Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-22-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
Lennon997
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Driver restraint system malfunction

Hello,
Twice in the last 30 days i have gotten "Driver restraint system malfunction", went to shop had the code scanned and ran and mechanic had asked if i changed the steering wheel, the only thing came up was a different voltage from the wheel itself.

Cleared code, its gone, drove (3x different times) about 160 miles, started car up yesterday morning after a 100 mile drive and the light came on instantly. The first time the light came on was doing 80mph on the highway.

Any ideas? Does this sound like something that needs to be coded so that the ECU no longer sees this discrepancy?

thanks fellas.

car is going to dealer thursday morning.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 10:36 AM   #2
Reemas Dreemas
Private
Rep
Drives: NICE

this happened to me after a serious down pour... mirrors were folded up and rained on all day while at work for 12 hours plus... i took a leaf blower to the mirrors thinking water got inside trying to dry uo the mirrors. the codes faults went away a few days later and never came back
Appreciate 0