M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

11-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Got my car back with Stage 2 installed

Apparently I only had Stage 1 before but now I have a new DinanTronics module programmed to Stage 2.

Ran some quarters and the car is much faster.

I got

11.9@126.46 Trap with only a 2.1s 60ft and a terminal velocity of 127.5
This one was mash and go with MDM and sport plus gas. This is the fastest trap and terminal speed yet.

11.72@125.6 trap with a 2.05s 60ft and a terminal velocity of 126.6

This one is invalidated because of a little more than 1% slope but I did a better job modulating the throttle up front and it resulted in a better ET I think.

I still am not sure what was fixed while my car was in the shop after the first fuel pump was replaced and it subsequently died in the middle of Lamar, although it got a low pressure fuel sensor replaced along with the DinanTronics module in that time. Now all seems well and the car is obviously faster compared with previous Vbox data.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 06:11 PM   #2
shellbmb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Whereabouts in Austin are you making those runs? Hard to find a flat spot! Glad to hear your car is back and hopefully ok.

I think I saw your car at Toys-R-Us Lamar/360 a couple of weeks ago. Doubt there are many Amzonite Sliver M5's around. Cool color.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbmb View Post
Whereabouts in Austin are you making those runs? Hard to find a flat spot! Glad to hear your car is back and hopefully ok.

I think I saw your car at Toys-R-Us Lamar/360 a couple of weeks ago. Doubt there are many Amzonite Sliver M5's around. Cool color.
I go out off of 696 near the Alcoa plant for some. There are a lot of county roads out there with nothing on them, this one is right next to the plant. This is out past Elgin off of 290. Go toward Houston and turn left on 696. Drive around out there and pick one that suits you.

Yeah, just checked with my wife, she was out getting a new car seat for the grandson at Toys R Us. That was right before it went into the ordeal with the fuel pumps and whatever else.......
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
Apparently I only had Stage 1 before but now I have a new DinanTronics module programmed to Stage 2.

Ran some quarters and the car is much faster.
Hooray! We are glad you are back on the road. Let's hope your car is fixed for good this time. I know your Porsche is your new love but the M5 needs some love as well. Don't forget about her. =)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #5
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Hooray! We are glad you are back on the road. Let's hope your car is fixed for good this time. I know your Porsche is your new love but the M5 needs some love as well. Don't forget about her. =)
Hey I am glad and so is my wife, she likes driving it too! It definitely is faster but more powerful on the low end so I definitely need some work with my throttle modulation. I did OK several times though but the best 60 foot I could get was 2.05s. I got 1.9s during the summer. Now that everything is in place, I am planning to take it over to my best spot by my East Texas properties and run it on a perfectly flat mile I have over there. I may also take it back out to West Texas soon.

I am dropping the Porsche off at ATX Motorsports tomorrow to get a IPD Plenum, FVD Brombacher headers and the FVD piggy back tune installed. I already have the FVD "sound exhaust" with the high flow cats. So I will be driving only the M5 for a few days now until that work is done. Does it look faster now?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #6
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Only after it beats mine. Lol
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #7
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Hey I am glad and so is my wife, she likes driving it too! It definitely is faster but more powerful on the low end so I definitely need some work with my throttle modulation. I did OK several times though but the best 60 foot I could get was 2.05s. I got 1.9s during the summer. Now that everything is in place, I am planning to take it over to my best spot by my East Texas properties and run it on a perfectly flat mile I have over there. I may also take it back out to West Texas soon.

I am dropping the Porsche off at ATX Motorsports tomorrow to get a IPD Plenum, FVD Brombacher headers and the FVD piggy back tune installed. I already have the FVD "sound exhaust" with the high flow cats. So I will be driving only the M5 for a few days now until that work is done. Does it look faster now?
      11-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #8
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

you have a fast car sir... I like how you worded your og post:

Quote:
Apparently I only had Stage 1
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 06:52 AM   #9
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Looks like I also had a 8.2s 60-130 which is also the best yet.

My wife drove the car last night and said it's the smoothest it has been yet, she likes the tune.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 07:12 AM   #10
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Glad to see she is back on the road.
Appreciate 0