Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5

Garage List
2007 BMW M5  [0.00]
2009 BMW X5  [0.00]
Not been caught in the past 13 years

I regularly speed over the limit, the UK motorways are limited to 70 but normally in the outside lane it is seen as acceptable to do 80, if I see a police car I'll slow it down to the speed they're doing but otherwise 80 is the norm, the most I've ever done is 175MPH while racing a C63 AMG at 12AM ish on the way home, I normally stop at about 120MPH but this guy just kept going util about 140MPH and then my 14YO son wanted us to keep going so then I decided, sod it there are no cars and I just went for it. One thing to note is that I would only ever do this sort of speed when I know there are no police cars and that I am not putting anyone else at risk, as there were no other cars I knew it wouldn't be hazardous to other road users and I always keep my eye open for unmarked police cars, damn sly the police in the UK, I got caught once 13 years ago for doing 50 in a 40 zone but only had to pay a £30 fine. Man 175MPH is damn fast for a big 4dr saloon, and it was still going strong
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #178
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazOjla View Post
I regularly speed over the limit, the UK motorways are limited to 70 but normally in the outside lane it is seen as acceptable to do 80, if I see a police car I'll slow it down to the speed they're doing but otherwise 80 is the norm, the most I've ever done is 175MPH while racing a C63 AMG at 12AM ish on the way home, I normally stop at about 120MPH but this guy just kept going util about 140MPH and then my 14YO son wanted us to keep going so then I decided, sod it there are no cars and I just went for it. One thing to note is that I would only ever do this sort of speed when I know there are no police cars and that I am not putting anyone else at risk, as there were no other cars I knew it wouldn't be hazardous to other road users and I always keep my eye open for unmarked police cars, damn sly the police in the UK, I got caught once 13 years ago for doing 50 in a 40 zone but only had to pay a £30 fine. Man 175MPH is damn fast for a big 4dr saloon, and it was still going strong
wow... 175 mph! I heard there is a fine of £10K for speeding in UK and for sure it's for much less than 175 mph. what will you get at this speed?
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #179
TazOjla
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5

Garage List
2007 BMW M5  [0.00]
2009 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
wow... 175 mph! I heard there is a fine of £10K for speeding in UK and for sure it's for much less than 175 mph. what will you get at this speed?
I'd easily get my license taken away, no idea for how long but over a year, a vey very hefty fine and jail time. The UK is very strict on speeding but it was late at night and there were no cars about but regardless this is one hell of a car and can get you done it quite easily. The adrenaline though as your doing that speed none the less helped by my son telling me to go faster
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #180
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 BMW 1M

126mph. Straight to jail......
11' BMW 1M
15' Mercedes GL 350 (wife's daily)
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #181
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovman View Post
126mph. Straight to jail......
What happened afterwards?
Consequences ?
Rest of story man -
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #182
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazOjla View Post
then my 14YO son wanted us to keep going so then I decided,

One thing to note is that I would only ever do this sort of speed when I know there are no police cars and that I am not putting anyone else at risk, :
Really? Not putting anyone at risk? And quite the role model at the same time.
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #183
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5 View Post
Really? Not putting anyone at risk? And quite the role model at the same time.
LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #184
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst
2010 I was moving from Northern CA to Southern CA and our last trip with the wife to move the final crap out of the storage was in my 2006 bmw x5 4.8is.
We were on I-5 and this Cayenne decides to mess with me. I look over at my wife and she says "get him". It was 2am and nobody else was on a long stretch.
I start reeling him in and pulling at 130, 140mph and as we pass an overpass I am 2 cars ahead and I see parking lights of a cop car hiding under the overpass behind the wall. We both slow down and I see that the cop start moving and turns on his red and blue lights. I pull over on the shoulder and because I knew I was getting and Cayenne kept on going.
License and registration....he assumes I knew why i was being stopped and I told him that a Porsche started messing with us and pride took over and that we were moving and this was our final trip. I told the wife to act upset and she told the cop that she told me not to speed. He came back and said "well I clocked you at 140mph, your wife will be pissed at you for the next 4 hours of your trip, your suv is packed to the roof and I dont think you want to come back to court here. At least you beat a Porsche and you stopped to make things easier for me. I will give you a verbal warning and go after the Porsche. Be safe."

