M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

F10 M5 KW Suspension from IND Distribution.

KW Automotive is a name synonymous with something more than just suspension performance and excellent handling. For 20 years KW has strived for a level of excellence far beyond the norm among performance suspension manufacturers. KW engineers have consistently invested in the highest levels of training, technology, and equipment, making the company uniquely qualified to manufacture suspension parts for Porsche, AMG, Dodge, and of course the coilovers found on the amazing M3 GTS.

KW’s Fichtenburg, Germany based manufacturing, warehouse, and research facility covers 250,000 square feet of space and houses a 7 post suspension testing stand- 15 7 post test rigs exist in the world today, and are mostly used by 9 of the 12 current Formula 1 teams. KW’s in-house 7 post test rig allows dynamic simulation of road conditions as well as cornering loads, giving KW engineers the major advantage of a computer controlled environment before any real-world suspension testing begins. Additionally, all KW suspension products are also verified at the Nurburgring, Hockenheimring, and in racing events worldwide.

IND is proud to present the new suspension program for the F10 M5. Two types of KW coilover kit for the F10 are already here at IND, awaiting installation:

KW Variant 3

The Variant 3 coilover suspension allows for damping adjustment in compression and rebound for those who wish to achieve a custom tuned level of performance. The V3 coilover uses a mildly progressive rate spring and original BMW upper mounts for an excellent combination of comfortable ride and handling performance. The V3 coilover also come with an EDC delete module that eliminates any errors caused by disconnecting the original BMW EDC dampers. Helper springs are used in the rear to maintain an ideal spring length while maintaining good shock travel in droop, and custom bump stops ensure that the ride is comfortable throughout the shock’s travel in bump. Ride height is of course fully adjustable, to give each M5 the perfect unique look and stance.

KW’s ClubSport coilover are available with two and three way damping adjustment, and IND has elected to import the three way ClubSport coilovers first.

KW ClubSport

The KW ClubSport 3 way is a truly impressive product- KW’s engineers started with the goal of bringing racing shock valving technology to the road, and integrating race winning performance with an OEM-like durability. To that end, the three way adjustable ClubSports include external fluid reservoirs, high speed and low speed compression adjustment, and rebound damping adjustment for an extremely effective shock package, while maintaining the composite perches, stainless steel shock housings, and specially designed shielded spherical bearing upper mounts to maintain an OE level service life. Linear rate main springs and front and rear helper springs maintain an ideal shock travel in bump and droop, which is carefully matched to bump stops of the appropriate length.

All KW suspension is approved for road use by the TUV resulting in a very high level of manufacturing quality and safety.

Please contact an IND representative for more information!
      08-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Great pics guys!

I am sure this will make a lot of F10 M5 guys very happy! The best part, adjust rear ride height won't be so annoying
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
GTR-Dad
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5 - DCT

My 335 rides on KW V3's and I can vouch for the racing pedigree. They made the car ride and handle exactly as I want.

For me, until my M5 becomes a track car, I will have a hard time getting excited about giving up the EDC. I'll be watching for 'Replacement' rather than 'Delete' on this topic.

However, for the pure sports focus, I would buy these in a heartbeat!
Appreciate 0