M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

06-25-2017, 08:54 PM   #23
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Yeah it isn't going to win any stoplight races but if it's for the wife and kids, it's a great car. I have the M5 and the 991tt to get my tickles when I need it...
That's why I have the GL450. It's quick, but not fast. More than enough to keep her happy and me pleased though.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 09:20 PM   #24
PetrolFumes
Major
Rep
Drives: Raptor, GT3RS,E92 M3,X5M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolFumes View Post
I hated the Q7. sluggggg BUT reliable.
Yeah it isn't going to win any stoplight races but if it's for the wife and kids, it's a great car. I have the M5 and the 991tt to get my tickles when I need it...
this is truee..but I still have the need for something that moves a bit even if I'm driving 2 miles to get groceries with the fam. it's just my style of driving. for the average reason you stated.. can be a great car
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 09:39 AM   #25
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

As someone stated before, RR Sport gets my vote for a single car. X5M is too much money and maintence will be killer after warranty. Ive lost my interest in audi a few years back and hard for me to get into MB. If you want an awd for under 35k, you could look into a Honda Pilot, 4Runner or even a tacoma truck. those are pretty good bang for the buck. this way you get to keep your M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 11:25 AM   #26
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Beast_NYC View Post
As someone stated before, RR Sport gets my vote for a single car. X5M is too much money and maintence will be killer after warranty. Ive lost my interest in audi a few years back and hard for me to get into MB. If you want an awd for under 35k, you could look into a Honda Pilot, 4Runner or even a tacoma truck. those are pretty good bang for the buck. this way you get to keep your M3.
Not a bad Idea. When you say the X5M is too much money you mean new? I was looking at 16s and they dropped into the 80s.

Overall lots of good feedback. Thanks for the help all!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #27
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
range rover sport supercharged. best of all worlds. I have a 1.5 year old. The wife feels safe in it and I have fun in my M5

What trim of RR sport should I be looking at? They are all Supercharged it seems.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #28
PetrolFumes
Major
Rep
Drives: Raptor, GT3RS,E92 M3,X5M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto
Quote:
range rover sport supercharged. best of all worlds. I have a 1.5 year old. The wife feels safe in it and I have fun in my M5

What trim of RR sport should I be looking at? They are all Supercharged it seems.
There's v6 supercharged and v8 supercharged as well as hybrid. me personally I liked the V8 because the others were too slow for me. but if you want to save 10k and do the v6 and don't need the speed for it
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 02:15 PM   #29
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

You guys are all way off. Lol!

If you want something that's AWD and a bit of a more all-rounder, then look no further than the all new 2018 Audi S5 Sportback. It's got AWD for starters with the great Audi Quattro system, then it's got the sleek sexiness of a 2-door coupe, but the practicality of a 4-door with its 4 doors like a sedan. The back seat is actually quite roomy, I sat in one a couple of weeks ago. It's got 354hp so is no slouch, not going to be as fast as an M3 or X5M though, but is significantly cheaper than both of those. Lastly, it's got that 5th door with a giant hatch on the back. When you fold the rear-seats down you've practically got as much room in the back as a station wagon, because it's a hatchback. Plus the car looks sexy as hell and comes with some great options. I have personally had a 428i Gran Coupe for a daily driver for almost a year now, and the utility is actually fantastic.

If economics and fuel economy is a concern of yours then also look no further than the new 2017/2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV. It's basically the first EV in the world to achieve a single charge range of nearly a Tesla without the expensive costs of a Tesla. I also own one of these now for the past 3 months and it is hands down one of the very best cars I have ever owned. It drives so smooth since it has no transmission and I swear the ride quality is as good as a BMW 5-Series. The back seat area is enormous! The Chevy engineers designed the new Bolt EV from the ground up as an Electric Car and therefore they were able to do things that other cars can't do as well, such as moving the back seat further back to give a large amount of knee space to the passengers. Cargo space isn't going to be as much as say the new 2018 BMW X3, but the Bolt EV is more of in the compact SUV / Crossover category rather than being a full SUV, still the rear cargo space is very doable and I have fit baby carriage stollers back there no problem. Lastly, the efficiency of the Bolt EV simply can't be beat on the market right now except for by a Tesla. The EPA rates the Bolt EV with an MPGe of 128mpg and I consistently get a range of over 260 miles on the battery through the use of the Energy Recovery System. Not only that but the Bolt EV is actually very competitive in the luxury auto range with the Premier level of Trim which comes standard with leather that I personally think is better than BMW Dakota standard leather, and all of safety and convenience tech you will find on a German car, but at a fraction of the price, such as Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Warning, Forward Collision Warning, Heat Front AND Rear Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Bose Surround Sound System (which I think is about 90% of what a Harmon Kardon is), Wi-Fi Hotspot, XM Radio, and more! I have been consistently able to charge my Bolt EV at home for between $12-15 dollars if I were to charge it all the way up from a dead battery. I use my Bolt EV to commute to work with a 60 mile round trip every day. If I charge the car at home, I basically commute to work every day for $1.68 cents every day! You can't beat that! The Bolt EV isn't on sale everywhere yet, but Chevy is going to roll it out for sell in all 50 States by August this year. So you will be able to buy one if your state currently does not sell one. Oh also the Chevy Bolt EV is FWD and much easier to drive around in the snow, than say the RWD BMW i3. Of course, for colder climates, you will experience reduced range with colder outside temperature, because that is the nature of Li-Ion batteries, but with the Bolt EV's factory rated range of 238miles, it shouldn't be that much of an issue for a daily commuter car. Heck, just this last week I actually drove over 300 miles on a single charge due to efficient use of the cars Energy Recovery System, or in other words, every time the car slows down, you are charging the battery. Anyways, even if you have a kids and/or a big family, the Bolt EV is awesome, I'm telling you the back seat almost feels like a 7-Series back there, there is seriously so much room. Plus with it's 200hp and 266lbs/ft of torque, the power and torque come on instantly from the electric motor. It seriously gets off the line quick, you will have fun with it, just like I have.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Last edited by RPiM5; 06-26-2017 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #30
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Wtf is that? A bolt?
1 its a pos chevy. Pos interior, build quality, the works
2 its not awd. Fwd big deal. That's only good in snow on gas vehicles because the motor weight is over the front tires. Its not on a bolt.
3 its ev. Ewhhhhh.
4 comparing anything on that to a bmw is like comparing golden coral to Ruth's Chris.
5 I think chevy sold like 5 of them?
6 it ain't cheap. $36k+? You could get a civic or a camry, have a nicer interior, faster, better handling, and better in the snow. And 15k in your pocket which buys enough gas to drive 300,000 miles. And not worry if you have to drive more than 120 miles if you'll be able to get home that day. Or if you can even find a plug.
7 who sits in the back? The kids. Do they need a big back seat? No.

