BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-30-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
Blue.Thunder
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 F10 Comp. Individual

[EMERGENCY, TOO ALL] Let's make a FUNDRAISER for RPiM5 (Dave) & Mika !

HEY, TO ALL THE OTHER GUYS HERE:

You all know what happend to to our friend RPiM5(Dave) & Mika.
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthr...1029690&page=2

What do you think of a FUNDRAISER for Dave and the repair of Mika?

Maybe we can cheer up Dave in this way somewhat.What do you guys think? It would be a pleasure and honor for me to help Dave a little bit! Don't you think that we need to ensure that one of our best will be okay again ?! If we all put together - each a little -, then it will be enough to seriously help Dave.
We could make each one a transfer e.g. via paypal or similar. So who is with Dave & Mika?
Let's do it!

Dave, please let us know your paypal-address/e-mail and we will help you soon! At least I will!

Here's the list for the FUNDRAISER where all of you, who want to help, can sign up and then copy the list in a reply post and so on:

- Blue.Thunder (Martin); 300,- €

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Uhm, not the be the insensitive bastard of the group, but...

Why exactly do we need a fund raiser? Is his insurance not going to cover the damage?

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Dave's my Dawg, but it believe his insurance is taking care of things. Nice gesture, though.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #4
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

I'm gonna fly to Va to find the turd who disrespected Mika!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #5
Blue.Thunder
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Dave's my Dawg, but it believe his insurance is taking care of things. Nice gesture, though.
Of course his insurance is taking care, but maybe not for all his extra stuff.

I thought it would be a nice gesture to one of our buddies who is downt to the bottom at the moment.

So, I'm still FOR the FUND RAISER. I stand by my word!!

No one else who wants to support Dave with deeds, not just with words??
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #6
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
You have a first follower. I am in.

You just need a second follower now.

Dave what's your drink of choice ? I will get one bottle headed your way.
      08-30-2014, 04:58 PM   #7
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

These threads become controversial and locked up in every message board I frequent.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #8
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Or? -

Sounds like a good idea - and Dave deserves it
If it is accepted count me in - regardless if it's going to be done for me or not because I am not contributing as much to this community as RpiM5 and he is one of the pillars of this forum no doubt and I do enjoy reading all his threads even when he criticized me -!

But how about cheer you up gift cards of all sorts and places - ... because I am sure he doesn't need the money and insurance will kick in but a cheer you up gift card is probably a better idea to draw a smile on his face because of US - and more likely to be accepted by him -

PM me please RpiM5 to get your gift card pleeeeeease -
Starbucks for 2 weeks on me -

And obviously up to him whom to PM to accept people's gifts as per his comfort level..

I am in !
$tarbucks coming your way Dave
And we shouldn't say how much as it is not a race !
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
You have a first follower. I am in.

You just need a second follower now.

Dave what's your drink of choice ? I will get one bottle headed your way.
I'm w spinny
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 07:52 PM   #10
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Blue.Thunder and the rest, you guys are too much. I literally just got home and jumped on my computer and saw this thread. I went for a ride today, just really needed to clear my head. It was a great ride. A whole 1 horsepower. It's the ///M version though.

Anyways, I really don't need anything guys. My insurance should cover mostly everything, although I'm not sure about the aftermarket parts yet exactly. But if you guys really feel the need to donate, just contact me and I'll give you my Paypal. I super appreciate all of your empathy, sympathy, and generosity. You guys are the best. Seriously. Instead of donations I wish we could do like a huge meetup, but that's next to impossible. I really should be thanking all of you for what you do for the community and everything else too.

Maybe we could organize something for when the next generation M5 comes out in like 5 years? I will most likely be getting one so I'm not sweating this whole situation with my F10 too terribly. Yeah it sucks, but that's life. Although I do feel that D.C. is trying to beat me down sometimes. Lol!

I just wish I could take B1-Pilot up on his offer to and let him know he's Cleared in Hot for target prosecution, well as soon as we find them anyways.
Attached Images

Last edited by RPiM5; 08-30-2014 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #11
Loft23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

I feel sorry for them, but when you drive an expensive car I sure hope your insurance is well covered and have the funds for the unexpected. No disrespect, but a fundraiser for someone with a $100k+ car???
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #12
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
... Instead of donations I wish we could do like a huge meetup,...
Dave I'm in for this meetup, and I challenge you to race lol
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #13
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Dave I'm in for this meetup, and I challenge you to race lol
How about a race to the middle. I'll start on the East Coast and you start on the West Coast and we meet at Boots house in Texas. Whoever gets to his house first and does a burnout in his driveway wins.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #14
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
How about a race to the middle. I'll start on the East Coast and you start on the West Coast and we meet at Boots house in Texas. Whoever gets to his house first and does a burnout in his driveway wins.
lol.... all in
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 08:57 PM   #15
Blue.Thunder
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

A meetup is a nice idea.
Maybe one day I will come and see the US and take Blue.Thunder with me. Then we could do some nice trips!

But just for the moment, Dave, I stand by my word and sent you 300 EURO to your paypal account...

