07-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #23
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5,X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Hi Don, I had a "supposed Mate" working at Porsche Norwich (before them moved to Cambridge) at the time I was interested in the Cayenne, I had the 928GTS 1995 model as a weekend car, anyway this guy offered be "below bottom book" on my F10 550i M Sport in Mint condition
Needless to say he was told were to go.
He kept phoning for about a week thinking I would change my mind, in the end I was very rude and told him to stick his deal up his A*se.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #24
nugent
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

this is one of the reasons i will never buy a p-car. the attitude, the ridiculous nickle and dime add-ons, apart from the mediocrity of the 911 design overall. performance wise there is no question, but it's everything else about the ownership experience that will keep me away.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #25
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Driven a C63, and that thing is a hot rod! The interior isn't that bad, the low rent plastics could've used work, I agree. If they ever make a black series wagon, count me in.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #26
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
this is one of the reasons i will never buy a p-car. the attitude, the ridiculous nickle and dime add-ons, apart from the mediocrity of the 911 design overall. performance wise there is no question, but it's everything else about the ownership experience that will keep me away.

LOL- go to the porsche boards and you will obviously get a different response--- or find owners of both here. I have had 4 Pcars and never had an issue with treatment. In fact my Porsche buying experiences have been better than my 6 M buys. And Im not saying the BMW purchases were bad but the P car ones were better. Now the addendum adds are quite crazy and at the same time very unique. One can truly cater and make a car to exactly what he or she wants down the exact color of the stitch of the seats, covering of the air vents, seat belt colors, etc. If you dont want all the adds- dont order a car with such. Or you can always find a car on the ground that was created by a dealer. Usually the dealers have a good mix of highly appointed units and more basically optioned cars.

Do you have tangible a personal buying experience or are you just posting based off the UK posts here? I have bought both cars over and over and over and over and beyond so these are my factual experiences.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #27
nugent
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
LOL- go to the porsche boards and you will obviously get a different response--- or find owners of both here. I have had 4 Pcars and never had an issue with treatment. In fact my Porsche buying experiences have been better than my 6 M buys. And Im not saying the BMW purchases were bad but the P car ones were better. Now the addendum adds are quite crazy and at the same time very unique. One can truly cater and make a car to exactly what he or she wants down the exact color of the stitch of the seats, covering of the air vents, seat belt colors, etc. If you dont want all the adds- dont order a car with such. Or you can always find a car on the ground that was created by a dealer. Usually the dealers have a good mix of highly appointed units and more basically optioned cars.

Do you have tangible a personal buying experience or are you just posting based off the UK posts here? I have bought both cars over and over and over and over and beyond so these are my factual experiences.

interesting, that's good to know you've had good experiences. i've one only 1 bad experience, though that has kept me away since then. i've also felt same way when it came to audi s or rs model test drives. they look at you like you need to put a down payment first. my m3 i bought used sight unseen and my m5 i did euro delivery. so i can't speak to bmw sales experiences.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #28
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
interesting, that's good to know you've had good experiences. i've one only 1 bad experience, though that has kept me away since then. i've also felt same way when it came to audi s or rs model test drives. they look at you like you need to put a down payment first. my m3 i bought used sight unseen and my m5 i did euro delivery. so i can't speak to bmw sales experiences.

Ive only done one sight unseen and that was my latest Porsche delivery--- and when the flatbed showed up at the house I was very much pleased. The service was 2nd to none- I asked for: tinted windows, clear markers, center wheel crests in black and silver, touch up paint, and oh the clincher- the price I wanted to pay only took one rehash
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #29
Ahmed
Private First Class
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [1.00]
I came to a C63 from an E60 M5. The C63 is much more refined. No lag at all

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #30
tico12
tico12
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG; awaiting 2014 M5

I currently drive a 2009 C63 and have enjoyed it for the past 4 years. It is a practical and exhilarating daily driver. The hand-built 6.2 liter engine sound is intoxicating and the tail on that thing is easy to break loose. Caution...watch out for the gas mileage

I have a 2014 M5 on order which just completed manufacture and is due to be delivered late August. These are 2 different animals!

Many have complained about the plastics on the interior...really?? I purchased new(all options available at the time but no P1) for under $60,000. My new M5 is around $110,000. Performance and fun-factor are both in the upper stratosphere so clearly one can't expect the same quality of materials with such a drastic price difference.

