M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

04-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Arrow Official: Summer Weight Loss Thread

it's that time of the year again. it shot up to 78 degrees here in NY and summer is really closing near and i really need to lose some weight . here is my current stats and plan which i need to hop on starting next week .

Current/Healthy/Goal: 190/160/160-170
Start: 4/21/08
Supplements: Xyience Xelerate, Lipodrene W/ Ephedra, Fish Oil, Calcium/ Vitadmin D, protein powder, fiber pill
Intake: lots of water, 2 bannana a day, yogurt, protein (chicken/beef), and a lil salad
Workout: stairs, bike, running, suicides with a light mix of weights and hit up raquetball again once i get cardio back up a bit haha. hit up sauna and steam room for a bit too. finish off with ice bath don't forget the much needed 8+ hours of sleep.

Last edited by hl0m4n; 04-17-2008 at 09:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Oregano123
Banned.....j/k
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 535xi, '11 Panamera

im on board...

Current/Healthy/Goal: 210/160/160-170
Start: 4/18/08
Supplements: Centrum Performance, Flax Seed Capsules, Fiber Pill
Intake: lots of water, wheatgrass, tuna, Muscle Milk Lite for dinner, and a few Powerbars, Carrot juice
Workout: sleep more, medicine ball core workouts, planches, running

i have a lot of muscle so thats why im so heavy. even if it hit 180 instead of 160 i'd be fine.
      04-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Current/Healthy/Goal: 165 / 150/ 145-150
Supplements: Muscle Milk Light, Tonalin CLA
Intake: Water, Fruit, Vegetables, Cereal, Salad, Grilled Chicken, Protein Bars
Workout: Bowflex Xtreme 2, Treadmil, Free Weights
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Current/Healthy/Goal: 145/155/160~170
Start: 4/1/08
Supplements: nothing atm...clueless :/
Intake: lots of water, protein (chicken/beef), and salads
Workout: stairs, running, pump anything with Fe on it.

Fast metabolism ftl.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #5
stumpy221
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi sedan

Im in

Current/Healthy/Goal: 160/135-145/140
Supplements: Xyience Xelerate, Nox, XNGF
Intake: water, Almonds, granola, steamed chicken/fish, rice cakes and PB
Workout: Jogging, free-weights, bag work, cycling, pull-ups, core work, resistance training
Get out and drive
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
it's that time of the year again. it shot up to 78 degrees here in NY and summer is really closing near and i really need to lose some weight . here is my current stats and plan which i need to hop on starting next week .

Current/Healthy/Goal: 190/160/160-170
Supplements: Xyience Xelerate, Lipodrene W/ Ephedra, Fish Oil, Calcium/ Vitadmin D
Intake: lots of water, 2 bannana a day, yogurt, protein (chicken/beef), and a lil salad
Workout: stairs, bike, running, suicide with a light mix of weights and hit up raquetball again once i get cardio back up a bit haha.
Bananas have quite a bit of sugar in them. You should limit it to one a day. And add an Orange in there to get Vitamin C.

You also need veggies. More veggies than fruit since you want little sugar.

I personally think the pills are crap. You need to train your body to lose weight naturally, not with helpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzporter View Post
Current/Healthy/Goal: 165 / 150/ 145-150
Supplements: Muscle Milk Light, Tonalin CLA
Intake: Water, Fruit, Vegetables, Cereal, Salad, Grilled Chicken, Protein Bars
Workout: Bowflex Xtreme 2, Treadmil, Free Weights
Best diet I see so far. Although the protein bars aren't that great for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
jdink
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
Current/Healthy/Goal: 145/155/160~170
Supplements: nothing atm...clueless :/
Intake: lots of water, protein (chicken/beef), and salads
Workout: stairs, running, pump anything with Fe on it.

Fast metabolism ftl.
cardio = not helping you gain weight
take in more calories. and by more, i mean like 1-2 k more calories a day
      04-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #8
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdink View Post
I was just about to say the same thing. No way with that diet would he gain weight. I should know, when I was younger, I couldnt gain weight to save my life. You NEED more calories.
      04-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Current/Healthy/Goal: 185/Healthy?/175
Start: summer
Supplements: Vitamin E, Vitamin D, ON Whey, Fiber-psyll
Intake: Water, Vegetables, Lean Meats, Fish, Almonds
Workout: Bicep/Tricep, Shoulders/Legs, Upperback, Lowerback/Legs, Bench. Biking everyday, Cardio everyday, & on occasion bike sessions with friends.

