M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

11-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #67
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

I may be that member. My car was supposed to go into Newark on 11-1 but it was diverted and dropped on in Baltimore on 11-3. As of now BMWNA and my dealer have no information available to when I can expect my car. As a customer (and I aware many have it worse) I feel they should have more knowledge of status and estimations of delivery. Now ya see, I just found something else from you. That is that the Newark VPC is much larger than Baltimore. This probably means the car will be delayed further.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #68
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
I am using my brain, and thankfully my heart is working as well. You're the one who needs to use a little of both.
I don't think so. I have made good points regarding Brunswick operations, the source of the oil pump, the redundancy with their Munich management operations, the supply chain between Munich and Brunswick. Further, no New Jersey bound cars had been redirected to Brunswick at the time that my car reached Brunswick (contrary to your factually incorrect assertion).

Further many of the failures of BMW were prior to the hurricane:
- they installed replacement oil pumps in new cars before fixing customer cars
- they have not provided any transparency into parts availability for sold customer cars
- they have not instituted a structured compensation process like Lexus did with the valve spring recall
- they have shown extreme performance variability in time taken to assign a vehicle to an export vessel in Bremerhaven
- they have very little responsiveness to customer requests for information and status (I still don't know if they even have an oil pump)

Last year when I bought my 550i via ED, I got my car back in 6 weeks, while others (who were shipping to same destination) and who dropped their cars off a month before me had still not received their cars. So this is not just a 2012 issue it is an indication that their processes are simply not robust.

But if you want to engage in your self righteous tirade, please know I have added you to the ignore list, so your tirade is not going to be read by me, including your response to this post. I have no time for jerks.

I have been reasonable. I accept a one week delay due to the hurricane not longer. FedEx and UPS have recovered faster than that.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 11-06-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #69
Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I don't think so. I have made good points regarding Brunswick operations, the source of the oil pump, the redundancy with their Munich management operations, the supply chain between Munich and Brunswick. Further, no New Jersey bound cars had been redirected to Brunswick at the time that my car reached Brunswick (contrary to your factually incorrect assertion).

- they installed oil pumps in new cars before fixing customer cars
- they have not provided any transparency into parts availability for sold customer cars
- they have not instituted a structured compensation process like Lexus did with the valve spring recall
- they have shown extreme performance variability in time taken to assign a vehicle to an export vessel in Bremerhaven
- they have very little responsiveness to customer requests for information and status (I still don't know if they even have an oil pump)

Last year when I bought my 550i via ED I got my car back in 6 weeks, while others ( who sere shipping to same destination) and who dropped their cars off a month before me had still not received their cars. So the is not just a 2012 issue it is an indication that their processes are simply not robust.

But if you want to engage in your self righteous tirade, please know I have added you to the ignore list, so your tirade is not going to be read by me, including your response to this post. I have no time for jerks.

I have been reasonable. I accept a one week delay due to the hurricane not longer. FedEx and UPS have recovered faster than that.
!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #70
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Good morning gentlemen. After 8 days we had our power restored yesterday afternoon, and I join you refreshed from a decent night's sleep after having the stress of my family's safety lifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
Without getting too much into ethics, I agree with Stealt.Pilot. We are all aware how significant,unfortunate, and tragic the hurricane was but BMWNA is an inept source of information. Hurricane or not. The line of communication between BMWNA, the dealer and the customer is inefficient and poorly managed. 90% of the time I was able to find out important information on this forum as opposed to the source I should get it from, the dealer...Not that I have to be a detective to read and post on forums to find simple things out. To briefly touch on your accusation of poor ethics to Stealth.Pilot...Like I said earlier we all know about the unfortunate event but the man is just trying to obtain good intel of the status of a vehicle he paid lots of money for. There are horrific events going on in the world everyday. It doesn't mean you should make him feel guilty that he wants to find out where his car is and get a straight story from BMWNA. I am aware of where BMWNA is located but they also have offices in Ohio and they have a bigger office in Germany. As a large and successful company they should have better info available in the event of logistical issues or timeframe issues when it comes to the satisfaction of their customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
We've been dealing with significant delays at the West Coast VDC in Oxnard, CA also which is 3,000 miles away from where the hurricane hit. The basic problem here is that BMW is virtually unaware or is not telling the customer what is going on with their vehicles. It is one thing for a U.S. Delivery M5 that has not been delivered the customer yet, technically making it still property of BMW, but it is another thing entirely for an ED customer, as it is our car already. Not being able to get information on something that we paid for and in the case of ED have already paid in full for or making payments on already is unacceptable.

