve controller, it will not let you at all, there will be no switching. Its as if the oem control has taken over, although the valves do stay open all the time as being controlled by the valve controller. I will be testing again today, as its a bit head scratching.

Last edited by Simon H; 09-13-2015 at 02:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 04:01 AM   #150
Simon H
Major
Rep

Chaps,
Pleased to say, that after a thorough test this morning, the controller is working perfectly, so please excuse this post, my hearing must have been impaired yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 05:19 AM   #151
erind
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Chaps,
Pleased to say, that after a thorough test this morning, the controller is working perfectly, so please excuse this post, my hearing must have been impaired yesterday.
No prob. If you open the valves with the remote. They stay open until you press the "off" button on the remote or turn the car off. Switching throught the modes should not be a problem
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 06:13 AM   #152
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
No prob. If you open the valves with the remote. They stay open until you press the "off" button on the remote or turn the car off. Switching throught the modes should not be a problem
Thankyou Erind,
I know this to be the case, but must have been having a brainstorm yesterday, but all is well here. Im a bit embarrassed that i put this up, but still very happy with the controller, regards, Simon.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 06:17 AM   #153
erind
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Thankyou Erind,
I know this to be the case, but must have been having a brainstorm yesterday, but all is well here. Im a bit embarrassed that i put this up, but still very happy with the controller, regards, Simon.
Don't worry about it man. Enjoy your car
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 04:04 AM   #154
peter_s
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2, Datsun 280Z, MGB GTS V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Precision View Post
Thank you all very much for your support!!!! Your comments and reviews make us really love what we do!
Great product!

I really don't feel the need to do anything with my exhaust after this great mod.
7:51,4 BTG BMW M4, 8:35 BTG Mini Clubman S, 8:56,6 BTG Swift Stage 2
208 laps on the Nordschleife
Appreciate 0