I loved that truck.
Cool wife!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #185
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUK View Post
Cool wife!
Cooler LEO!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #186
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

A little off topic but I have passed 2 LEOs in SC and GA lately shooting something and no chirp or anything from my Max? Laser? And I just didn't get hit maybe? It has gone off from laser before Luckily I was within tolerance at the time
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #187
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
What happened afterwards?
Consequences ?
Rest of story man -
The rest of the story is a gem. The State trooper that pulled me over asked if I had someone to come pick up my car (72' Porsche 911S) as I was obviously going to jail . I told him yes, call this number , it is my father he will come pick up the car. So he called my father, explained what was happening, my father said I will be there in 30 minutes to pick up the car.

So about 15 minutes later, another trooper shows up, the two troopers talk, than we speed away. I ask why are we not waiting for my car to get picked up before we leave the scene. He instructs me to shut-up, don't worry about it. The other trooper staying behind will wait with the car.

While I was getting booked into jail for speeding. My father shows up about 20 minutes after we left the location where my car was and he arrived on a scene of absolute chaos. He said there where 6 trooper units parked all over the place, lights flashing, a K-9 unit on sight as well with a K9 dog walking around inside the car while 2 other troopers were searching under the bonnet with the spare, jack, tire tools, carpet, all over the ground in front of the car.

My father walks up to the car where he is immediately stopped by the troopers with their hands on the guns about to draw asking him what is his business here. He then proceeds to tell them that it is my son who owns this car, where is he.

They ask him to take 50 paces back , than they will discuss what is going on. He then demands to know where I am and have they gotten my consent on searching my car. Then the mood changed, they all looked around at each other with confused looks with no answer. My father asked again why am I (his son) not present while they search my car as it is the law in Lousiana as well as I have to be present during the search. No answer. He instructs them to stop the search and put the car back exactly as they found it. They indeed stop the search, jump into their cars, and all drive off. Leaving everything that they pulled out of the car during the search on the ground. So my father spent the next 40 minutes on the side the road putting the car and all my personnel effects back into the car. Most of what was in the car was thrown without regard to its value. Some of my belongings were thrown over 50' away from the car.

By now he is absolutely FUMING MAD. He drives straight to the local DA's office(speeding a might add) and demands to speak with the DA about what had just transpired, on the way to the DA 's office he called the family lawyer who met him there. He explained the situation to the DA and a decision was made immediately.

Long story short, the DA called the jail and I was immediately released as the Troopers unlawfully searched my vehicle without my consent or with me present.
The speeding ticket was thrown away and it was as if it had never happened. All except my ripped seats in my car and scratched doors jams from the K9 jumping all over the inside and out of the car. I ended up having to re-upholster the seats and was able to compound the scratches out of the car. It sucked to be honest. I contacted the State Police to file a complaint about the damage and ask for them to pay for the damages. Ignored! My attorney was egging me on to sue which I refused as I couldn't see how my having to spend a lot of money to get back a little money out of the State Police made much sense. I wanted justice but was so disgusted with the whole ordeal, I chose to forgot and move on.

I have to say up until that moment, I held law enforcement in fairly high regard. But after that day not so much.
11' BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #188
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovman View Post
The rest of the story is a gem. The State trooper that pulled me over asked if I had someone to come pick up my car (72' Porsche 911S) as I was obviously going to jail . I told him yes, call this number , it is my father he will come pick up the car. So he called my father, explained what was happening, my father said I will be there in 30 minutes to pick up the car.

So about 15 minutes later, another trooper shows up, the two troopers talk, than we speed away. I ask why are we not waiting for my car to get picked up before we leave the scene. He instructs me to shut-up, don't worry about it. The other trooper staying behind will wait with the car.

While I was getting booked into jail for speeding. My father shows up about 20 minutes after we left the location where my car was and he arrived on a scene of absolute chaos. He said there where 6 trooper units parked all over the place, lights flashing, a K-9 unit on sight as well with a K9 dog walking around inside the car while 2 other troopers were searching under the bonnet with the spare, jack, tire tools, carpet, all over the ground in front of the car.

