Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-13-2015, 09:14 PM   #1
JetBee
13' M5 AW
Abu Dhabi
Rep
Drives: 13' M5 - AW

Shift S3ctor

I might end up going to shift sector this april 25th. I just installed BMS piggyback along with my RPI GTM exhaust. Can't wait to test the BMS.

I wonder if anyone here is going..?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBee
I might end up going to shift sector this april 25th. I just installed BMS piggyback along with my RPI GTM exhaust. Can't wait to test the BMS.

I wonder if anyone here is going..?
Although the BMS with the GTM is super awesome, if you want to be competitive you will have to go with one of those new ECU tunes that requires you to take apart your ECU. But if just want to go out there and have fun, it will be a blast. I recommend just doing it once for the thrill. The BMS still adds a nice performance boost (pun intended) to the M5 and whenever I am able to push my M5 I am still astounded by the rush.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 10:32 PM   #3
JetBee
13' M5 AW
Abu Dhabi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Although the BMS with the GTM is super awesome, if you want to be competitive you will have to go with one of those new ECU tunes that requires you to take apart your ECU. But if just want to go out there and have fun, it will be a blast. I recommend just doing it once for the thrill. The BMS still adds a nice performance boost (pun intended) to the M5 and whenever I am able to push my M5 I am still astounded by the rush.
I am just going for the sake of fun, and try the BMS 'legally' as I would say :P
I wouldnt go tune straight ahead, i know its the better bet but i like to try things step by step, I'd love to compare between a piggyback and a true tune.

I went to nofly zone few months back with only the GTMs, it wasn't the best experience as I got a drv malf. spark plugs went crazy I guess.

Hope this time I will have fun. Going with R1motorsport this time.

Husain.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 10:34 PM   #4
JetBee
13' M5 AW
Abu Dhabi
Rep

Quote:

I believe you have or had the BMS. have you switched to a fully tune? If so, which tune?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 11:03 PM   #5
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBee
Quote:

I believe you have or had the BMS. have you switched to a fully tune? If so, which tune?
No I still just have the BMS. I literally can't use any more power because of the region where I live. I'm perfectly happy with my BMS for street driving though. It just means I won't be able to take on that Bugatti Veyron when I see one on the highway.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 11:47 PM   #6
JetBee
13' M5 AW
Abu Dhabi
Rep

Quote:
No I still just have the BMS. I literally can't use any more power because of the region where I live. I'm perfectly happy with my BMS for street driving though. It just means I won't be able to take on that Bugatti Veyron when I see one on the highway.
haha and prob you want to stay away from it :P
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 09:20 AM   #7
6spdterror
Route Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
I did! Knowing fully well i would get mopped up but it was still fun even if i was on the receiving end of it. The other cars in this pic were also destroyed by that Veyron. You dont know what real power and speed is until you try to chase one of those down!

[IMG]1490776_10202301660798868_484838034_o by 6spdterror, on Flickr[/IMG]
04 Honda Pilot (everyday car)
Appreciate 0