Smh
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #31
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Wtf is that? A bolt?
1 its a pos chevy. Pos interior, build quality, the works
2 its not awd. Fwd big deal. That's only good in snow on gas vehicles because the motor weight is over the front tires. Its not on a bolt.
3 its ev. Ewhhhhh.
4 comparing anything on that to a bmw is like comparing golden coral to Ruth's Chris.
5 I think chevy sold like 5 of them?
6 it ain't cheap. $36k+? You could get a civic or a camry, have a nicer interior, faster, better handling, and better in the snow. And 15k in your pocket which buys enough gas to drive 300,000 miles. And not worry if you have to drive more than 120 miles if you'll be able to get home that day. Or if you can even find a plug.
7 who sits in the back? The kids. Do they need a big back seat? No.

Smh
Like it or not, it's the future.

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #32
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post

If you want something that's AWD and a bit of a more all-rounder, then look no further than the all new 2018 Audi S5 Sportback. It's got AWD for starters with the great Audi Quattro system, then it's got the sleek sexiness of a 2-door coupe, but the practicality of a 4-door with its 4 doors like a sedan. The back seat is actually quite roomy, I sat in one a couple of weeks ago. It's got 354hp so is no slouch, not going to be as fast as an M3 or X5M though, but is significantly cheaper than both of those. Lastly, it's got that 5th door with a giant hatch on the back. When you fold the rear-seats down you've practically got as much room in the back as a station wagon, because it's a hatchback. Plus the car looks sexy as hell and comes with some great options. I have personally had a 428i Gran Coupe for a daily driver for almost a year now, and the utility is actually fantastic.

This suggestion might be spot on. The big question is....do I wait for the RS5 sportback?

Regards,
Chris
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #33
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Like it or not, it's the future.
When its actually a competitive viable option, yes.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #34
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
Quote:

This suggestion might be spot on. The big question is....do I wait for the RS5 sportback?

Regards,
Chris
Unfortunately I've seen nothing to confirm an RS5 Sportback. The RS5 Coupe looks awesome too. I'm hoping that Audi takes it a step further and designs an RS5 Sportback to fulfill a gap that BMW doesn't want to fill either with an M4 Gran Coupe.

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 12:23 PM   #35
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
This. I am on my second one and no problems at all. It's fast, has a great sound system, luxurious interior and it even gets 22mpg on the highway which is better than the CTTS did. If you have to go off road, this thing will go anywhere but that is an added bonus for most, for me it was a requirement.

Quote:
Here are the options in mine. I find them all very good, the sound system is very good. There are pics of it in my garage list.
Attached Images

Last edited by wrsbmw; 06-28-2017 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #36
wanesso
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3, no mods,no probs

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 GT-R  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
GTR. 2 kid size back seats, really big trunk...and zero to 60 in 3 sec is pretty darn fun (was unstoppable in winter w blizzaks) and just over 100k-- you won't be the same as every one else (i.e. Audi/BMW SUVs are everywhere )
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 11:10 AM   #37
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately I've seen nothing to confirm an RS5 Sportback. The RS5 Coupe looks awesome too. I'm hoping that Audi takes it a step further and designs an RS5 Sportback to fulfill a gap that BMW doesn't want to fill either with an M4 Gran Coupe.
I thought it was confirmed?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #38
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I thought it was confirmed?
Nope not confirmed. No new news on any such thing either. I really do hope that Audi does build an RS5 Sportback. That would be something really special I think.

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 09:58 PM   #39
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

Kia Stinger GT AWD

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 11:35 PM   #40
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Mercedes GLC63S Coupe. It is similar interior space to an M5 or an E63, has the AWD system from the E63S, the engine from the AMG GT, and it is an SUV.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 11:01 AM   #41
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Mercedes GLC63S Coupe. It is similar interior space to an M5 or an E63, has the AWD system from the E63S, the engine from the AMG GT, and it is an SUV.
I dont know if "I" can get past the looks though:

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 11:10 AM   #42
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Similar interior space?

I figured the GLC would be same size as a Macan
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 08:29 PM   #43
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Similar interior space?

I figured the GLC would be same size as a Macan
Actually interior space is noticeably bigger than Macan. Have a look at the Mercedes website. It's very similar to the E Class.

The people at Mercedes joke that the GLC is the least expensive E Class you can buy!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 08:31 PM   #44
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
I dont know if "I" can get past the looks though:

It looks pretty good for an SUV when you see it in person. Better than any BMW SUV. Not quite as nice as the Macan though. But Macan is smaller and rear seats are barely usable.
Appreciate 0