12-09-2016, 11:33 AM   #1
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Free BMW Car Control School Offer

Anyone else get an email from BMW USA with this offer?

I got this email yesterday:

Quote:
Dear GNALUZU,

Do you want to find out if your driving skills match the elite vehicle you drive? Enroll in a class at the BMW Performance Driving School in Spartanburg, South Carolina or the greater Palm Springs area in Thermal, California.

At either location, you’ll be instructed by BMW certified trainers – some are championship racecar drivers – who will get you out on the track in a pulse-pounding BMW. This is a chance to sharpen your reflexes on our wet Skid Pad, improve your hand-eye coordination on the Slalom course, finesse your agility on the Autocross track, and push a BMW to breathtaking limits of performance and handling.

Because you are such a loyal BMW customer, we invite you to enjoy a one day car control school free of charge.* To sign up for this offer and book your trip, please call us at 1 866 744 4BMW.

Find out what a BMW is capable of, in the world’s most thrilling classroom.
In the very fine print it says...

Quote:
Offer is only available to current, original owners of a new BMW, who have owned two or more BMWs. Offer valid for one year after delivery date of your new BMW. A Performance Driving School Course may be taken later, but must be booked before the 12 month window ends. Offer applies to a one-day car control course. Limit one class per vehicle. Approximate market value ($775) subject to change without prior notice. Value may be applied to any other BMW Performance Driving School class. Excludes airfare, incidental costs, meals and additional charges. Offer is non-transferable.
I looked at the school and the car control clinic is not really something I'm interested. Actually, the Advanced M School is the only program I would do, but they say that you must do the 2 Day M School first. I wonder if I could get that waived since I've done Skip Barber, Derek Daly, Boss302 2 Day Track Attack, Audi R8 School, Bondurant Advanced Program, etc.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Would you be able to pass this offer to another person that has also bought two or more BMWs? I had purchased 2 new M cars and one use M car but never received such an offer yet.
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #3
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

I was curious and called that phone number which is the Performance Driving School. The lady I talked to told me you have to have purchased a BMW in the 2016 calendar year, and also previously owned another BMW to qualify. I didn't ask, but got the impression you didn't need to receive an offer, just call if you're eligible.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 02:36 PM   #4
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Anyone else get an email from BMW USA with this offer?

I got this email yesterday:

In the very fine print it says...

I looked at the school and the car control clinic is not really something I'm interested. Actually, the Advanced M School is the only program I would do, but they say that you must do the 2 Day M School first. I wonder if I could get that waived since I've done Skip Barber, Derek Daly, Boss302 2 Day Track Attack, Audi R8 School, Bondurant Advanced Program, etc.
Usually they will credit the value towards whichever program you want. Plus they will recognize some competing programs if you have the certificate.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 04:10 PM   #5
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Usually they will credit the value towards whichever program you want. Plus they will recognize some competing programs if you have the certificate.
Yeah, the fine print that I posted said that it has a $775 value that can be used for any other program. Too bad the Advanced M School is is around $5k.

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 08:30 PM   #6
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Yeah, the fine print that I posted said that it has a $775 value that can be used for any other program. Too bad the Advanced M School is is around $5k.
There is 20% off any booking made this month.

USE DISCOUNT CODE: DI2016

I don't know if you can stack it with the BMW CCA discount which is 15%. Good deal either way.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 04:22 PM   #7
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
So, we just signed deals for 2 X5 5.0s. Now that we are doing 3 cars this year I wonder if I will get 2 more offers.

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0