Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Sold!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
No longer available!

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 03-06-2017 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 10:33 PM   #2
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

The diffuser you sold me was a POS. Where did you get it? I hope these headlights don't come from the same place.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 11:26 PM   #3
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouseWon View Post
The diffuser you sold me was a POS. Where did you get it? I hope these headlights don't come from the same place.
You met me in person, saw the diffuser first hand, and we test fitted it. You were satisfied with the condition and the fitment so you bought it and drove off. Don't know what else you could have wanted.

Instead, you choose to make childish sly remarks on my threads. Grow up.

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 02-18-2017 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 3
      02-18-2017, 11:49 PM   #4
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep

Caveat Emptor.

Seeing it in person and quickly installing and uninstalling is useless if the part is a cheap ebay replica and the buyer assumes the part is legit and from a trustworthy source (you gave me story about RW Carbon sending you an additional diffuser, the one installed on your car). The tabs wouldn't stay in place for more than 5 minutes and nearly fell off on a normal drive. Fortunately, it was a cheap purchase and might still be useful after having it worked on by an auto body shop.

As I said, I hope the tail lights you're peddling aren't from the same place you got the diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 11:55 PM   #5
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Caveat Emptor.

Seeing it in person and quickly installing and uninstalling is useless if the part is a cheap ebay replica and the buyer assumes the part is legit and from a trustworthy source (you gave me story about RW Carbon sending you an additional diffuser, the one installed on your car). The tabs wouldn't stay in place for more than 5 minutes and nearly fell off on a normal drive. Fortunately, it was a cheap purchase and might still be useful after having it worked on by an auto body shop.

As I said, I hope the tail lights you're peddling aren't from the same place you got the diffuser.
If you did your research on the diffuser you were buying: the one I sold you is from RW Carbon. RW Carbon sells eBay and a bunch of other off brand products.

RW Carbon buys items from eBay vendors and verifies fitment and resells them for a profit. They just do the leg work of fitment verification and they also produce replica products.

You assumed RW Carbon was on the same level as Vorsteiner and 3D Design? No, RW Carbon is a vendor, not a brand.

I have the same diffuser installed (which you seen). If you weren't satisfied I don't know why you said you were and I don't know why you made the purchase...it does not make any sense.

Here you go: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1193333

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 02-19-2017 at 12:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 12:09 AM   #6
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep

You said the fitment was oem so I took it at face value. Either way, it doesn't work.... No big deal, man. It's $500.

Whether you knew the tabs were defective is not the issue, it's your source that is questionable. The diffuser fits as long as the car is parked. Once there is vibration or wind, a few tabs pop off. It's a POS. There is nothing childish about telling the truth, I'm simply looking out for fellow M5 enthusiasts. Don't take it personal, your source is selling you cheap replicas.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 12:14 AM   #7
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep

Quote:
You said the fitment was oem so I took it at face value. Either way, it doesn't work.... No big deal, man. It's $500.

Whether you knew the tabs were defective is not the issue, it's your source that is questionable. The diffuser fits as long as the car is parked. Once there is vibration or wind, a few tabs pop off. It's a POS. There is nothing childish about telling the truth, I'm simply looking out for fellow M5 enthusiasts. Don't take it personal, your source is selling you cheap replicas.
I don't think you comprehend what I'm saying. I specifically told you it was a RW Carbon Diffuser.

YOU were the one that was under the assumption that RW Carbon was some ultra-trustworthy source.

RW Carbon was banned from all these forums because they were known for selling cheap replicas.

Which is why I made it known MULTIPLE times that it was a RW Carbon Diffuser. So you would know who and where it came from. It's not my fault that you didn't research what you were getting when I gave you all the information necessary to do so.

We took that diffuser brand new out of the box when we met up, it fit right up to the bumper with no issues, you even wiggled it around. Whose to say you didn't damage the tabs trying to install it on your car. We met in person, did a test fit, and you were 100% satisfied. I did everything I could do as a seller to make the transaction transparent as possible.

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 02-19-2017 at 12:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #8
F10M5SoccerDad
Private
Rep
Drives: AW F10 M5

Hmm might be best to stay clear of this one.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 12:13 AM   #9
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10M5SoccerDad View Post
Hmm might be best to stay clear of this one.
Don't fret, I'm an active member of the F10 Crew car group here in Southern California and have many people that know me and my credibility. To caveat, I've sold many items throughout 5post locally and across the board with no issues. This buyer NEVER contacted me about anything, he had my number. No phone call, no text, or no private message, he just posts ignorant comments on my threads out of pure animosity with clear intentions to attempt to discredit my reputation. Which is absurd, pointless, and clearly unprofessional because he knows that he seen the item he was purchasing in person and was completely satisfied with its overall conditions(as stated above, we even test fitted the item). 4 MONTHS after the purchase, he complains about it.

Just to reiterate to anyone interested:

I'm not shipping these lights, if you want to see them post here or message me and we can meet up. They are Genuine European BMW Whiteline Taillights (I have receipts). Hell, we can even meet up at a BMW here in SD and they can verify it. I'm transparent with all my transactions and have nothing to hide.

