M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Closed Thread

08-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #45
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550

Work and life have been so stressful lately that my car is my escape. Going for a spirited drive is my ultimate de-stresser.

Few...more...weeks...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #46
jmoto
Rep
Drives: 2013 Singapore Grey M5

My CA just called and told me he was cc'd on an email from the central region distribution manager and the email says they expect carb certification sometime next week. Another member on another forum also provided this information earlier this week from his/her own source.

Hopefully we see cars end of next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #47
emmfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbillon View Post
Work and life have been so stressful lately that my car is my escape. Going for a spirited drive is my ultimate de-stresser.

Few...more...weeks...
Ditto.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #48
M5DDS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 (In Production)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoto
My CA just called and told me he was cc'd on an email from the central region distribution manager and the email says they expect carb certification sometime next week. Another member on another forum also provided this information earlier this week from his/her own source.

That is correct. To verify what the area manager said, I contacted Bill McDuffee of California ARB. He said that the executive order should be signed within a week.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #49
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoto View Post

Dont blast me for this question but:
Once the cars get the CARB cert, dont they still have to leave the port, spend a few days in the VPC, get packaged up and trucked to your dealer, then they have to clean it and do a 1-2 day inservice before they call you and say shes ready to leave the hospital?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #50
dkoren
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 - 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
Dont blast me for this question but:
Once the cars get the CARB cert, dont they still have to leave the port, spend a few days in the VPC, get packaged up and trucked to your dealer, then they have to clean it and do a 1-2 day inservice before they call you and say shes ready to leave the hospital?
I believe they have already been processed through the VPC, but I could be wrong on that. I'd expect the delay after the certification to be shipping time and prep time at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #51
JaSTL
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I think the work at the VPC is already done. I know that the work on mine is done. Additionally, there has been a lot of talk about the cars being setting at the port under the elements. Aren't they wrapped already? From the satellite images of the Baltimore port the cars are all white with wrap. Is this true?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #52
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSTL View Post
I think the work at the VPC is already done. I know that the work on mine is done. Additionally, there has been a lot of talk about the cars being setting at the port under the elements. Aren't they wrapped already? From the satellite images of the Baltimore port the cars are all white with wrap. Is this true?
+1

Yeah my dealer said the VPC finished everything on my car on 8/14. Just waiting for a truck. I am still hoping for delivery next week.

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #53
dkreidel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot of BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post

Its is BMW that is holding our M5s and not the EPA. This is an outrage and we should all demand the release of our car immediately. By the way, the agent told me that BMW has the practice of doing this.
Quote:
Whoever is trying to make it sound that BMW has the right to relase the car anytime they want, I am the customer and I want to cancel the deal. This is a free country. Please let the dealer know that. They are refusing to cancel my car. I have been loyal to BMW for 15 years. This is it.

You make people pay premium to get theirs cars first. This is the difference between APPLE and BMW. You also leave the cars outside for weeks under the weather elements. These cars are already owned. BMW has no right to keep them away form their owners. Apple does not make you do that. BMW through its dealers also blamed the government while it was the one behind the holding of the car. I have been without a car for almost three months.

We demand the release of our cars now.
Uh; unless you've paid for the car and executed the purchase agreement the car is not yet yours; it is BMWNA's car.

Last edited by dkreidel; 08-16-2012 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #54
chudak18
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335, W463 G55

Garage List
All this talk about delay.... Correct me if I'm wrong but its not 9/1 yet is it? Grab a beer folks, kick it back, enjoy the simple things in life. The cars aren't going any where. Everything will come with time.
      08-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #55
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

I think we need a collective "Lighten Up Francis"
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #56
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
I think we need a collective "Lighten Up Francis"

"Any of you h0m0s touch my M5 ... and I'll kill ya."
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7

Last edited by AGS; 08-17-2012 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #57
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post

Any of you homos touch my M5 ... and I'll kill ya.
I am going to do a "dukes of hazzard" slide on your car
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #58
Omar
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

For the person who spoke about CARB and federal law, please know that CARB EO is a state law and not a federal law. Many states have adopted it. Every state has the authority to certify its cars.

In addition, if BMW truely cared about their M customers they could have taken care of these before the M5 reached our shores. This is about customer service. AMG owners at Mercedes have the ability to meet with the executives and express any concerns and their issues are resoved with care. At BMW, as M customer we are speding over $100,000 on a car and we are treated as if we have spent one dollar. No one at BMW could explain the reasons for the delay or give us the courtsey to call and dicuss.

Again, this is not about being impatient getting a toy. Some if us have been without a car for while and commute 40 miles each way every day to work.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #59
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
For the person who spoke about CARB and federal law, please know that CARB EO is a state law and not a federal law. Many states have adopted it. Every state has the authority to certify its cars.

In addition, if BMW truely cared about their M customers they could have taken care of these before the M5 reached our shores. This is about customer service. AMG owners at Mercedes have the ability to meet with the executives and express any concerns and their issues are resoved with care. At BMW, as M customer we are speding over $100,000 on a car and we are treated as if we have spent one dollar. No one at BMW could explain the reasons for the delay or give us the courtsey to call and dicuss.

Again, this is not about being impatient getting a toy. Some if us have been without a car for while and commute 40 miles each way every day to work.
Well every company has their priorities. But AMG has dark ages technology. They don't even have a HUD yet despite the fact that we are half way through 2012 and even GM has had a HUD for several years.

I'd rather BMW stick to the forefront of innovation, then make their engineers available to talk to customers while falling behind the competition like AMG.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #60
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Well every company has their priorities. But AMG has dark ages technology. They don't even have a HUD yet despite the fact that we are half way through 2012 and even GM has had a HUD for several years.

I'd rather BMW stick to the forefront of innovation, then make their engineers available to talk to customers while falling behind the competition like AMG.
Their engineers will be available on 9/4 in Munich to those taking ED
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #61
wolfmobil
Private
Rep
Drives: Horse

Quote:

MB actually pioneered most of the technological advances in the car. Starting by inventing the car itself and going on to independent four wheel suspension, supercharged engines, ABS, ESP etc.

Want a display? Buy a samsung. AMG engines are fantastic. I actually think thatM cars with AMG engines would have been great.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #62
wolfmobil
Private
Rep

Quote:

+1
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #63
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbimmer View Post
MB actually pioneered most of the technological advances in the car. Starting by inventing the car itself and going on to independent four wheel suspension, supercharged engines, ABS, ESP etc.

Want a display? Buy a samsung. AMG engines are fantastic. I actually think thatM cars with AMG engines would have been great.
Well if you are so enamoured by AMG go buy one. There are plenty of CLS63 models on the lot down the street.

Personally I wouldn't touch one. They are junk imo.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #64
wolfmobil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well if you are so enamoured by AMG go buy one. There are plenty of CLS63 models on the lot down the street.

I think you're overreacting. I'm just pointing out that the absence of HUD does not mean AMG has "dark age" technology. Also while I personally not crazy about the looks of CLS, I do think that AMG engines are great. And I'm not alone. Clarkson agrees with me

Also the reason there are "plenty of CLS 63" is because unlike BMW MB brings the cars early and releases them on time to their loyal customers.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #65
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550

Quote:

Biased any? The one thing I'm going to miss about going to M is the AMG exhaust sound. Music to my ears. Not to mention, with their new engines being approximately a liter larger than ours, I believe they are going to have a lot more modding potential. They are lighter weight too. The 458 Italia must be junk since it doesn't have a HUD that even a GM has...

With all that being said, I still chose the M to try out something different. Loyalty is great, but it's nice to explore too
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #66
ucla95
Striker
Rep
Drives: Slow cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbillon View Post
The 458 Italia must be junk since it doesn't have a HUD that even a GM has...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread