Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #67
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasm View Post
If I'm going as fast as I usually go, I don't bother pulling over... there is absolutely no way for anyone to catch me. I just pull off and ditch when he can't see me anymore.

Cop cars can't do anything when you pass them at 140 - 180mph; unless some how there's already a bird in the air and they spot you as he calls it in. I usually immediately open my sunroof and start looking for choppers in the area as I'm evading - they run lights off sometimes and follow to direct ground units to location, so look for their flashing alert lights in the sky - not the spotlights.

If I am going past 100Mph and I see a cop, I just gun it further and ditch the area ASAP - none of the regular patrol cars / highway patrol cars can do anything about us now a days; heheh.
Stupidest mistake I did once was pull over when a CHP lit me up as me and a bike I was playing with passed him at 175Mph, bike kept going, I pulled over and waited.
CHP asked me how fast I was going because he was going 110Mph and we were pulling on him "ridiculously" fast, told him I didnt know, he said I better just pay the ticket because otherwise he would tell the judge if I tried to fight it. So I paid the ticket. Just another reminder to not be nice and pull over when you are going that fast. I always think the cop will be cooler because I pull over and wait for him, but that rarely happens -- sooooooooooooo........ BYE.
Word! Most of the time most Patrol cars won't bother pulling me over. The times where Ive stopped Ive just gotten Fu*ked.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #68
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

86 in 55 zone. The only one speeding ticket I got was in NY state and around 2A.M. in the Dalaware country.
2017 M3 Comp PKG 2017 MINI JCW
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #69
GunderM5
Bored
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Executive, Meisterscha

Garage List
2013 M5  [8.00]
I was clocked at 110mph in a 35. Ticketed for 80. Name dropped my father-in-law who's a Sheriff. Sat in the front seat of the Trooper's car until he spoke with my father-in-law.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #70
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

I was doing 85 in a 65 in Nothern VA, the state trooper "loved" me and took me to court. the second one was 81 in a 65 in Northen VA again. That one cost me the most it was less then a week after being back from my deployment after driving like a bat out of hell overseas, I came back to the states and got beat up for it.....
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #71
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousq View Post
I was doing 85 in a 65 in Nothern VA, the state trooper "loved" me and took me to court. the second one was 81 in a 65 in Northen VA again. That one cost me the most it was less then a week after being back from my deployment after driving like a bat out of hell overseas, I came back to the states and got beat up for it.....
Shame on the officer who gave you a ticket as a welcome back home!!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #72
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunderM5 View Post
I was clocked at 110mph in a 35. Ticketed for 80. Name dropped my father-in-law who's a Sheriff. Sat in the front seat of the Trooper's car until he spoke with my father-in-law.
Connections my friend -
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #73
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
86 in 55 zone. The only one speeding ticket I got was in NY state and around 2A.M. in the Dalaware country.
What happened afterwards $ir? -; )
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #74
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Euro delivery. That's where you get your high speed cruising out of your system!
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #75
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Shame on the officer who gave you a ticket as a welcome back home!!
Yea I had to get a Lawyer for that ticket. It was bad. I lost all respect for VA state patrol, and not because I had gotten back, but how the whole situation turned out.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #76
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Today,
Was driving 60 mph in 55 mph work zone and I do respect that,
And a Passat 2010 or so passed me at about 70 mph + and I was a little surprised he was doing that when that highway is well known for a lot of workers and a lot of state troopers and wasn't a few seconds TILL the State Trooper jumped on him! OMG he was probably driving 110 mph+ to the point the guy thought it is more emergent than him so he tried to pull to the right but the trooper did brake really hard at his tail enough to scare him and not hit him!!

That poor guy must sh** his pants not because of the hefty ticket to ensue but rather the drama of the process of forcing him to pull over... I am sure officer meant to do that as he seemed pissed !

I forgot to say that the State Trooper was in a black SUV!! So very high car and scary in the rear mirror!!