It's not about money, but to honor and help your friends, even when you've never met in person. 😉

And guys, when you have still further ideas, you can count on me!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 09:01 PM   #16
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Waiting for you guys to show up. Dinner and drinks on me. I'll have all my crew ready for another bad azz country run! Texas Style
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #17
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
I'm gonna fly to Va to find the turd who disrespected Mika!
I'll meet ya there!
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #18
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue.Thunder View Post
HEY, TO ALL THE OTHER GUYS HERE:

You all know what happend to to our friend RPiM5(Dave) & Mika.
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthr...1029690&page=2

What do you think of a FUNDRAISER for Dave and the repair of Mika?

Maybe we can cheer up Dave in this way somewhat.What do you guys think? It would be a pleasure and honor for me to help Dave a little bit! Don't you think that we need to ensure that one of our best will be okay again ?! If we all put together - each a little -, then it will be enough to seriously help Dave.
We could make each one a transfer e.g. via paypal or similar. So who is with Dave & Mika?
Let's do it!

Dave, please let us know your paypal-address/e-mail and we will help you soon! At least I will!

Here's the list for the FUNDRAISER where all of you, who want to help, can sign up and then copy the list in a reply post and so on:

- Blue.Thunder (Martin); 300,- €

Paying it forward... Nicely done.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 01:00 AM   #19
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

Great idea and doesn't it make a lot more sense to have the meetup in Omaha?

I would be happy to get everything coordinated!!

Dave
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 08:51 AM   #20
Hockey Guy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i, X5 35d

I really like the idea of a big M5 meet-up next summer. Gives people time to plan for it. I would love to meet all you good folks

Maybe the middle of the US makes the most sense for the North Americans on this board. I am in Western Canada but I would drive there. If anyone organized one, I would do my best to be there. Thoughts fellow M5-ers?

Why wait until 2018?!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 08:58 AM   #21
(H)
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 (after F10 M5 ;-)

Wow, offline for 18 hours and missing so much!

1) Of course I am in for a fundraiser for Mika, see my reply on the OP vandalism post. My understanding that we would have to chip in for the deductible and whatever else Dave is stuck with. More a matter of band of brothers rather than that I would expect Dave to really need it. Tell me where to send the check!

2) With all of us here driving $100k+ cars, I think it is an excellent discussion about "what do we need". I have a different idea: Every time something happens (good or bad to one of us, I believe it is fair to assume that we are all well covered by insurance and beyond that we all have the means to bear some extra expenditure. After all, nobody really needs (as in a matter of survival) an ///M car. So every time that something happens to one of us, good or bad, we all donate a nominal amount $100 or so each (a full tank of gas or alike) to a charity that we agree upon (preferably to people that are really in need). That would be a sign of all of us remembering that we are truly blessed with having issues like "oh, somebody rear-ended me". Believe me, I am not saying that such an incident is pleasant, I have recently had my fair share of unpleasant incidents. But in comparison what many other people in this world are struggling with, these are really luxury issues to have. So just an idea to stay grounded.

3) The "let's meet in the middle" idea is awesome. Let's thing big: The first ever national star-cruise and meet of ///M cars in North America. As many ///M cars from all over the U.S., Canada, Mexico etc. would drive to the geographic center of the U.S. If we do this right, I could see that we get BMW NA involved with heavy sponsoring, imagine the PR benefit of such an event. From coast to coast, there would be meeting points and group cruises. This would be a week long happening with regional sub-events. Once you start dreaming, the sky is the limit as to how big this could be. I nominate @RingMeister01 to head the organizing committee ;-)

Name:  48states_plaque.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  501.3 KB

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #22
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by (H) View Post
Wow, offline for 18 hours and missing so much!

1) Of course I am in for a fundraiser for Mika, see my reply on the OP vandalism post. My understanding that we would have to chip in for the deductible and whatever else Dave is stuck with. More a matter of band of brothers rather than that I would expect Dave to really need it. Tell me where to send the check!

2) With all of us here driving $100k+ cars, I think it is an excellent discussion about "what do we need". I have a different idea: Every time something happens (good or bad to one of us, I believe it is fair to assume that we are all well covered by insurance and beyond that we all have the means to bear some extra expenditure. After all, nobody really needs (as in a matter of survival) an ///M car. So every time that something happens to one of us, good or bad, we all donate a nominal amount $100 or so each (a full tank of gas or alike) to a charity that we agree upon (preferably to people that are really in need). That would be a sign of all of us remembering that we are truly blessed with having issues like "oh, somebody rear-ended me". Believe me, I am not saying that such an incident is pleasant, I have recently had my fair share of unpleasant incidents. But in comparison what many other people in this world are struggling with, these are really luxury issues to have. So just an idea to stay grounded.

3) The "let's meet in the middle" idea is awesome. Let's thing big: The first ever national star-cruise and meet of ///M cars in North America. As many ///M cars from all over the U.S., Canada, Mexico etc. would drive to the geographic center of the U.S. If we do this right, I could see that we get BMW NA involved with heavy sponsoring, imagine the PR benefit of such an event. From coast to coast, there would be meeting points and group cruises. This would be a week long happening with regional sub-events. Once you start dreaming, the sky is the limit as to how big this could be. I nominate @RingMeister01 to head the organizing committee ;-)

All in for your 3rd point! A big event like that would be awesome. I would have to imagine someone from BMW NA would be able to coordinate such an event.
Appreciate 0