My father walks up to the car where he is immediately stopped by the troopers with their hands on the guns about to draw asking him what is his business here. He then proceeds to tell them that it is my son who owns this car, where is he.

They ask him to take 50 paces back , than they will discuss what is going on. He then demands to know where I am and have they gotten my consent on searching my car. Then the mood changed, they all looked around at each other with confused looks with no answer. My father asked again why am I (his son) not present while they search my car as it is the law in Lousiana as well as I have to be present during the search. No answer. He instructs them to stop the search and put the car back exactly as they found it. They indeed stop the search, jump into their cars, and all drive off. Leaving everything that they pulled out of the car during the search on the ground. So my father spent the next 40 minutes on the side the road putting the car and all my personnel effects back into the car. Most of what was in the car was thrown without regard to its value. Some of my belongings were thrown over 50' away from the car.

By now he is absolutely FUMING MAD. He drives straight to the local DA's office(speeding a might add) and demands to speak with the DA about what had just transpired, on the way to the DA 's office he called the family lawyer who met him there. He explained the situation to the DA and a decision was made immediately.

Long story short, the DA called the jail and I was immediately released as the Troopers unlawfully searched my vehicle without my consent or with me present.
The speeding ticket was thrown away and it was as if it had never happened. All except my ripped seats in my car and scratched doors jams from the K9 jumping all over the inside and out of the car. I ended up having to re-upholster the seats and was able to compound the scratches out of the car. It sucked to be honest. I contacted the State Police to file a complaint about the damage and ask for them to pay for the damages. Ignored! My attorney was egging me on to sue which I refused as I couldn't see how my having to spend a lot of money to get back a little money out of the State Police made much sense. I wanted justice but was so disgusted with the whole ordeal, I chose to forgot and move on.

I have to say up until that moment, I held law enforcement in fairly high regard. But after that day not so much.
I would take what happened to your car any minute over what was gonna happen to your records after jail time because of that speeding ticket! So look at the bright side! But that's a shame what they did to you and to your car!

Thank you so much for your touching story which makes me happy I made this thread so people can tell what happened -

Job
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:42 AM   #189
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
if you believe you are caught by a mobile speed gun (speed gun on a biker rozzer), do you know if they take a picture with the recorded speed or just rely on a copper being further down the road to pull you over?
Picture with the recorded speed (personal experience!!!)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 11:00 AM   #190
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
I would take what happened to your car any minute over what was gonna happen to your records after jail time because of that speeding ticket! So look at the bright side! But that's a shame what they did to you and to your car!

Thank you so much for your touching story which makes me happy I made this thread so people can tell what happened -

Job
Oh most definitely Sooma, I was extremely lucky. The end result could have been a lot worse.

A funny thing to mention about the ordeal is once I was freed from jail, a deputy brought me to meet my father and the DA. The DA began to chew me out for driving like an idiot on the roads but also called my father out as well. You see my father had a really bad habit of driving EXTREMELY fast EVERYWHERE he went. The DA said, " well son I don't guess I can fully hold you responsible for what you have done today as your father here drives like a maniac as well, so I guess we can't be too surprised here that you would do the same as he has set such a good example for you while you grew up all these years" I almost busted out in laughter but I digressed after I saw my fathers face turning red.
Funny enough, not a whole lot wan discussed about that since then. We got in the car, he asked, well son what have you learned today. I said not to do as you do , do as you say. He looked over at me sort of smirked and tha pt was the end of that.
11' BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #191
elitex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C Coupe, 21 X5MC

Garage List
A lot of cops are crooks and they let power get to their heads. They forget that they are public servants. Keyword, servants!!!

One night Cops were stopping everyone off one of the exits near one of my friends house. Cop comes up and asks for my drivers license. I hand it over and then I ask, why are you pulling us over? He says, EXCUSE ME!!! he couldn't believe that I even questioned him. How dare I. He didn't even answer my question. A$$hole!

Ignorant cops.
21 X5M MBB, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4 Comp,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade Plat ESV, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima, 01 Altima, 00 Altima, 94 Explorer, 92 Toyota Pickup, 98 Altima
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #192
DrewM5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
A lot of cops are crooks and they let power get to their heads.

