M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp - MBB/BLK

New Car Tire & Wheel Insurance

A few points I learned from my dealer that might help guys taking delivery of new M5's soon... This is my dealers opinion so who knows if this is true everywhere...

1. BMW Wheel & Tire Ins now requires a ded and is much more expensive than competitors.
2. Dealer suggested and sold me the Allstate insurance; no deductible, less expensive to buy, and THEY say much easier to deal with than BMW is anymore. They claim the Allstate is a superior product at the moment.

And check this out.. I picked up a screw my first week with the new car (as in hardware, not a hooker). Brought the car in for a tire repair... Service Rep tells me they are going to call Pirelli... So they do and Pirelli replaces the tire at no charge with no questions under warranty! No insurance involved. I drive away with a smile.

They tell me Pirelli is the best company they deal with, and combined with Allstate insurance, I am good to go (even though the PZero is inferior to the Michelin it seems!)

Just some good info for you to feast on during your decision process; I hope it helps!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
SSM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Big Mistake. Allstate will only repair the tire if it can be repaired. BMW will replace it. I had a nail at 800 miles and my SA had a new tire on right away. He told me they never patch M cars. You will lose the Tire's speed rating if the puncture is deep and you patch it.

2023 M5 Comp Skyscraper Grey,Executive Pack, Drivers Assistance, B&W, 789's.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM5 View Post
Big Mistake. Allstate will only repair the tire if it can be repaired. BMW will replace it. I had a nail at 800 miles and my SA had a new tire on right away. He told me they never patch M cars. You will lose the Tire's speed rating if the puncture is deep and you patch it.
I have plugged all my Mcars, and now Pcar never a problem as long as it's not a sidewall which can't be repaired.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp - MBB/BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM5 View Post
I bet you are in for a surprise. BMW will only replace a non-runflat tire if its at the "ends" of the tire (sidewall from any angle). Do you have a deductible? When did you buy your insurance? I ask because things have changed in the past month or two.

And I also said this might not apply to all areas of the country. I would hardly say the Allstate was a "big mistake".
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
SSM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Mine is from Safeguard, who handles The BMW Tire & Wheel. Mine has also has coverage for windshield repairs for pitting and replacement, as well as Paintless Dent Removal, all with no deductible. The nail I had barely punctured the tire right in the middle of the tread, my SA said no problem they never patch M cars, only replace. I do a few high speed driving events each year, and need that speed rating intact for safety !

2023 M5 Comp Skyscraper Grey,Executive Pack, Drivers Assistance, B&W, 789's.
Appreciate 0