Looking forward to more room, luxury, technology and power from new M5. But I still feel that the C63 is one of the best Bang-for-the-buck.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #31
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Went to the Porsche dealers today, to see about a new GT3. I sat in a Carrera 2S with electric sports seats, and i felt uncomfortable straight away. The front of the seat base was too high, with no adjustment to lower it, so i pointed this out. Oh, you will need the fully adaptive seats to be comfortable sir, thats another £1700. So to get the correct position, i needed to spend another £1700. Got onto the thorney subject of financing the deal. All i can say is, i walked away from Porsche thinking, greedy, greedy so and so`s. From the price of the options, to their finance prices. But im a nobody, and they would not be bothered to get my business. My M5 felt all the sweeter on the way home, especially flat out in 2nd gear, into 3rd bang, gone. Sorry Porsche, no deal.
i think you might feel different if you could be behind the wheel of the gt3 at 9000 rpm.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #32
dr.skp.ortho
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 991 911 Carrera S, F06 M6 GC

I have the F10 M5 and the 991 911 Carrera S.

Yes Porsche is more expensive on options. But at least in my experience the whole sales, service and after sales care is so much better with Porsche compared to BMW. Porsche makes you pay a lot for their product but its worth it given how much better the after sales care is.
Mercedes C250
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #33
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

M3 is a better car in that car category
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #34
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Nugent. Back in 01 we bought a 00 Porsche boxter for my wife. Our experience was great. When it was time for service we were always treated with respect. 3.5 years later a 18 wheeler hit my wife while in that car spinning her around hitting the concrete barrier on the freeway totalling it. After putting 39k on it we got all our money back. Resale is tops. Til this day our experience has been great. Maybe its just those certain salesman you dealt with. Now at Ferrari it was so snobbish. When I bought this I car I had on raggy shorts dirty shoes and a ugly wrinkled azz shirt. I drive to Austin, told the guy I wanted this car today and was treated w respect and left w a smile. I don't judge anyone but some salesman do. Maybe that's what happen to you. Don't let that stop you from getting a great car.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #35
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho View Post

Yes Porsche is more expensive on options. But at least in my experience the whole sales, service and after sales care is so much better with Porsche compared to BMW. Porsche makes you pay a lot for their product but its worth it given how much better the after sales care is.
Completely the other way round here. No questions.

Last edited by Simon H; 07-27-2013 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #36
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Nugent. Back in 01 we bought a 00 Porsche boxter for my wife. Our experience was great. When it was time for service we were always treated with respect. 3.5 years later a 18 wheeler hit my wife while in that car spinning her around hitting the concrete barrier on the freeway totalling it. After putting 39k on it we got all our money back. Resale is tops. Til this day our experience has been great. Maybe its just those certain salesman you dealt with. Now at Ferrari it was so snobbish. When I bought this I car I had on raggy shorts dirty shoes and a ugly wrinkled azz shirt. I drive to Austin, told the guy I wanted this car today and was treated w respect and left w a smile. I don't judge anyone but some salesman do. Maybe that's what happen to you. Don't let that stop you from getting a great car.
You can go out to eat at top restaurants in Austin wearing shorts, you could go to the Ferrari place in Austin wearing shorts, it's on N. Lamar next to People's Pharmacy and across from Central Market, that's Austin. Austin is just different in that way than most other big cities in the US.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #37
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Completely the other way round here. No questions,
SECONDED Porsche uk stink
      07-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #38
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Porsche service US is great. only two grips.. one of my P-Cas have me going back to the shop almost every other month..... NOT COOL. but they take care of everything and are very easy to deal with. The last complaint is they stopped giving us Porsche loaners a few years back... Now we get a volvo, jeep, Chrysler, ford..... from enterprise rent a car on thier dime but still not what i expect when i buy this type of car...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #39
dr.skp.ortho
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 991 911 Carrera S, F06 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho View Post

Completely the other way round here. No questions.
I suspect it also has a lot to do with the individual dealer. At my BMW Dealer there are only 3 people whom I regard as competent....at the Porsche dealer the whole staff know the product inside out and really try to make everything easy for the customer.
Mercedes C250
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #40
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Quote:

I have to agree with Vic here. Also, the service experience with Porsche has been stunningly positive. A stark contrast to the dismal SoCal BMW service.
      07-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #41
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post

Both BMW and Porsche have been great; we have a Cayenne S for wife and kid duty - a very well optioned ride. Would definitely buy again, 4 Porsches so far and all good experiences. Ironically our Cayenne cost as much as my M5 and I was offered 5k more for a dealer trade in then the M5 and its a 2012 with 9000kms more. One great thing about P cars are their value hold. They make you pay to play but I find depreciation curves to be a little less steep then other brands.

Last edited by uhn2000; 07-27-2013 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0