In my particular case my ED M5 has been stuck at the VDC now for 7 working days and BMW doesn't know why. Unacceptable. Looking at getting compensation for this mental anguish.
I am genuinely sorry for the delay you guys are experiencing in the delivery of your cars. I also experienced the "BMW Black Hole" for a period of time after my car arrived at the VPC, so I understand your frustration. Hopefully your cars will be delivered soon. I don't know whether aculeg87 did the ED program, but I know Dave can attest to capabilities of the F10 M5. I'm sure once you take delivery the driving experience will help your current frustration to quickly fade into distant memory ... it did for me.

Quote:

- they installed replacement oil pumps in new cars before fixing customer cars

Last year when I bought my 550i via ED, I got my car back in 6 weeks, while others (who were shipping to same destination) and who dropped their cars off a month before me had still not received their cars. So this is not just a 2012 issue it is an indication that their processes are simply not robust.

Whether my frustration with the current situation in the northeast was rightly or wrongly directed at you, if my compassion for those struggling makes me a self righteous jerk in your eyes then so be it. Good luck to you as well in a speedy resolution to your delivery.

I look forward to moving ahead with a more constructive dialogue about our M5s.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #71
mgallen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Azurite Black

Stealth,

Your mailbox is full. Just tried to PM you, but could not go through.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #72
pdp4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW m5

My ED M5 is lost since Oct 18

Well I dropped off my ED M5 in Europe on Sep 20. Based on tracking it came to NJ Oct 17. Since then BMW is looking for it and has no clue where it is. Getting any information out of the dealer or BMW NA is totally impossible.
I was hoping to get the car out of NJ before Sandy and clearly it has not happen. I just got verbally approved for a rental reimbursement - 3 weeks after the car was supposed to be unloaded from the ship.

It just sucks not to know if my car is under water or not. I get the problems in tracking a $100K car for a few days in the customs, but loosing it for so long is unbelievable (considering it was in the States for two weeks before Sandy hit).
I also get that a lot of people are still struggling without power, and me missing my car is much less of a problem than thousands of people have in NJ, but if I dont get any info about my car early next week, my tone communicating with BMW NA and dealer will have to change. So far, I asked multiple times about their plan and timeline in case my car is under water and/or gone, and they have no plan at all.

Meanwhile I guess I am still paying for my M5 lease ;-)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #73
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Last year I dropped my car off in Munich October 17th, and it was delivered to me November 18th.

This year, I dropped it off a month earlier on September 23rd and they are estimating November 19th for delivery. They have squandered a month through incompetence.

What makes this particularly annoying is that with the holiday sales rush, the clear bra guy, the radar guy, and the detailers are all booked up, so by the time the car is fully setup and ready to drive home could take 2-3 more weeks.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #74
dkreidel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot of BMW's

Quote:
Last year I dropped my car off in Munich October 17th, and it was delivered to me November 18th. This year, I dropped it off a month earlier on September 23rd and they are estimating November 19th for delivery. They have squandered a month through incompetence.
Hmmm, or you were extremely lucky with a 4 week cycle last year...
      11-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #75
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkreidel View Post
Hmmm, or you were extremely lucky with a 4 week cycle last year...
Not really. I've had that 4-5 week cycle on all my previous deliveries. They are usually very consistent with Munich and Bremerhaven dropoffs as long as you pre-book the drop off appt months in advance as I did.
Appreciate 0