BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

10-05-2015, 04:56 AM   #23
flapper
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: 335i

When my local indy told me about this exhaust, I was soon on the phone to my mate to tell him. Still working on getting him to buy one!!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 07:17 AM   #24
MJK1
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2012

I've recently bought the car discussed in this thread. I'm returning it to original so if anyone's interested in the Milltek exhaust please get in touch on 07707628451.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 07:48 AM   #25
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK1 View Post
I've recently bought the car discussed in this thread. I'm returning it to original so if anyone's interested in the Milltek exhaust please get in touch on 07707628451.
Im very interested mate but I cant convince stupid BMW aftermarket warranty to accept this type of modification without killing my entire policy!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #26
beemarman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M850ix Convetible

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbru View Post
Im very interested mate but I cant convince stupid BMW aftermarket warranty to accept this type of modification without killing my entire policy!
Thinking about changing my back box and lowering with some springs but, am worried now.

A lot of people are saying it's not an issues but, some are saying it is. Not really sure who to believe.

What's the point in paying nearly £1200 per year for warranty and then having issues when it comes to claiming?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 04:54 AM   #27
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemarman View Post
Thinking about changing my back box and lowering with some springs but, am worried now.

A lot of people are saying it's not an issues but, some are saying it is. Not really sure who to believe.

What's the point in paying nearly £1200 per year for warranty and then having issues when it comes to claiming?
Its a completely stupid stance by BMW aftermarket warranty which is underwritten by Mondial/Allianz...BMW have said they have nothing to do with their terms and conditions even though Mondial/Allianz are operating under the BMW brand. Ive now been having this fight for over a year on and off and have given up to be honest...Mondial/Allianz wont budge on their stance

bottom line mate is that I have an email from Mondial/Allianz stating that they will void the entire warranty of the car if it has any modifications other than BMW parts....So thats probably it for me

Im sure you can probably find a dealer that is willing to do some warranty work and overlook the modifications but I just cant take that risk because if things start to go wrong with this type of car, it will get very expensive without the warranty

As much as I would want a Miltek or a Turner, I think I will have to wait until I can find a reasonably priced second hand Akropovic/M Performance exhaust as I know that is the only exhaust modification they will accept
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #28
MJK1
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2012

Had some interest in my Milltek exhaust (cat back with titanium tail pipes) but now been let down by the seller of the OEM exhaust I had agreed to buy. I'll still sell the Milltek but it will have to be on an exchange basis for your OEM exhaust. Contact me on 07707 628451 if interested.
Appreciate 0