Ignorant cops.
Honestly, that is a crock of shit and shows you to be just as ignorant as you claim they are. Gerneralizations generally prove untrue. (And no, the irony of that statment is not unintentional)

Some cops are crooks, let power go to their head and/or are ignorant. But the same can be said of lawyers, engineers, teachers, firefighters, cooks, military, crossing guards, barristas, and on and on and on. I am just curious what research you base your claim on that "a lot" of cops fit these charateristics. How may cops have you met? What percentage of the total "cop population" would you sat that is? I am just trying to understand the sample size of your control group.
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #193
elitex
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Honestly, that is a crock of shit and shows you to be just as ignorant as you claim they are. Gerneralizations generally prove untrue. (And no, the irony of that statment is not unintentional)

Some cops are crooks, let power go to their head and/or are ignorant. But the same can be said of lawyers, engineers, teachers, firefighters, cooks, military, crossing guards, barristas, and on and on and on. I am just curious what research you base your claim on that "a lot" of cops fit these charateristics. How may cops have you met? What percentage of the total "cop population" would you sat that is? I am just trying to understand the sample size of your control group.
Screw the sample size. Ask anyone. Let me guess, either you or someone you know is in law enforcement?

I am not ignorant, I've experienced a whole lot BS from cops over the years. I can only speak of my experience.

My wife has 3 cousins in law enforcement in Illinois. Even they agree with my statement.

We'll leave Lawyers for another discussion.... Especially the one's practicing family law.
21 X5M MBB, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4 Comp,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade Plat ESV, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima, 01 Altima, 00 Altima, 94 Explorer, 92 Toyota Pickup, 98 Altima

Last edited by elitex; 06-26-2014 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 05:57 AM   #194
DrewM5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
Screw the sample size. Ask anyone. Let me guess, either you or someone you know is in law enforcement?

I am not ignorant, I've experienced a whole lot BS from cops over the years. I can only speak of my experience.

My wife has 3 cousins in law enforcement in Illinois. Even they agree with my statement.

We'll leave Lawyers for another discussion.... Especially the one's practicing family law.
No me nor anyone I know well. I just hate when people make inflammatory stereotyping statements. You are right, you can only speak as to your experience. Yet, you made an overreaching statement that covered all situations and was not limited to your experience.

I guess the same goes for your statement about family law lawyers. Does that apply equally to the one that was representing you are just your opposition?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #195
WuTang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT

Quote:
No me nor anyone I know well. I just hate when people make inflammatory stereotyping statements. You are right, you can only speak as to your experience. Yet, you made an overreaching statement that covered all situations and was not limited to your experience.

I guess the same goes for your statement about family law lawyers. Does that apply equally to the one that was representing you are just your opposition?
He has a point. Based off of the one example which stated there were 6 State troopers surrounding the Porsche and 2 of them vigorously searching the car. ALL of them ignoring the LAW by illegally searching the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 08:36 AM   #196
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTang View Post
He has a point. Based off of the one example which stated there were 6 State troopers surrounding the Porsche and 2 of them vigorously searching the car. ALL of them ignoring the LAW by illegally searching the car.
Eye opening story! !
Some of them I met are real gentlemen and nice and some are jerk which again reflects the usual mix of human beings in any given job!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 09:51 AM   #197
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Very true sooma. I had 12 years in the pd and Yes some didn't belong there but there are jerks in Every profession. I know everyone here on these boards aren't angels. The key word here is SOME people in every profession.

Last edited by boots; 06-29-2014 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #198
elitex
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots
Very true sooma. I had 12 years in the pd and Yes some didn't belong there but there are jerks in Every profession. I know everyone here on these boards aren't angels. The key word here is SOME people in every profession.
Agreed but most people don't have much power to do anything. They can be assholes but who cares. Here's another one.

Many years ago my brother flipped off a guy because he cut my brother off in traffic. Within 5 minutes there are about 6 cop cars pulling him over, they tackle him to the ground and had him at gun point. Why? Because he flipped off a buddy of the towns sheriff! And no reason was ever given for the traffic stop...

My brother was confused at first at what happened until the guy he flipped off comes around and starts talking to the cops! This happened in the great state of Louisiana!!!
Appreciate 0