M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

10-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #23
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

love the color!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #24
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Drive Home Update 2013 SO M5

First, I like to say I can't wait until all members receive their cars! I can only say all the negative post about the car will go away once you get behind the wheel. During ED I only drove for three hundred miles, and I just drove 900 miles from Michigan to Georgia.

The drive was awesome, and I love my purchase even more and would not change a thing. Sakhir Orange looks much better in person, and every stop the comment was wow very nice! The seats are very comfortable as the first leg was 8 hours through, Ohio, Kentucky, and spent the night in Knoxville nice downtown area. Average speed was 80 mph, and certain areas took up to 120 mph. The passport 4500 works great picks up all boggy's well in advance, and the speed traps are snooped out quickly.

Day two took us through North Carolina, and we hit Blue Ride Mountain and it was beautiful for a guy from California. The windy roads were great, and the M5 rides like it's on a rail. The car has two personalities mild when cruising which works great, but when you hit sport mode the thing is a killer and will stick your head in the back seat!! Power is not a problem, and it applies itself under the right circumstances.

Idrive options are a piece of cake, and I read the guide and very proficient will ALL the options. All I can say is I love the car, and would no change a thing! I'm happy the oil pump thing is over, and I know you all will have similar stories. I recommend you drive the car two hundred miles non stop, and I will post picture later time to land in NY I have to power down!

Sakhir Orange
Full merino
HUD
20"
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Trip pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #26
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Finally home
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #27
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
First, I like to say I can't wait until all members receive their cars! I can only say all the negative post about the car will go away once you get behind the wheel. During ED I only drove for three hundred miles, and I just drove 900 miles from Michigan to Georgia.

The drive was awesome, and I love my purchase even more and would not change a thing. Sakhir Orange looks much better in person, and every stop the comment was wow very nice! The seats are very comfortable as the first leg was 8 hours through, Ohio, Kentucky, and spent the night in Knoxville nice downtown area. Average speed was 80 mph, and certain areas took up to 120 mph. The passport 4500 works great picks up all boggy's well in advance, and the speed traps are snooped out quickly.

Day two took us through North Carolina, and we hit Blue Ride Mountain and it was beautiful for a guy from California. The windy roads were great, and the M5 rides like it's on a rail. The car has two personalities mild when cruising which works great, but when you hit sport mode the thing is a killer and will stick your head in the back seat!! Power is not a problem, and it applies itself under the right circumstances.

Idrive options are a piece of cake, and I read the guide and very proficient will ALL the options. All I can say is I love the car, and would no change a thing! I'm happy the oil pump thing is over, and I know you all will have similar stories. I recommend you drive the car two hundred miles non stop, and I will post picture later time to land in NY I have to power down!

Sakhir Orange
Full merino
HUD
20"
Dude, nice pictures and great story. I'm still a couple of weeks out from taking Re-Delivery. So far this is the longest 8 weeks of my life! Sahkir Orange does look pretty awesome in person and I was really torn between MCB, SO, and SBM. In the end I chose Sapphire Black because I really wanted to stay under the radar with my M5 as I am planning on breaking a lot of laws on public roads when I finally get it back. LOL!

I think you have a very interesting combination as well. I see that you didn't get the Executive Package or the Drivers Assistance Package. Very interesting indeed. I'm just glad that you are finally enjoying your M5 after ED. It's been so long for me, I'm starting to feel like ED didn't really happen and it was all just a dream.

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #28
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Dude, nice pictures and great story. I'm still a couple of weeks out from taking Re-Delivery. So far this is the longest 8 weeks of my life! Sahkir Orange does look pretty awesome in person and I was really torn between MCB, SO, and SBM. In the end I chose Sapphire Black because I really wanted to stay under the radar with my M5 as I am planning on breaking a lot of laws on public roads when I finally get it back. LOL!

I think you have a very interesting combination as well. I see that you didn't get the Executive Package or the Drivers Assistance Package. Very interesting indeed. I'm just glad that you are finally enjoying your M5 after ED. It's been so long for me, I'm starting to feel like ED didn't really happen and it was all just a dream.
Thanks for the note, and my second option was MCB just couldn't pull the trigger. I looked at all the options, and honestly I wouldn't use them as they had no value for me. Soft close doors was nice on my old 745i, but over time I can close my own door. The car has more options than I can use, and my 650ci has what I need like the rag top (I had Sapphire BLK too hard to keep clean, but looks great when clean for one day)

Again my opinion this is one great car when you can drive it, and get use to what is was built for to drive. The DCT is wonderful, and I would never own a stick shift again. Heck how can I drink coffee, and check the Iphone
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #29
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Yep all the work was done at the VDC including the black grill! The dealer is finishing the 3M wrap today getting ready for my 800 miles drive, and will hit the blue mountain ridge!
Beautiful! What areas did you have wrapped? I'm trying to decide how far I go with that.

Thx
      10-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #30
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

The hood 1/2, and entire front end/side mirrors. I can say it helped with the 900 miles drive from Michigan to Georgia, and all the crap just cleaned off easy! The above pictures are after a wash and wax.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #31
///M5Bruno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e60 M5

I think this is my new fav color.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #32
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

The color looks even more beautiful in overcast weather like in your last set of photos
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #33
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Thanks the color IMHO it was a home run, and I was very leary at first and was close to changing the color. Going to take it for a spin tonight can't wait to leave work, and pull it out for a spin.
Appreciate 0