M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

10-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #23
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Gorgeous!

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #24
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly drove a 13 F10 M5

As you say Jan, the brilliant white is a very wonderful color and very hard to take a picture of... I agree that it is approaching a pearl affect, but for those that have seen so many of the Lexus pearls, it does not give the same feel (and I say that in a positive way). It is a very nice selection on your part.

I still think you are just a bit of a daredevil seeing how far up you could get wheel spin on the winter tires of the other M5 you had.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #25
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Great taste, Jan! Thoroughly enjoyed the writeup and pics.

I have to openly admit, I've thought long and hard how to spec an M5, and this is among my top-2 favorites! My only hesitation has been not knowing how much the upcharge is for getting the Full Cohiba leather. I have been unable to get an answer from my SA for the moment, so would greatly appreciate if you can share. I have also thought about doing deviated stitching, and that too remains an unknown until I formally place an order and dealer then submits a special request to BMW Germany.

Great choice on the CF trim. While I like the Piano trim, I reckon I'll put that amount towards the CF M Performance trim.

Speaking of which, if you do decide to go aftermarket on the CF, feel free to look up Matt at oCarbon. I have seen multiple of his creations, they are a work of art and I am sure he will square you well. When the appropriate time comes, no doubt I will look his way (assuming BMW never releases the middle console trim piece)
The addtl extended/full Cohiba Brown coverage is 1800$ , contrast stitching is 5100$ (in addition to the Individual leather and addtl extended coverage charge).
I thought about contrast stitching but it would have pushed out delivery every further so I decided against it . I'm likely doing some custom interior work anyway so have plenty of project to keep me busy
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #26
Techworks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Brilliant white m5

Jmh-
Beautiful car, really love the combo. Could you give any insight into the overall timing of the process? I ordered mine in around Nov 20th - brilliant white with full black leather and blue contrast stitching. I'm finding with the paint and stitching, it's very hard to get a clear answer on schedule. Based on the latest from my CA, his system shows a target build date of week 8 (end of Feb). However, it's not actually scheduled yet.

Is this because they are waiting on the interior to come from a vendor, or is it something else? I'm not sure if it all comes together quickly once scheduled, or if the scheduling is only the beginning of the process and it could take another several weeks with the individual options.

Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #27
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Just found this thread. Beautiful car. Would love to see cohiba brown in person sometime.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #28
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Congrats

Gotta love that interior. This was my original color choice but wimped out at the last minute. A beaut.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #29
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Just found this thread. Beautiful car. Would love to see cohiba brown in person sometime.
No problem. I tend to be in Boston (Fortpoint , Southend area) on a regular basis
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #30
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techworks View Post
Jmh-
Beautiful car, really love the combo. Could you give any insight into the overall timing of the process? I ordered mine in around Nov 20th - brilliant white with full black leather and blue contrast stitching. I'm finding with the paint and stitching, it's very hard to get a clear answer on schedule. Based on the latest from my CA, his system shows a target build date of week 8 (end of Feb). However, it's not actually scheduled yet.

Is this because they are waiting on the interior to come from a vendor, or is it something else? I'm not sure if it all comes together quickly once scheduled, or if the scheduling is only the beginning of the process and it could take another several weeks with the individual options.

Thanks for your help!
Process was pretty straight forward. Once I had everything approved by BMW NA and my production started it took appr 10 days.
The delay in production actually starting is mostly due to the exterior paint as the factory is trying to batch enough cars with identical colors for paint . This helps them to streamline the paint process (need to flush the paint equipment for different colors). Given you have brilliant white it likely might get scheduled rather sooner than later , mine was actually produced 6 weeks prior to me picking up the car. Most cars will be finished 10 days prior to pickup.
Once you have your production number your dealer can also download the exact config for your car which is kind of interest if you have an Individual order

Most interior parts are usually build 2-8 weeks prior to the car starts production (you can see the production date for the parts on the backside)

Good news is it will be build in time

Below is an example from my build.

0490 Special painting
Paintwork "brilliant white-metallic" (code U21)
Z1XX Special upholstery
Full leather Merino cohiba brown
(nb. 7 975 329 / Sun Reflective Technology).
Seat centre parts/seat side panels in climate leather
Merino cohiba brown perforated
(nb. 7 975 391 / Sun Reflective Technology).
Sewing thread tabak (nb. 6 974 854), code 0966 D.
Quilting yarn tabak (nb. 6 978 114), code 0966 D.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quilting yarn for "Ornamental seam":
Quilting yarn tabak (nb. 8 027 111), code 0966 D.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Seam of front and rear seats according to
M-multifunction/-climate seats.
Remainder of spec. as full leather Merino black (code X3SW)
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #31
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

oh wow, incredible combo

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0