M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #45
Em/1
First Lieutenant
 
Em/1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1M VO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago

Posts: 326
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 Jaguar XJ8  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
2011 VW GTI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 727jbh View Post
Thank you for the great review. The production of my 2013 M5 ended last week and has been released to the carrier and waiting on shipping departure. I chose the Individual Moonstone metallic and was too unsure of the matte finishes after seeing it on the M5 at the LA autoshow and on the 6 Series GC at the Concours d'elegance at Amelia Island and NY autoshow. Thanks again for a great review and you have made my excitement grow 100%!!!! Can't wait!!!!
Don't feel bad about not getting "frozen"; nobody that actually drives their car would want this; even BMW effectively admits that it is impossible to maintain or repair! The notion of the reviewer that he would want it only reflects that he will never actually buy one--it's a great color if the ride is free!! The rest of the review is comparably obsequious and that is coming from someone who liked his E90 and loves his 1M.
Em/1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #46
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South East USA

Posts: 4,631
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
The rest of the review is comparably obsequious and that is coming from someone who liked his E90 and loves his 1M.
You forgot to mention - coming from someone who hasn't driven an F10 M5.
__________________
2014 ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #47
clar
Captain
 
clar's Avatar
 
Drives: M5
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore

Posts: 847
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
Don't feel bad about not getting "frozen"; nobody that actually drives their car would want this; even BMW effectively admits that it is impossible to maintain or repair! The notion of the reviewer that he would want it only reflects that he will never actually buy one--it's a great color if the ride is free!! The rest of the review is comparably obsequious and that is coming from someone who liked his E90 and loves his 1M.
Really? I drive my 2 Frozen Grey E92 M3 and F10 M5 day to day and i can tell u that all the myth about it being impossible to maintain is bull shit. My next M car will still be a frozen grey. I can't speak for other frozen color, but FG is effortless to maintain. Compared to my past glossy type paint colored cars, this one is significantly easier to maintain.
__________________

Current Rides: Frozen Grey F10 M5 DCT
- Frozen Grey E92 M3 Sold
- 458 Speciale on order. ETA Oct 2014
clar is online now   Singapore
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #48
visualguy
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: S5/M5
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
The rest of the review is comparably obsequious and that is coming from someone who liked his E90 and loves his 1M.
The M5 received overwhelmingly positive reviews - it seems to be a genuinely nice car. I think the issues with it are more generic issues with this class or type of car: hard to justify spending so much money on a car; a lot of complexity which is likely to result in headaches and expenses in the future; gas guzzling; high-performance capabilities which are largely wasted on public roads. People in the market for this car obviously aren't bothered much by these types of practical issues, and the M5 satisfies the things that they do care about.
visualguy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #49
amorous
Registered
 
Drives: 2011 deep sea blue x5
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Abu Dhabi

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

frozen grey is absolutely gorgeous
amorous is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #50
NadoCaysM5
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Coronado Cays San Diego

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

The photos look awesome, great review!!
NadoCaysM5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #51
michaelpnett
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 AW E92 M3; 2012 X5M
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: long Island

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Anyone else tired of hearing people refer to the 1M, X5M, and X6M as not true M cars?

These cars are all phenomenal.

I had to listen to a colleague with an S4 explain to me how my X5M was not a true "M" car. I wanted to punch him in the face and then laugh as I left him in the dust.

I had an E92 M3. The X5M is certainly an equal without question.


Sorry for the rant.....
michaelpnett is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #52
CarolinaM5
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelpnett View Post
Anyone else tired of hearing people refer to the 1M, X5M, and X6M as not true M cars?

These cars are all phenomenal.

I had to listen to a colleague with an S4 explain to me how my X5M was not a true "M" car. I wanted to punch him in the face and then laugh as I left him in the dust.

I had an E92 M3. The X5M is certainly an equal without question.


Sorry for the rant.....
Whoever says the X6M ain't a real M car needs to watch this video.....incredible!!!

__________________
__________________________________________
2015 BMW M4 on order, MW/SO
2013 Porsche 911 Turbo S Guards Red
2013 BMW M5, Retired, AW/SO
2012 VW Golf R daily driven Stage II+ APR tune, 370HP
CarolinaM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #53
trancier
New Member
 
Drives: 1M, E92 M3, 991 C2S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
[bpnews="BIMMERPOST Review: 2012 BMW M5 (F10) Short Term Road Test"] [font="Arial"]
The mighty yet rushed 1 Series M Coupe and some M trucks aside, the new M5 is the first true M car to get a turbocharged engine.
This guy lost all credibility with this bs line.
trancier is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #54
Bokke
Captain
 
Bokke's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 / F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 806
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
Really? I drive my 2 Frozen Grey E92 M3 and F10 M5 day to day and i can tell u that all the myth about it being impossible to maintain is bull shit. My next M car will still be a frozen grey. I can't speak for other frozen color, but FG is effortless to maintain. Compared to my past glossy type paint colored cars, this one is significantly easier to maintain.
Could not have said it better....
__________________
09 E90 ///M3 -- Silverstone|Black|Piano Black|Performance Steering Wheel|M-DCT|RAC RG63's|Brembo BBK|Eisenmann Sport-Black|Challenge X-Pipe|RKP CRT Lip|VCF Type II Diffuser|CF OEM Mirror Caps|CF OEM Rear Spoiler|V1|Laser Interceptor // 13 F10 ///M5 - Sakhir Orange|Full Black Marino|Piano Black|Exec Pkg|Driver Assist Pkg|M-DCT|20' BBS FI's|IND Cosmetic Pkg|Akra Evo CF Tips|OEM CF Spoiler|V1|Laser Inter|LCI Grill|RKP Splitter
Bokke is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #55
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South East USA

Posts: 4,631
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaM5 View Post
Whoever says the X6M ain't a real M car needs to watch this video.....incredible!!!