Busted like a mouse by a huge cat!
Again why the drama!!
I am surprised it was legal to do it that way!
I know work zone and all but too much drama especially guy may have had his own reasons, like emergency situation!!

Last edited by soooma; 03-10-2014 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #77
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Quote:
If I'm going as fast as I usually go, I don't bother pulling over... there is absolutely no way for anyone to catch me. I just pull off and ditch when he can't see me anymore.

Cop cars can't do anything when you pass them at 140 - 180mph; unless some how there's already a bird in the air and they spot you as he calls it in. I usually immediately open my sunroof and start looking for choppers in the area as I'm evading - they run lights off sometimes and follow to direct ground units to location, so look for their flashing alert lights in the sky - not the spotlights.

If I am going past 100Mph and I see a cop, I just gun it further and ditch the area ASAP - none of the regular patrol cars / highway patrol cars can do anything about us now a days; heheh.
Stupidest mistake I did once was pull over when a CHP lit me up as me and a bike I was playing with passed him at 175Mph, bike kept going, I pulled over and waited.
CHP asked me how fast I was going because he was going 110Mph and we were pulling on him "ridiculously" fast, told him I didnt know, he said I better just pay the ticket because otherwise he would tell the judge if I tried to fight it. So I paid the ticket. Just another reminder to not be nice and pull over when you are going that fast. I always think the cop will be cooler because I pull over and wait for him, but that rarely happens -- sooooooooooooo........ BYE.

And I guess you think what you wrote is cool? Kids

Country run
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #78
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

The stories about SoCal are amazing.

If we only we had video footage... I should blow-out some BlackVue DR500GW video dash cams out to the forum members (I am a distributor)...

-
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #79
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

I've always thought of getting pulled over as having to do with the Butterfly Effect. In my mind a certain sequence of events have to take place in order for them to lead to a ticket. You have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and the police officer has to be in the right place at the right time. Butterfly Effect. What I try to do is eliminate as much possibility and probability that I'll encounter a police car and if I do, I want to know where he is before he knows where I am.

My combination of Valentine 1, Laser Interceptor and Waze, have helped greatly. But, my near anal practice of attentiveness while driving has saved me the most. Whenever I'm stopped at a traffic light, 100% of the time I'm checking my rear view and side view mirrors for police cars that might have pulled up behind me. Whenever, I merge onto the highway from an on-ramp, 100% of the time I look over and check my side view mirror for police cars already on the highway before accelerating. At each and every stop sign I pull up to, 100% of the time I'm looking for police cars parked in sight of the intersection. Many people who have ridden with me have been astonished when I sight a police on the other side of the highway going in the opposite direction with the sun in my face. I think it's really just my training as a Naval Aviator that I have applied towards driving a high performance car on public roadways that has saved me as well. In military air combat, we preach Situational Awareness. If you don't have SA, then you'll probably be shot down faster than an Egyptian Air Force fighter jet. In the Navy, we train to fight and fight to win. I think this is also the reason why I've been running Full Straightpipes for almost a year now and have never been pulled over for them. My SA when I drive around is too good for civilian Law Enforcement.

Anyways, 15 years and still no speeding tickets and I've done some crazy ass shit on the road. If I get caught speeding or whatever, I deserve to get caught.

So yeah I have no crazy stories to tell. Fastest ticket I ever got was something very benign like 73 in a 65 or something, I don't even remember. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #80
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I've always thought of getting pulled over as having to do with the Butterfly Effect. In my mind a certain sequence of events have to take place in order for them to lead to a ticket. You have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and the police officer has to be in the right place at the right time. Butterfly Effect. What I try to do is eliminate as much possibility and probability that I'll encounter a police car and if I do, I want to know where he is before he knows where I am.