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 02-20-2017 at 01:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2017, 01:26 AM   #10
F10M5SoccerDad
Private
Rep
Drives: AW F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVSRFR View Post
Don't fret, I'm an active member of the F10 Crew car group here in Southern California and have many people that know me and my credibility. To caveat, I've sold many items throughout 5post locally and across the board with no issues. This buyer NEVER contacted me about anything, he had my number. No phone call, no text, or no private message, he just posts ignorant comments on my threads. Because he knows that he seen the item he was purchasing in person and was completely satisfied with its overall conditions(as stated above, we even test fitted the item). 4 MONTHS after the purchase, he complains about it.

Just to reiterate to anyone interested:

I'm not shipping these lights, if you want to see them post here or message me and we can meet up. They are Genuine European BMW Whiteline Taillights (I have receipts). Hell, we can even meet up at a BMW here in SD and they can verify it. I'm transparent with all my transactions and have nothing to hide.
GLWS.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 10:47 AM   #11
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep

I'm sorry you took offense to my feedback, but that's what these boards are for. Honestly, I forgot about the whole thing until I saw your recent post. The diffuser is sitting in my garage collecting dust. I didn't complain to you, I didn't ask for a refund, and I didn't come on here bashing you after I installed them. I'm also not saying you ripped me off. I took a loss, and that was that.

The facts are not in dispute either. You are correct that I had time to inspect carefully, but I took your word on them fitting like OEM (they're far from OEM). You say they are RW Carbon but the diffuser has no label or logo on it and there was no receipt or box. It could easily be any cheap replica...who knows. I'm not asking for my money back, I might even have it installed by a shop that works with CF. Again, it's not a big deal...this was just feedback.

Telling me to grow up, calling me childish, and unprofessional tells these boards more about you and your products than it does about me. Just fyi. If you don't like feedback, don't sell parts. There is always a risk someone will be unsatisfied no matter what you do...that's just life.

Last edited by TheHouseWon; 02-20-2017 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #12
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep

Quote:
I'm sorry you took offense to my feedback, but that's what these boards are for. Honestly, I forgot about the whole thing until I saw your recent post. The diffuser is sitting in my garage collecting dust. I didn't complain to you, I didn't ask for a refund, and I didn't come on here bashing you after I installed them. I'm also not saying you ripped me off. I took a loss, and that was that.

The facts are not in dispute either. You are correct that I had time to inspect carefully, but I took your word on them fitting like OEM (they're far from OEM). You say they are RW Carbon but the diffuser has no label or logo on it and there was no receipt or box. It could easily be any cheap replica...who knows. I'm not asking for my money back, I might even have it installed by a shop that works with CF. Again, it's not a big deal...this was just feedback.

Telling me to grow up, calling me childish, and unprofessional tells these boards more about you and your products than it does about me. Just fyi. If you don't like feedback, don't sell parts. There is always a risk someone will be unsatisfied no matter what you do...that's just life.
The irony in your post.

I'm not offended one bit, being a Marine, it would take much more to do that. Nor was I bashing you, I was just giving you proper buyer feedback in return.

The fact is that RW Carbon isn't a brand, per se. The diffuser is a "cheap replica" because that's WHAT RW CARBON IS. They make replica performance parts, or purchase them, and sell them cheap enough for a decent profit. Which is why there isn't a label or logo on it, it's a china made diffuser that RW Carbon produces that is a replica of other name brand products.

You were expecting $1800 Vorsteiner, Agency Power, or 3D design quality in a $500 diffuser. Even those brands come with fitment issues time to time. That's just the nature of putting time and money into aftermarket products.

This whole situation is not a big deal, and I'm content with your buyer feedback. Just putting the whole situation in the limelight compared to the original biased statement.

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 02-20-2017 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 06:10 PM   #13
brandonwuwux3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 m3cs

I don't see anything wrong with OP. If anything the other people just make themselves look bad lol GLWS
      02-22-2017, 04:55 PM   #14
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVSRFR View Post
You met me in person, saw the diffuser first hand, and we test fitted it. You were satisfied with the condition and the fitment so you bought it and drove off. Don't know what else you could have wanted.

Instead, you choose to make childish sly remarks on my threads. Grow up.
lol
      02-23-2017, 11:22 PM   #15
MSIXCARBON
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Competition

Free bump for you. Sounds like you couldn't have done anything more for the person that bought your diffuser. Thats why I stay clear of paypal now. People can have your item for 3 months and file bs chargebacks on the 89th day.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 11:31 PM   #16
Brandon818
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is, 2018 M5, 2003 M3,

Garage List
2022 Mexico Blau M ...  [0.00]
2003 Bmw M3  [0.00]
2018 Bmw M5  [0.00]
2012 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Are these oem Bmw lights or replicas ?
has anybody done a comparison of the replicas whiteline lights vs oem ?

Thanks
      03-06-2017, 10:40 AM   #17
LI-M5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

idk bout replica but i have these in oem and tinted the tail light section and left the blinkers white they look sexxxy
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 08:38 PM   #18
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I'm interested but not after reading about the diffuser 'issue'.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #19
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy1616 View Post
Lol. No worries. These are no longer available and as I said above, I wouldn't have shipped them.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 12:19 AM   #20
sdshah
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 | Panamera GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy1616 View Post
Then why even post? To post some dumb emoji to make you feel cool?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 05:49 AM   #21
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Very, very, very cool indeed
Appreciate 0