M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

10-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
dsmclark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4 Clubsport

M Performance style tips on stock exhaust

After trying to clean up my chrome tips and them not coming out great I decided to take a chance on some replica m performance tips and I think they came out great!

I had to modify them to fit but that was only cutting out a little on the inner pipe as other wise they wouldn't slip on far enough as the stock exhaust gets narrower.

They are pretty much identical to the trim a friend has on his m135i with m performance exhaust (although if I'm picky the engraving is different) but they were a fraction of the cost as I did price some up from bmw and they wanted £1300 odd for 4!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-30-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
JtheW
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 m850gc

Looks great. I have a set in dry carbon that I need to put on but also need to modify them.
      11-03-2017, 03:05 AM   #3
Michaelmabill
Rep
Drives: Bmw f10 m5

Where did you buy it from ��
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #4
doughboy650gc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i grand coupe

link from where you bought these
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2017, 12:43 PM   #5
dsmclark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy650gc View Post
link from where you bought these
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3282...15af0bc1bFeVcL AliExpress. I went for the type with the screw but clamps might be better as you might not need to trim anything
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 11:21 PM   #6
PeterKolbe
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Thumbs up Diameter of tips, fitment.

These look really great at a great price!!! I have an F10 M5 competition pack and would like to fit these as well and am prepared to do small mods to ensure a secure fitment. The outside diameter of my OEM pipe is about 68mm and inside diameter about 65mm. What is the inside diameter of the tips? Do they slide over or inside the OEM exhaust pipe?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 01:21 AM   #7
PeterKolbe
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Diameter, fitment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmclark View Post
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3282...15af0bc1bFeVcL AliExpress. I went for the type with the screw but clamps might be better as you might not need to trim anything
These look really great at a great price!!! I have an F10 M5 competition pack and would like to fit these as well and am prepared to do small mods to ensure a secure fitment. The outside diameter of my OEM pipe is about 68mm and inside diameter about 65mm. What is the inside diameter of the tips? Do they slide over or inside the OEM exhaust pipe?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
AAA10
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmclark View Post
After trying to clean up my chrome tips and them not coming out great I decided to take a chance on some replica m performance tips and I think they came out great!

I had to modify them to fit but that was only cutting out a little on the inner pipe as other wise they wouldn't slip on far enough as the stock exhaust gets narrower.

They are pretty much identical to the trim a friend has on his m135i with m performance exhaust (although if I'm picky the engraving is different) but they were a fraction of the cost as I did price some up from bmw and they wanted £1300 odd for 4!!
These look great, thinking about getting some myself! How have they held up on your car? Do you remember what dimensions you got in terms of inlet, outlet and length?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0