My combination of Valentine 1, Laser Interceptor and Waze, have helped greatly. But, my near anal practice of attentiveness while driving has saved me the most. Whenever I'm stopped at a traffic light, 100% of the time I'm checking my rear view and side view mirrors for police cars that might have pulled up behind me. Whenever, I merge onto the highway from an on-ramp, 100% of the time I look over and check my side view mirror for police cars already on the highway before accelerating. At each and every stop sign I pull up to, 100% of the time I'm looking for police cars parked in sight of the intersection. Many people who have ridden with me have been astonished when I sight a police on the other side of the highway going in the opposite direction with the sun in my face. I think it's really just my training as a Naval Aviator that I have applied towards driving a high performance car on public roadways that has saved me as well. In military air combat, we preach Situational Awareness. If you don't have SA, then you'll probably be shot down faster than an Egyptian Air Force fighter jet. In the Navy, we train to fight and fight to win. I think this is also the reason why I've been running Full Straightpipes for almost a year now and have never been pulled over for them. My SA when I drive around is too good for civilian Law Enforcement.

Anyways, 15 years and still no speeding tickets and I've done some crazy ass shit on the road. If I get caught speeding or whatever, I deserve to get caught.

So yeah I have no crazy stories to tell. Fastest ticket I ever got was something very benign like 73 in a 65 or something, I don't even remember. Lol!
So much for confessions -
Well, I believe I have SA too, but I also believe in your theory of Butterfly Effect -

Potential mishaps before speeding tickets (Possible causes leading to a speeding ticket):
1. Police officer is there
2. Hasn't pulled any one just before you
3. In mood of turning his radar on (Sometimes they are not and just making sure people know they are there)
4. You are coming along unaware
5. Your radar detector can't see him before he sees you
6. Or your RD sees him before he sees you but your B&O is too loud to hear it -
7. Laser jammers not working or you don't have them or installed wrongfully -
8. You ignore radar thinking it is an Audi coming close to you or near by Best buy (Noticed that-
9. Your radar detector is off and you think it is on
10. You have a COBRA like me -; ) and drive thinking you are ticket proof or protected !! LOL !! (Just kidding as I really don't trust it much as it goes off for anything even if I yawn!!
etc.... list goes on .... What AM I MISSING?

So everything has to be working against you and stars really line up for one to get pulled over!

Hope this is not a bad omen -

Last edited by soooma; 03-10-2014 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #81
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

No cops around but hit 214 in the veyron and was thinking about what we would tell a cop if we got pulled over
      03-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #82
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
No cops around but hit 214 in the veyron and was thinking about what we would tell a cop if we got pulled over
That's legendary!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #83
Fantasm
Lieutenant
Algeria
Rep
Drives: SL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
The stories about SoCal are amazing.

If we only we had video footage... I should blow-out some BlackVue DR500GW video dash cams out to the forum members (I am a distributor)...

-
Yes, blow-out 2 or 3 to me, I'll have some good footage lol.
Too bad it doesn't have a GPS speed indicator on the video footage, as even hitting 170Mph won't look all that fast on video normally.
      03-11-2014, 12:13 AM   #84
ShainoF10M5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Yeah I don't know. Maybe things have changed. I almost feel like I'm in car enthusiast prison living here on the East Coast now. But I'm determined to make the best of it. I just can't wait for Winter to be over. I want to organize some events and runs up and down the East Coast this year. I'll keep you posted.
I have to say (knock on wood) that law enforcement does not have much of a presence on the interstates in Miami. I run with several surveillance methods and a jammer and rarely get attention from LE. I'm someone who enjoys the accelleration to triple digits much more than sustained speeds over 100, and 80 seems to be perfectly fine with LE on I-95. Very high speeds in S Fl are asking for a deadly accident because of the abundance of senile or third world drivers on our roads, so I choose my high speed stretches very carefully. This past weekend, for example, we were driving back from Key West and encountered some blissfully long open stretches of bridge between the islands. I hit the speed limiter twice and could have gone much faster with very low risk of LE on the bridges. And most of you have already said this, but 150 in the F10 feels like 100 in most other cars. Erie calm, even in full sport settings.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 12:52 AM   #85
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

one of the things.. i love about my country..!
as long as its empty, its yours!
      03-11-2014, 05:28 AM   #86
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

