02-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X5 50,M550i,Tesla, MP4-12c

exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
I saw my local dealer pay far more than 40% of MSRP for a used 2013 6MT. In the end they are going to drop like rocks. Nature of owning cars like these. We know it when we go in and we should enjoy them and dump them when we are ready. LCI likely wont make tremendous difference as most of our depreciation is naturally going to occur in the first two years regardless of changes made. I also don't see how any of this is a surprise. BMW always does this. 2nd to 3rd year models year current model upgrades/changes then a body restyle a couple years later. Perfect sales model. Keeps us reacting exactly like many are here. We upgrade over and over to keep "current".
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #24
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Does anyone know if new squared off angel eyes and LED headlights can be retrofitted? If so what exactly is needed (someone with 7 Series/X5/X6 retrofit experience perhaps)?
As far as I know even basic LCI cars have a somewhat different headlight design, not only the LED package. If so can both of these be retrofitted or only non-LED squared off angel eyes/LED and squared off angel eyes.

There we Go! Problem solved! Free shipping also!

http://www.carid.com/universal-light...ts-326562.html
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #25
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerstar View Post
There we Go! Problem solved! Free shipping also!

http://www.carid.com/universal-light...ts-326562.html
I'm talking about OEM retrofit (being able to put new headlights which emit LED beams AND squared off angel eyes), for example older E60 were compatible with LCI kits but E63 wasn't. LED headlight isn't those little aftermarket diode lights, it's the actual lamp in the headlight which emits light using an LED (Light Emitting Diode). I just really like squared off angel eyes recently, very hopeful it can be retrofitted
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #26
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
There were recent spy shots of an LCI M5. So best guess now it that it comes this summer as well.
I missed that - anyone have a link to that?
      02-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #27
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NlckyBlack View Post
Thats a good deal and right about US Invoice price?
Dealer sold the car at his cost (which I was able to confirm). BMW Financial Services incentives brought the purchase price below dealer cost.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #28
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
I missed that - anyone have a link to that?
http://www.bimmerpost.com/5-series/spyshots/
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #29
InspireSiR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 E92

Quote:
I saw my local dealer pay far more than 40% of MSRP for a used 2013 6MT. In the end they are going to drop like rocks. Nature of owning cars like these. We know it when we go in and we should enjoy them and dump them when we are ready. LCI likely wont make tremendous difference as most of our depreciation is naturally going to occur in the first two years regardless of changes made. I also don't see how any of this is a surprise. BMW always does this. 2nd to 3rd year models year current model upgrades/changes then a body restyle a couple years later. Perfect sales model. Keeps us reacting exactly like many are here. We upgrade over and over to keep "current".
I don't know about you guys, but I got two kids to put through prep school and college (not to mention my own student loans I'm still paying). I can't keep upgrading $100k cars ever 3 years. LOL

That's why I think I'm finally going to take the plunge into this version F10 M5. LCI and last to (supposedly) have a true 6-speed manual. Hoping I won't want another car for 10-15 years hahaha...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #30
mrhonest
Oil pump waitlister
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Frozen Black

I have placed myself on the currently non-existent "list" for the 2014 M5. Dealer showed me build date of July, expected delivery in late Aug. Has absolutely no pricing of option info but expect it be identical to 2013, with possible addition of LED headlights (very likely) and CCB (less likely).
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #31
BuSaad
Rep
Drives: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue BMW M5

Everyday I read something that makes me think "what the hell is BMW doing!" I mean the F10 M5 just made it to the American market,

But then I start the engine and at that moment, I can't care less about the minor changes to come,

Stop worrying about upgrading the lights (if possible) because I'm sure that it will not appreciate the value of your car! All that matters is the year - even if upgrading the lights will increase the value of your car - it'll increase it by less than the amount you'll have to pay to get the upgrade in the first place!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #32
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhonest
I have placed myself on the currently non-existent "list" for the 2014 M5. Dealer showed me build date of July, expected delivery in late Aug. Has absolutely no pricing of option info but expect it be identical to 2013, with possible addition of LED headlights (very likely) and CCB (less likely).
CCB is an option for the MY14 M6 (all models) which begin production in March.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 05:13 AM   #33
smashhell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Does anyone know if new squared off angel eyes and LED headlights can be retrofitted? If so what exactly is needed (someone with 7 Series/X5/X6 retrofit experience perhaps)?
As far as I know even basic LCI cars have a somewhat different headlight design, not only the LED package. If so can both of these be retrofitted or only non-LED squared off angel eyes/LED and squared off angel eyes.

If anyone wonders about current resale value - I asked official BMW trade-in valued my car at 40% of original value that I paid for exactly 1 year ago. Right now it's on 12,000 km (7,400 miles) on mileage. LCI isn't even out yet, I wonder what the value will be after it's out, 20% of original cost? It's already looking like a big middle finger to customers who bought a first year car.
I have 2 points on this:

1) Your car is not worth that little. Why don't you pretend to be a buyer and see if you can buy an M5 for 40% of MSRP. I say its impossible. It's only worth that little if you are stupid enough to sell it for that little. I wish people in this community maintained a little price discipline - we collectively set the market. And posts like yours are not helpful in this regard. If you want to preserve your resale value - stop whining about your car being worthless.

2) I think the new 5 series looks ugly. I'm very seriously considering ordering an M6 GranCoupe now. And if I do I will sell my M5 for 80% of MSRP - I am certain that this is what a 2013 is worth at least in the US. In Europe I would guess a little more.
I agree with Stealth too.
This is not America vs Europe pricing thing.
No one should EVER decide the value of their car by the words of dealer. They are there to make money from ripping people off.
How you can tell the value of your car is from used car market.
In all of America, the cheapest used F10 M5 you can buy is $85k. Which is <5% depreciation over 10k miles.
      02-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #34
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspireSiR View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I got two kids to put through prep school and college (not to mention my own student loans I'm still paying). I can't keep upgrading $100k cars ever 3 years. LOL

That's why I think I'm finally going to take the plunge into this version F10 M5. LCI and last to (supposedly) have a true 6-speed manual. Hoping I won't want another car for 10-15 years hahaha...
Nice, I can't feel your exact pain as our little guy is 8 months but my wife is on my a$$ to finish off the mortgage before interest rates start to climb and I even start to think about another addition to the stable LOL! I was looking at the costs of private school here in Toronto and I will definitely be in your boat in a few years time.

Yes to the MT Btw !!
      02-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #35
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
CCB is an option for the MY14 M6 (all models) which begin production in March.
That's a LCI M5 with carbon ceramic brakes right there too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #36
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

You really cannot rely on the M5 keeping its value.. the valuation you got from BMW FS does not surprise me at all. FYI, take a look at the current market value of 2010 M/Y E60 M5's.. they are now out there with low mileage at 45k.

Basically, if you want a car that holds its value.. then you must go Porsche.
You can buy a Porsche Panamera Turbo or GTS and UPGRADE to the newest model year without loosing a penny. The dealer will simply take it back and get you into the latest model.. every single year, you will be driving the latest model year Porsche.
Or get onto the dealerships "game", and put up your porsche for private sale or dump it at a carmax at the end of every model year - and you will walk away with around $10k or more in your pocket.. go back to Porsche and do it all over again.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #37
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
You can't really use the 2010 M5 as a benchmark for what a 2013 M5 will be worth in 2016 because:
1) change in body shape has a big impact on resale
2) 2010 M5 had a lower MSRP to start with so at 45k those cars are still 50% MSRP. Not bad after 3 years and a body shape change
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #38
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
You really cannot rely on the M5 keeping its value.. the valuation you got from BMW FS does not surprise me at all. FYI, take a look at the current market value of 2010 M/Y E60 M5's.. they are now out there with low mileage at 45k.

You can buy a Porsche Panamera Turbo or GTS and UPGRADE to the newest model year without loosing a penny. The dealer will simply take it back and get you into the latest model.. every single year, you will be driving the latest model year Porsche.
Or get onto the dealerships "game", and put up your porsche for private sale or dump it at a carmax at the end of every model year - and you will walk away with around $10k or more in your pocket.. go back to Porsche and do it all over again.
Not true on the Porsche! I can buy a 2013 5000 miles 10k less than the orginal purchase price, or a new 2012 at invoice in Atlanta. High end cars will always take a beating, when people understand it's a car not a piece of stock. I bought my car to own, and enjoy because I love the brand. I can care less about new lights, and it's worth less than I paid for it. Sorry I just think this argument has no value to hear people complain about a car tbey just dropped 100k on? Either no research, or you purchased the wrong car buyers remorse sucks.

My 2006 650ci still looks new, and it's worth 34k and was 92k new can't complain about
a car I have driven for 7 years. By the way they changed the lights on that one too, it's called get more people interested in your product. Marketing 101 at it's best. Guys enjoy what you have as you own a freaking awesome machine.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #39
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
huh? I've been driving Porsches for a long time, and . . . well . . . huh?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #40
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
AVINCH - Please can you introduce me to your Porsche dealer. I'd like to take him up on this arrangement. I love my M5, but driving a car for only cost of capital is a deal I would not pass up.

I am also in South Florida. PM me your number so we can discuss.

BTW - this dealer is awesome if thats the case, because I just did a quick search and:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=7&Log=0
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=8&Log=0

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 02-28-2013 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #41
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:

Wow, is Porsche really that good with keeping their values? I don't know anything about the Porsche market. Very interesting.

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #42
Seattle135is
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 SL 55 AMg  [0.00]
2007 Porsche 997 Turbo  [0.00]
Quote:

Is it April 1 already?? I owned a few new Porsches over the years and never heard or experienced this practise. Mine took a beating on trade-in just like my other high end trade-ins from BMW; MB and Lexus.
2013 135is - LeMans Blue/Gray
2003 M5 (56k miles) - CB/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #43
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:

Really? Must research this further. If this is indeed the case, I may just move to Porsche in 2 years - GT3 FTW!!!
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #44
Seattle135is
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 SL 55 AMg  [0.00]
2007 Porsche 997 Turbo  [0.00]
[/QUOTE]

I'm not tracking on any changes to the tail-lights? Looks the same to me...
2013 135is - LeMans Blue/Gray
2003 M5 (56k miles) - CB/Black
Appreciate 0