I don't really know whats a healthy weight for me. I've been 170 before, but I don't really care too much about weight. I can drop it pretty easily when I pick up my two workouts a day.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

pills are a shortcut. you can go naturally or use them. as long as you know what your doing with them don't od, abuse, etc them i see no reason why you can't use them. everybody will react differently to supplements as well and for me the xyience and lipodrene works great.

and the banannas are there to get rid of the ephedra i do drink orange juice twice a day too morning and mid afternoon.
      04-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #11
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
I personally think the pills are crap. You need to train your body to lose weight naturally, not with helpers.
+1 Pills aren't as good as natural loss/gain. I would just stick to diets and working out.

Current/Healthy/Goal: 195/Healthy?/200 (so I can get into the Clydsdale class)
Start: Lifting 5 years ago, Run/Swim/Bike 2 months ago
Supplements: Men's one-a-day (vitamins & such)
Intake: Water, Vegetables, Meats (mostly Turkey and Chicken) and a lot of Pasta
Workout:
Monday/Thursday - Bench, Triceps, Shoulders, Abs, run 5K
Tuesday/Friday - Biceps, Back, light Legs, Abs, run 5K
Wednesday - Swim 1,500 yards, Run 5K
Saturday - Swim 1,500 yards, Bike 30-50 miles.
Sunday - Rest
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #12
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
pills are a shortcut. you can go naturally or use them. as long as you know what your doing with them don't od, abuse, etc them i see no reason why you can't use them. everybody will react differently to supplements as well and for me the xyience and lipodrene works great.

and the banannas are there to get rid of the ephedra i do drink orange juice twice a day too morning and mid afternoon.
i've done all types of diets... alot of pills are just caffeine pills... but yeah you don't want to take pills cause in the end your body gets used to them and you have to take more, plus some of that herbal shit is really bad for your body.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #13
matt.love84
xXx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90.

maybe I'm the only one trying to gain weight.

I'm currently pushing 181, at 6'1".

2 more months of putting on muscle mass, then a month of cutting and I should be at a solid 195 with a relatively low body fat percentage.

my goal for 7/1 is this: (and yes I have a personal trainer, and my diet has been worked through like no other)

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #14
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdink View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
I was just about to say the same thing. No way with that diet would he gain weight. I should know, when I was younger, I couldnt gain weight to save my life. You NEED more calories.
i mean i eat a lot except fats
eat + exercies => build muscles => gain weights no?
guide me into right direction...

i mean i eat whatever meat and salad...i pretty much eat everything...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #15
matt.love84
xXx
United_States
Rep

Quote:

In order to build muscle you need to have a caloric intake surpless.. you WILL gain a small percentage of body fat.. it just happens, but you'll also fill out and pack on the muscle. This is what I'm currently doing.

IF you looking to put on muscle, there's tons of ways to do so.. I currently work out 6 days a week and on Sunday or whatever OFF day I may have I do a session of HIIT (high intensity interval training) cardio just to keep the vascular system flowing.. once I start cutting (june) that's when I'll bump the cardio up to 3 times a week, lift 5 and take in 500 calories less then maintenance.

IF You want to safely loose body fat without sacrificing muscle (as much) you'll want to find your calorie maintenance intake (take your weight, times it by 15 ### X 15 = ###.. that's the amount of calories your body burns throughout the day doing nothing. You would then subtract 500 from that number and that would be a good deficit to loose a good 2-3 pounds a week with some simple cardio each day.

Also, if you're putting on weight/mass/muscle. you dont want to fully stay away from "fat".. I still take in a bit (avacados, almonds, fatty fish, etc..).. it's needed.

Basically my diet goes like this:

8am (oatmeal, protein shake, eggs)

10am (protein shake)

11am (workout)

12:30pm (cyto gainer shake, a good mix of complex carbs and protein)

2:30pm tuna/chicken/any other fish, greens, almonds, etc.

4:30pm (protein shake)

6:30pm chicken/steak/lean beef, etc. greens, etc..

8:30pm (protein shake)

repeat repeat repeat..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #16
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:

This is the issue. You guys need to stop looking at weight and look at body fat. Unless of course you don't want any muscle, which seems silly.

Working out will build muscle, the more muscle you have, the more calories your body will use to maintain that muscle. So while you may gain muscle weight, you'll lose even more body fat.

Do yourselves a favor and go get a scale that will measure body fat and stop watching your weight. Start watching your body fat and try that again.

Use me for an example. Now, I am definitely overweight right now, I've gotten lazy recently and packed quite a bit on. I'm 5' 11" or so, and weigh 230. Now, while I call myself fat, it's because I have the beer belly, but I'm really not that bad. You definitely wouldn't say I was fat if you saw me. I could probably drop to 180-190 or so and be perfectly healthy, because I have a lot of muscle. If I just went by weight, people would say that at 5'11" I should be like what, 150? 160? That wouldn't be possible for me without either being 0% body fat or losing muscle, it's just not a realistic or smart goal, nor is it desired.

Anyway, I'm gonna start kicking my own ass too. I have a problem of having a very unhealthy lifestyle, eating out at lunch every day, not eating breakfast, not exercising enough, etc.
      04-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #17
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

man easiest way... get fat, lift hard, cut weight, perfection! lols

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #18
matt.love84
xXx
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
This is the issue. You guys need to stop looking at weight and look at body fat. Unless of course you don't want any muscle, which seems silly.

Working out will build muscle, the more muscle you have, the more calories your body will use to maintain that muscle. So while you may gain muscle weight, you'll lose even more body fat.

Do yourselves a favor and go get a scale that will measure body fat and stop watching your weight. Start watching your body fat and try that again.

Use me for an example. Now, I am definitely overweight right now, I've gotten lazy recently and packed quite a bit on. I'm 5' 11" or so, and weigh 230. Now, while I call myself fat, it's because I have the beer belly, but I'm really not that bad. You definitely wouldn't say I was fat if you saw me. I could probably drop to 180-190 or so and be perfectly healthy, because I have a lot of muscle. If I just went by weight, people would say that at 5'11" I should be like what, 150? 160? That wouldn't be possible for me without either being 0% body fat or losing muscle, it's just not a realistic or smart goal, nor is it desired.

Anyway, I'm gonna start kicking my own ass too. I have a problem of having a very unhealthy lifestyle, eating out at lunch every day, not eating breakfast, not exercising enough, etc.

exactly. "it's not about pounds, it's about inches"
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #19
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post

lol. yes cause we can do that whenever we want. your right on body fat percentage but i think what we're doing is just generalzing where we want to be at in terms of weight. i think its fair to say that anybody who wishes to be a certain weight wants to retain muscle mass while decreasing in weight in terms of fat... which would then mean a decrease in fat percentage...

that may not be a clear goal to you as its not a specific "i want to have a body fat percentage of 10%" but for the general population its fine.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #20
matt.love84
xXx
United_States
Rep

typically the average male is 15-19% body fat..

but nobody wants to be "skinny fat".. haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #21
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt.love84 View Post
typically the average male is 15-19% body fat..

but nobody wants to be "skinny fat".. haha.
i made a reference to 10% body fat as an example of a clearcut goal.

if nobody wants to be skinny fat then isnt it obvious that they want to retain muscle while being less fat/have a lower body fat percentage?

which goes back to what the guy said above... about goals. they have goals... its just not a specific percentage... its an image more than a number

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #22
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Current/Healthy/Goal: 190/170/160-170
Supplements: Xyience Xelerate, Lipodrene W/ Ephedra, Fish Oil, Calcium/ Vitadmin D, protein powder, fiber pill
Workout: stairs, bike, running, suicides with a light mix of weights and hit up raquetball again once i get cardio back up a bit haha. hit up sauna and steam room for a bit too. finish off with ice bath don't forget the much needed 8+ hours of sleep.
Current/Healthy/Goal: 205/160/170(go to 160, gain 10lbs of muscle)
Supplements: Centrum Sport, Casteroil, omega-3-fatty acids (more fish oil), flax pills
Intake: 2L of water, tuna sandwiches (whole wheat bread), turkey pastrami sandwiches, casava and saltfish, fried patatoes twice a week, sushi. Eating 3 times a day, 1st @ 8, 2nd @ 2, 3rd @ 5. No eating after 6pm.
Workout: start with 1hour of elliptical @ lvl 80 intensity (burn 900 calories in 1 hour). stretch. leg extension @ 130lbs, leg curls @ 150lbs, assisted pull ups @ counter weight 80. rest for 20 minutes, consume grapefruit juice in between (really good for natural energy). 20 minutes of elliptical @ lvl 95 intensity (goal: burn 350 calories). various arm exercises.

i have a table on excell that i use to track my weight. right now im 181/182

good luck to everyone! i hope i reach where i want in 2 months lol

Last edited by Kiemyster; 05-08-2008 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0