Those look like Hnda taillights. I thought it was an Aura ZDX at first sight.
__________________
2014 ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #56
MakeEmDrool
MD, PhD, and OPP
 
Drives: M3 E92, F10 M5 on zee wei
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

that is quite simply the ugliest thing i have ever seen.

im pretty sure you can strap a rocket engine to a honda civic and make it crazy fast.

way to turn a luxury brand into a douche bag boy racer's wet dream...
MakeEmDrool is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #57
clar
Captain
 
clar's Avatar
 
Drives: M5
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore

Posts: 847
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Those look like Hnda taillights. I thought it was an Aura ZDX at first sight.
I thot it was a Mazda 6 at first
__________________

Current Rides: Frozen Grey F10 M5 DCT
- Frozen Grey E92 M3 Sold
- 458 Speciale on order. ETA Oct 2014
clar is online now   Singapore
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2012, 03:52 AM   #58
Mark Chen
Colonel
 
Mark Chen's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' E93 M3 LMB
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Taipei

Posts: 2,843
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW E93 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Mark Chen
Very nice review!!!Thanks for sharing!
__________________
11' LMB E93 ///M
H&R Sport Springs / 19" BC ST27 Forged Wheel / AP Racing Pro 5000+ BBK / 極緻手工 Exhaust / Arkym Rear Diffuser
Mark Chen is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #59
serge
Captain
 
serge's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ramstein, Germany / Grovetown, GA

Posts: 764
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaM5 View Post
Whoever says the X6M ain't a real M car needs to watch this video.....incredible!!!

What's so incredible? This X6 (at first I thought it was a Mazda6) looks hideous, and the acceleration is just average...
serge is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #60
CarolinaM5
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

hahaha, I didn't say it was the best lookin thing in the world, but the performance is definitely better than a standard X6M, the sound is incredible, better than the standard X6M as well........not crazy about the body kit, but this was put together by Hamaan, so obviously someone paid a boat load to make it look this way so I doubt a boy racer could have afforded to do this unless he was a trust find child....The matte paint gives an interesting look though....
__________________
__________________________________________
2015 BMW M4 on order, MW/SO
2013 Porsche 911 Turbo S Guards Red
2013 BMW M5, Retired, AW/SO
2012 VW Golf R daily driven Stage II+ APR tune, 370HP
CarolinaM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #61
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
 
chillin4now's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 at Home
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Smocation

Posts: 325
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaM5 View Post
hahaha, I didn't say it was the best lookin thing in the world, but the performance is definitely better than a standard X6M, the sound is incredible, better than the standard X6M as well........not crazy about the body kit, but this was put together by Hamaan, so obviously someone paid a boat load to make it look this way so I doubt a boy racer could have afforded to do this unless he was a trust find child....The matte paint gives an interesting look though....
I beleive the best look for that vehicle would be as an anchor for one of the yachts at the bottom of Monaco harbor
chillin4now is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #62
Em/1
First Lieutenant
 
Em/1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1M VO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago

Posts: 326
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 Jaguar XJ8  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
2011 VW GTI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
Really? I drive my 2 Frozen Grey E92 M3 and F10 M5 day to day and i can tell u that all the myth about it being impossible to maintain is bull shit. My next M car will still be a frozen grey. I can't speak for other frozen color, but FG is effortless to maintain. Compared to my past glossy type paint colored cars, this one is significantly easier to maintain.
So based on what BMW says, I take it you have not had bird shit for more than one day or any scratches or chips. I don't personally have room in my garage for a car like that.
Em/1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #63
clar
Captain
 
clar's Avatar
 
Drives: M5
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore

Posts: 847
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
So based on what BMW says, I take it you have not had bird shit for more than one day or any scratches or chips. I don't personally have room in my garage for a car like that.
I have had bird droppings on my car for a few hours, but nothing more than a day. The frozen paint work is actually able to take that better than the glossy paint cos with the latter, u loose shine at the spot, making it very obvious. I have a few paint chips at the front bumper, but that is something no paint job can protect against. The difference between my current FG paint and my past glossy paint is that i no longer need to worry abt water and swirl marks and need not bother myself with polishes cos whatever I used to have to deal with in glossy paint, I no longer have to bother with them now.
__________________

Current Rides: Frozen Grey F10 M5 DCT
- Frozen Grey E92 M3 Sold
- 458 Speciale on order. ETA Oct 2014
clar is online now   Singapore
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #64
Em/1
First Lieutenant
 
Em/1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1M VO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago

Posts: 326
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 Jaguar XJ8  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
2011 VW GTI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
I have had bird droppings on my car for a few hours, but nothing more than a day. The frozen paint work is actually able to take that better than the glossy paint cos with the latter, u loose shine at the spot, making it very obvious. I have a few paint chips at the front bumper, but that is something no paint job can protect against. The difference between my current FG paint and my past glossy paint is that i no longer need to worry abt water and swirl marks and need not bother myself with polishes cos whatever I used to have to deal with in glossy paint, I no longer have to bother with them now.
You make a pretty good (and experienced) case!
Em/1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #65
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,538
iTrader: (0)

awesome review, south!
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST