BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
DanyoM5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X65.0 z435is. F10 M5 on ord

Fun was stopped

I have owned many BMWs and currently love my new M5. It's just what I wanted, fast, comfortable, all the luxury with all the power....and now my fun was just stopped due to an oil pump. This just sucks but as a loyal guy...I hope they do the right thing....I bought mine. No lease...so I need something other than just a payment etc. I would like to see the option to trade out to a 14 when they come out for a reasonable trade in. Or an option to trade to any other series. My main worry is this will hurt residual value because the 13 will have a stigma associated to it. I will only drive it for 2 years max. So resale value is key to me. Most of time that is one of the great values of an M car. I also would hope they hook us up with great loaners. I have a great dealer, so I know they will do their best but this is a BMW NA issue. Car has been out for 2 years in Europe, so this should have been worked out. Oil pump supplier will end up paying for this...So BMW will lose my business long term if they don't make this right.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
sonorman
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 F10 Black/Black

Well put my friend. Take a look at Porsche if you want good resale, performance, and reliability!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
racer10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorman
Well put my friend. Take a look at Porsche if you want good resale, performance, and reliability!
I have had two 997 ,911's and they are great cars but totally different than an M5 . I don't have any experience with a Panamera because I couldn't get past it's look.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
MasterDank
Boats & Hoes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5 Sakhir Orang,Chohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer10 View Post
I have had two 997 ,911's and they are great cars but totally different than an M5 . I don't have any experience with a Panamera because I couldn't get past it's look.
I feel Ya... About the Panamera... not good.....

Hope you get this worked out... Im hoping that my C772895 is really not effected by this.. Cause Im in love!!

Aloha
Alex
Appreciate 0