M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

01-26-2021, 04:51 AM   #1
Stelios619
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Carbahn stage 2 with Pure turbo upgrade

If there’s already a post about this, someone please shoot me a link.

Otherwise, I haven’t seen anyone give any sort of review on this setup. It’s listed as the “Stage 2” kit from carbahn, which includes....

Included in Stage 2 Power Package kit:
CarBahn Autoworks Stage 3 Performance Engine Software
Pure Stage 1 Turbocharger Upgrade
CSF Intercooler Upgrade
CarBahn Autoworks Booster ECU

Claims of about 750/750 at the flywheel.

I’ve read about people not necessarily being interested in Dinan tunes, but I haven’t read about Dinan tunes with updated Pure turbos.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 10:32 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

I'm not too familiar with Carbahn, what's the incentive in getting the different brands from them instead of buying the mods yourself and asking them to tune the car?

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 05:39 PM   #3
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelios619 View Post
If there’s already a post about this, someone please shoot me a link.

Otherwise, I haven’t seen anyone give any sort of review on this setup. It’s listed as the “Stage 2” kit from carbahn, which includes....

Included in Stage 2 Power Package kit:
CarBahn Autoworks Stage 3 Performance Engine Software
Pure Stage 1 Turbocharger Upgrade
CSF Intercooler Upgrade
CarBahn Autoworks Booster ECU

Claims of about 750/750 at the flywheel.

I’ve read about people not necessarily being interested in Dinan tunes, but I haven’t read about Dinan tunes with updated Pure turbos.

Thanks!
I have a few buddies running Carbahn's software. From my understanding, Carbahn has their own in house software engineers. They have created packages with products from companies that they trust and benefit the specific platform.
Power is smooth and linear. Haven't heard any negative comments
Dinan and Carbahn are 2 different businesses.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 01:41 AM   #4
Stelios619
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
I have a few buddies running Carbahn's software. From my understanding, Carbahn has their own in house software engineers. They have created packages with products from companies that they trust and benefit the specific platform.
Power is smooth and linear. Haven't heard any negative comments
Dinan and Carbahn are 2 different businesses.
I was of the understanding that Steve Dinan is the CEO of Carbahn. I shouldn’t have used the name interchangeably, but I don’t think using them interchangeably is too incredibly off the mark.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 01:45 AM   #5
Stelios619
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I'm not too familiar with Carbahn, what's the incentive in getting the different brands from them instead of buying the mods yourself and asking them to tune the car?
As mentioned just above, Steve Dinan is the CEO of Carbahn. I just figure that the most popular name in BMW tuning has probably put together a decent package, as well as tuning.

Besides, I don’t really have anyone local that I’d trust to do tuning. So having a “canned” tune from Steve Dinan is the next best thing (or, is it?).
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 06:01 PM   #6
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

Correct, Steve is the owner of Carbahn. Offering BMW and other german brand products similar he offered with the Dinan brand. They offer warranty backed products like how Dinan does. I know they also run a successful IMSA race team in their shop. They have software engineers in house developing / testing software with hardware components.
I visited their shop last year before all the covid lockdown happening. Really neat shop and great group of people working there.
I would suggest calling and talking to them about their software tuning options and see if they have what you are looking for
Appreciate 1