BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-07-2014, 06:23 AM   #89
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Ouch. Is this the norm with Ring Taxis that they think they have priority on track?. Didn't another one hold up the M3 GTS the entire time during a full out assault?

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #90
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreM5lin View Post
Taking ED of M5 now and did a lap on the Ring the same morning. As we finished the lap around 09:45am, we stopped off at the souvenir shop to get some stuff for the kids, and just happened to take these pics of cars lining up for ring....

@ufgtrs2007 - like the others said, just run it for fun and not to impress or for time. I got a bit worried reading about the things that could happen but decide to do a lap. The wife and 9, 7, & 4 years old all rode in the car for the lap. Everyone agreed it was better than any roller coaster they've been on.
I think that's the thing that all 911 enthusiasts forget. You can't take a wife a 9, 7, and 4 year old on a lap on the Nurburgring with a 911 all at the same time. I have always called the M5 a personal roller coaster.

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #91
JB135MDCT
I'm just a cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Classic driver error and some dinosaur reaction on the brakes.

Was this driver hired by BMW?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #92
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Just watched Jessi Lang's account of her crash on the Autobahn and her recovery, it is very sad. It really is best to be safe and stay in one piece at the end of any day.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #93
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
Just watched Jessi Lang's account of her crash on the Autobahn and her recovery, it is very sad. It really is best to be safe and stay in one piece at the end of any day.
Yup, I watched her video account last week. I've driving that road she crashed that ABT R8 on... its no place to really drive fast on, even though it was in a no speed limit zone - on a Bundesstraße. Her accident happend near Nürnberg(near Roth on the B2 Bundesstraße) not anywhere near Nürburgring some 400kms away!

IF you look on YouTube on the video comments... you will see my post about the "Yellow Autobahns" where it is a Bundesstraße, but that section had no speed limit. Just bc there is no speed limit doesn't mean its safe to drive that fast. You always have to think of what "might happen" for the road conditions.

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Nurem...62!2d50.334098

Jessi Lang's story...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #94
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Yup, I watched her video account last week. I've driving that road she crashed that ABT R8 on... its no place to really drive fast on, even though it was in a no speed limit zone - on a Bundesstraße. Her accident happend near Nürnberg(near Roth on the B2 Bundesstraße) not anywhere near Nürburgring some 400kms away!

IF you look on YouTube on the video comments... you will see my post about the "Yellow Autobahns" where it is a Bundesstraße, but that section had no speed limit. Just bc there is no speed limit doesn't mean its safe to drive that fast. You always have to think of what "might happen" for the road conditions.
Many years back I have traveled through similar roads, the absence of speed limit on those probably has to do with sparse traffic(at least back then), and the implied self-discipline on reasonable speeds. The one really sad thing is that the presence of a co-pilot, who presumably should be familiar with those terrains, did not avert the accident ....
Appreciate 0