Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-13-2023, 04:01 PM   #1
banditM3
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5

Brake Squeak

Guys, need a little help. I recently had new front pads and rotors put on my F10 M5. The originals finally needed to be replaced after 55000 miles. The replacement set of rotors warped. My Indy guy thinks it was bad batch of rotors. So he replaced the rotors and pads for free.

After this last set was installed I now have a squeak coming from my front left. To be clear, it is not the much talked about brake squeak that most performance cars get that sound like a semi-truck coming to a stop. I've had that before and it doesn't bother me. I just brake harder to make it go away. I also regularly re-bed the brakes as I mostly city drive and never really get into the brakes to clean the deposits off so it'll get the brake judder issue occasionally.

This is a squeak, I can only hear it below 15 or 20 miles and hour. It sounds like a little bird is trapped in the wheel well. It only happens when the wheel is turned right or left, and INSTANTLY goes away with any sort of brake pressure. I heard a C8 Corvette making the same noise at the last cars and coffee while rolling through the parking lot.

Any ideas or advice on how to stop it? If not I'll just have it addressed at my next service, but that won't be until the fall.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0