M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

View Poll Results: Which color combo do you ike the best?
Silverstone with full black leather interior, that's the ticket! 7 15.91%
Black Sapphire with full black leather interior, always bet on black, baby! 9 20.45%
Singapore Grey with Sakhir interior, dark grey and orangy red, sweet! 23 52.27%
Space grey with Sakhir interior, understated but hot. 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

05-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #45
Hed
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991

Putting in order today and still fighting it. Black/black is the safest for sure, but not positive if I'll love it. The Singapore looks good in pictures, but have not seen it in real life. If I go Singapore I'm not sure if I can live with the Sakhir red/with black.

Today I have to pull the trigger and decide between black/black or SG/Sakhir extended with black or SG/Full black.... ugh...I do love the silver to, but I have to start narrowing it down before my head implodes.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #46
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black F10M M5

dont get sapphire - get azurite or citrine. the look of these is much deeper and although there is a slight hue of colour in both, during the day the deep black intensity is there that is somehow not there with sapphire black
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #47
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hed View Post
Putting in order today and still fighting it. Black/black is the safest for sure, but not positive if I'll love it. The Singapore looks good in pictures, but have not seen it in real life. If I go Singapore I'm not sure if I can live with the Sakhir red/with black.

Today I have to pull the trigger and decide between black/black or SG/Sakhir extended with black or SG/Full black.... ugh...I do love the silver to, but I have to start narrowing it down before my head implodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phish_100 View Post
dont get sapphire - get azurite or citrine. the look of these is much deeper and although there is a slight hue of colour in both, during the day the deep black intensity is there that is somehow not there with sapphire black
If you go black exterior, Azurite is the way to go. Citrin has depth but has a brownish tinge to it that I don't like and don't think belongs on an M car; you'll stand a much better chance of liking black on black if you go Azurite, trust me. Sakhir would look good with a black exterior but would definitely be sporty rather than understated; a Silverstone interior would lighten things up a bit with a black exterior and might be worth considering for that reason.

However, whatever you do I would strongly recommend going Full leather to get the leather dash, back of the front seats, etc; it really raises the bar on the luxury factor. The only exception I could see is if you're contemplating Sakhir, where Sakhir Full might be a bit too much orange for some. If you do go Full on a non-black color though, I'd get Piano trim because that vertically striped aluminum clashes with pretty much every other color that's used for the lower dash area. You can keep aluminum with any Extended color though because the underside of the instrument panel remains black in that configuration.

Honestly though I would remove Singapore from your list and replace it with Silverstone for consideration. It looks to have so much more life to it, it's an M-only color, and either a black or Sakhir interior would look great in it.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 05-03-2012 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #48
ihc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2103 F10 M5

Monte Carlo Blue (or Interlagos Blue!) with Silverstone interior
Appreciate 0