BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-30-2023, 09:47 AM   #1
cheesetoastie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335D

Idrive gremlins

Can anyone help. I’ve just changed my battery and I’ve lost HUD, access to enter time and a few other idrive settings. I’ve tried disconnecting the battery again and now have the SOS call issue. There’s no driving issues and operates as before but the electrics are driving me nuts. I’ve cleared all codes via BimmerLink but still no help.
Any ideas
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 12:46 AM   #2
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesetoastie View Post
Can anyone help. I’ve just changed my battery and I’ve lost HUD, access to enter time and a few other idrive settings. I’ve tried disconnecting the battery again and now have the SOS call issue. There’s no driving issues and operates as before but the electrics are driving me nuts. I’ve cleared all codes via BimmerLink but still no help.
Any ideas
Did you code in the new battery?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 11:09 AM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

The only reason for coding a new battery is if you change the type or specs of the battery. A new battery does need to be registered, though…which is a different procedure than coding.

Also, I’m confused. The OP posts on an F10 M5 forum….doesn’t mention what vehicle they are referring to…and when you look at the car info below their avatar…it lists a different BMW platform (an F30 3 series).

So was the new battery registered? Was the new battery coded if different spec than the original? Did you turn the HUD back on using the button to turn it on (in case the battery replacement turned it off)? Can the OP post any pics of the issues with iDrive and an inability to reset the clock? You probably need to reset your sunroof, too…a loss of electrical power usually make it go wonky.

Hopefully we’ll get an update…or will this thread get ghosted.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 02:36 PM   #4
cheesetoastie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335D

I got to the bottom of the issue. The green cable that goes from the idrive unit to hud it’s a bright red light had become loose from the plastic coupler. A dab of super glue and all issues gone and we are back to normal 👍
Appreciate 1
Beast27358.00