M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

10-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
i3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 650i Vert

Performance Center Delivery

My M5 is en route to the states right now back from an ED. The shipping has been delayed about 4 days because of the Hurricane. It's now supposed to get to Brunswick on 11/9. When I ordered this car I told my CA that I wanted to do both an ED and a PCD. I just found out that basically my CA forgot to schedule my PCD. So he put the request for a PCD yesterday. BMWNA responded today telling him that it would take 5-7 business days to process the request and that they would not be able to schedule it until after the car is processed by the VPC.

What I read on another post regarding PCD was that the customer is put on a wait list which is prioritized by when the request for PCD was sent in. Since he just sent it in yesterday, I'm trying to get a feel as to when (roughly) I would actually take delivery at the PC. I was hoping to do the PCD prior to Thanksgiving. Have any of you done the PCD before? Do you believe its worth the added time for re-delivery?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
efm9821
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E46 M3

Garage List
2013 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3 View Post
My M5 is en route to the states right now back from an ED. The shipping has been delayed about 4 days because of the Hurricane. It's now supposed to get to Brunswick on 11/9. When I ordered this car I told my CA that I wanted to do both an ED and a PCD. I just found out that basically my CA forgot to schedule my PCD. So he put the request for a PCD yesterday. BMWNA responded today telling him that it would take 5-7 business days to process the request and that they would not be able to schedule it until after the car is processed by the VPC.

What I read on another post regarding PCD was that the customer is put on a wait list which is prioritized by when the request for PCD was sent in. Since he just sent it in yesterday, I'm trying to get a feel as to when (roughly) I would actually take delivery at the PC. I was hoping to do the PCD prior to Thanksgiving. Have any of you done the PCD before? Do you believe its worth the added time for re-delivery?
11/9 Brunswick, hmmm are you on the Courage? My Azurite Black F10 M5 on that shp sheduled for Brunswick 11/9 (a slide from 11/7 pre-Sandy). I did ED and planned/requested to do PCD as well. I selected PCD sometime back so I have no idea if you are penalized with schedule as you were told. However after looking here along with some other forums, I was seeing that the PCD could be backed up as much as 3 weeks! Thus my car would be sitting waiting on a que that long. This would have put it right on the 10 week mark as promised by BMW but if I can get it in 6 - 7 weeks by skipping PCD, why not?! Thus I abandoned the PCD option. I have been to the Performance Center several times for Performance and M Schools which are highly, highlyl advisable. It appears to me that the PCD would be a repeat of the excellent delivery experience at The Welt along with a "mini-Performance school." Reading through some blogs I noticed that mini-school is really only braking, slalmon and maybe some skid pad time but it sounded severely scaled back vs. the schools. My plan now is to take delivery of my car hopefully before Thanksiving and then look for a time to do another M School in their M Cars (along with the F10 M5) in the Spring! Something for your consideration!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
i3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 650i Vert

Yes I'm also on the Courage. I dropped off in Frankfurt on 10/9. I just saw a post on the PCD forum of that other website which is also lists about a 3 week span between when the car clears VPC and the scheduled PCD date. I'll probably tell my CA to skip it. If I go past the end of the month, I'll have to re-extend my current lease, make two car payments again and I'll have to wait an additional 2 weeks to get my car. All for a "mini-school". Thanks for the detailed response it was very helpful.

Which city in Alabama are you in? I'm in Destin. There seems to be more people from Alabama in Destin than Floridians. Maybe I'll see you driving around sometime, lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
efm9821
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E46 M3

Garage List
2013 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3 View Post
Yes I'm also on the Courage. I dropped off in Frankfurt on 10/9. I just saw a post on the PCD forum of that other website which is also lists about a 3 week span between when the car clears VPC and the scheduled PCD date. I'll probably tell my CA to skip it. If I go past the end of the month, I'll have to re-extend my current lease, make two car payments again and I'll have to wait an additional 2 weeks to get my car. All for a "mini-school". Thanks for the detailed response it was very helpful.

Which city in Alabama are you in? I'm in Destin. There seems to be more people from Alabama in Destin than Floridians. Maybe I'll see you driving around sometime, lol.
LOL! Been to Destin many a times, and yes I plan on taking the M5 down there as often as we can break away. We are in Huntsville. There is another F10 M5 owner in Decatur (Johntomferg). We just so happened to meet during our ED delivery in Munich!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

I just tracked my M5 which I dropped off in Nice second week of October. It is on the Don Juan due to leave Bremerhaven today 31 October 2012 and arriving Brunswick, GA on 19 November, 2012. I will be picking it up at the BMW Performance Center. Does anybody have any idea regarding the time when the car can be picked up at the PC after arrival at Brunswick, GA? I would want to schedule a 2-day M School around the pick up date if possible so as to avoid 2 trips to the PC, although per the M school schedule, the only ones available are after the New Year. Thanks for any info.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly drove a 13 F10 M5

Congrats i3; I haven't made it to Destin in awhile, I usually end up in Gulfport or Long Beach, MS when down that way

Looks like your and EFM's ship's Brunswick arrival will only be 2 days behind my ship.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
Bnicely
Bnicely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

PCD is awesome, did it with an 08 M6, me and my pops, and i highly reccomend it.... unless it delays you more than a week, then screw it, take delivery anywhere you can as fast as you can, but thats just my opinion. As a sidebar, you Alabamians head to Destin let me know, we have had a place at Edgewater in PCB forever but happy to drive down 30A and over to Destin to meet some car fanatics, eat some fresh fish and shoot the shit. Good luck to all of us anxiously awaiting our vehicles
      11-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #8
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I wouldnt take too much of a delay. It is pretty cool, but it pales compared with say the 1 day M School. Since I think all M owners should do the M school, the value of PCD is limited.

The agenda is roughly 1 hour of driving basics/safety training. 30 minutes of track time (with other PCD customers so traffic can be slow with all the SUVs, and you aren't allowed to pass). 30 minutes on the offroad track with SUVs. 1 hour factory tour. 45 minutes car delivery walkthrough.

The track time is the best bit if you already did ED and have had the walkthrough and factory tour.

I took my Dad last time and he loved it. For me, having done a decent amount of track driving, and having done the factory tour before, it was not so special.
Appreciate 0