2 years ago i have been stopped by french police in their astra vxr nurburgring edition

me and my friends were travelling to alps from uk in 2 cars
we ve been stretching legs on amazing sunny day in the end of march, after shitty grey uk weather for 3 months
so our speed always varied from 170 to 270km/h
we pull into petrol station, got some gas and switched seats
i got into passenger seat of my car and off we go, my friend hasn't driven m3 before, so was very excited to push it and most of the time our speed stayed well above 200, but we had to slow-down sometimes for our other friends in 320d to catch up ( guys in that car had a bet if they would be able to push that car above 250 they have managed to do it going downhill )
1 hour after we switched seats we can see some blue lights far far far away
so we slow down to 170 (you shouldn't be pulled over if you are doing <170 in france) and went moved to 2nd lane
guys in 320d were about a km behind us and they were not pulled over, so we thought we are fine and police just in a rush somewhere
soon as police approached us, they slowed down, shotgun office opened the window and pointing fingers at us, came in front of us, a ticker came up on their rear window saying "POLICE. FOLLOW US."
at this moment our friends in 320d doing 200kmh passing by us in left lane, laughing and showing wankers to us
so police goes after them

anyways in the end they took us to nearest resting area off high-way, i expected them to be dickheads, as i used to meet moody jealous uk cops!
i started to argue with them straight-away, as officer told us we were clocked at 187kmh minus error it comes to just under 170kmh (i think they have 10% error), so they will issue us a fine of 150 euro + 1 month ban (per each driver), however there was no proof/evidence of the speed they clocked us! especially after they told us both drivers are banned and both drivers are going to be issued with fine and if we don't have cash, we will drive to nearest cash point as we have to pay straight-away, if not, we are going to police station.

there was radar, but no picture/date/any info of when the speed been clocked, so in theory they could have clocked anyone else ages ago and now they are pulling over anyone speeding and saying thats the speed we clocked you
i was trying to prove them, they have no proof, we could have swapped seats after they clocked us, so they might ban wrong person, etc etc, it lasted for about an hour, brit police would be pissed red sweating etc

but these guys were so nice, smiling all the time
1 of them couldn't speak english at all, so he was sunbathing
another guy, who was dealing with us, told us they were trying to catch up with us for 45minutes and if we wouldn't slow down for another 5-7 minutes, we would be out of their county/jurisdiction/state and they would just turn around
officer really liked my car, so he was walking around checking it out for good 10 minutes, i offered him to race with me, but he said he has no chance winning, so we skipped it, but he let me do couple of donuts on parking lot

we paid our fines and they were gone, but we still don't know if we were suppose to pay or not, but it was good fun

we were also told that we don't need to worry for next 150km
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #87
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

@mstmng: Ah, les Français.... Europe does it differently... I wonder what would have happened if that took place in Italy or Germany... or Russia...

Quote:
Yes, blow-out 2 or 3 to me, I'll have some good footage lol.
Too bad it doesn't have a GPS speed indicator on the video footage, as even hitting 170Mph won't look all that fast on video normally.

Yes it does and you have the option to turn off the date/ time/ speed overlay in the settings.

Here is a screenshot of the playback in the BlackVue app on Android. An accident that happened in front of me.

Will try and post some footage later to demonstrate.

Edit: no video screen capture on Android < 4.4 (without Root) so here is a video of the phone playing back the footage and using the GPS data to display location on Google Maps.

The video quality of the footage itself is much better obviously @ 30 fps and full HD.

Last edited by v12; 03-11-2014 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #88
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:

"I feel the need…..the need for speed"
Appreciate 0