BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-30-2019, 10:56 AM   #1
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Hey guys, my OEM comp pack (black-chrome) exhaust tips are in pretty bad shape (previous owner wasn't OCD about this stuff like me) so I've been thinking about replacing them. I want something that will look nice, worthy of the M5, but without going overboard. Thinking of an OEM+ look, if you know what I mean. I like the BMS black billet tips a little, but wondering if there are better options out there for near the same price point. Don't want to spend a ton of money at this point as later down the road, I do plan on going w/ an Eisenmann exhaust.

Some pics of the current state of my tips.
Attached Images

06-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Previous owner wasn't OCD like I am either. Mine were in bad shape and had to get some replacements. I looked at the BMS tips but don't like the wall thickness and tiny pea shooter hole. I ended up getting some CYBA tips from Taiwan and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. I've had them a year now and still look like the day I got them when they're clean. I paid £160 for them so really cheap.

You can can them in both chrome and black chrome.

I can't see them on Ebay anymore so you may have to do some digging.
Appreciate 1
94jedi830.00
      06-30-2019, 01:29 PM   #3
MFM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Check these...I purchased a set in gloss black but never installed because I ended up going with muffler delete pipes that came with tips. Nice quality and definitely larger in diameter than stock. Good price at $160 for 4.

https://bimmian.com/stainless-exhaus...-any-bmw-pair/
'09 Black Challenger SRT -- sold | '98 Artic Silver M3 -- sold
Appreciate 1
94jedi830.00
      06-30-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFM5 View Post
Check these...I purchased a set in gloss black but never installed because I ended up going with muffler delete pipes that came with tips. Nice quality and definitely larger in diameter than stock. Good price at $160 for 4.

https://bimmian.com/stainless-exhaus...-any-bmw-pair/
Those look great and can't beat that price. How difficult is the install/removal of the stick tips? I see it says the rivets need to be drilled out?
      06-30-2019, 02:00 PM   #5
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

After a lot of thought I really wanted special outlets and not the normal run of the mill.Was lucky to find two that I wanted in UK with the required inlet diameter which I've fitted.Have ordered the other two to spec from Far East and when they arrive will post pics.
Not saying exactly what they are as want it to be a surprise!
Appreciate 1
94jedi830.00
      06-30-2019, 02:02 PM   #6
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Those look great and can't beat that price. How difficult is the install/removal of the stick tips? I see it says the rivets need to be drilled out?
Those are the same that I have. Easiest way to remove stock tips if they dont twist off is a piece of wood and a hammer, get them moving then twist off. Setting up the new ones is trial and error. When nipping up the grub screws you have to check their protrusion and parallelism both sideways and straight on. Takes a bit of time to get them perfect but well worth it.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 02:54 PM   #7
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Hey guys, my OEM comp pack (black-chrome) exhaust tips are in pretty bad shape (previous owner wasn't OCD about this stuff like me) so I've been thinking about replacing them. I want something that will look nice, worthy of the M5, but without going overboard. Thinking of an OEM+ look, if you know what I mean. I like the BMS black billet tips a little, but wondering if there are better options out there for near the same price point. Don't want to spend a ton of money at this point as later down the road, I do plan on going w/ an Eisenmann exhaust.

Some pics of the current state of my tips.
It won't be long before I have all mine in a row on the car and they are different from the ones you normally see.I'll open up a bit more and say mine have slanted tips instead of the straight cut down outlet.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 03:42 PM   #8
MFM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Quote:
The tips in the link are universal for BMWs and likely other models. There are no rivets on M5 tips. Surprisingly, each tip is just pushed onto the tail pipes. You can twist the tips off if they are not too corroded and you have a strong grip. Or use a band type oil filter wrench like this...
https://www.amazon.com/Oil-Filter-Wr...gateway&sr=8-4
When installing the new tips, you may have to unbolt the exhaust hanger that is near the tail pipe on each side to allow good access when tightening the set screws on the tips shown in the link, but that’s an easy task.

Last edited by MFM5; 07-01-2019 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
94jedi830.00
      06-30-2019, 03:47 PM   #9
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFM5 View Post
The tips in the link are universal for BMWs and likely other models. There are no rivets on M5 tips. Surprisingly, each tip is just pushed onto the tail pipes. You can twist the tips off if they are not too corroded and you have a strong grip. Or use a band type oil filter wrench like this...
https://www.amazon.com/Oil-Filter-Wr...gateway&sr=8-4
You may have to unbolt the exhaust hanger that is near the tail pipe on each side to allow good access the tighten the set screws on the tips shown in the link, but that’s an easy task.
I just used thick rubber gloves and gripped them twisting and pulling at the same time.
Appreciate 0