M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

01-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

iDrive & satellite radio... question about display options...

I cant seem to get the idrive to display satellite radio like it has in all of my other recent BMW's....

First, let me say that I do not like split-screen. I either want the full map, or the full radio display etc etc.

My issue is that I cant figure out how to get satellite radio to display both the channel options, and the "now playing" current channel information. This allows for easy selection of channels and it also displays current channel info ie. whats playing. Here is a pic of how it looks on my 2013 X5M.

this allows to easily switch between full screen nav and radio info with the push of the "radio" or "nav" buttons on the idrive controller.

In the M5, if you do not have split-screen turned on, it requires multiple steps and is quite annoying. even still, I cant seem to get the channel list AND current channel detail on the same screen (unless split-screen is used).

Anybody know something that I dont?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
avi8tir
Captain
Rep

anyone know anything?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Would like to know as well. Is it just me or does the Sat Radio sound like crap in the car? It seems very hollow. I prefer listening to FM Radio or Spotify vs Sat in the M5
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
avi8tir
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Would like to know as well. Is it just me or does the Sat Radio sound like crap in the car? It seems very hollow. I prefer listening to FM Radio or Spotify vs Sat in the M5
I find it to be the same quality as my other cars...
Appreciate 0