M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

05-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #89
xc JET M
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, 328xi

place an order this morning. singapore grey with19 inch wheels, black leather,dark wood trim,drivers assistance package and executive package. number one on my dealer's list (put deposit july last year)but they don't have an allocation yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #90
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1986 View Post
If you are ordering an M5 for ED...it WILL NOT come out of a dealers allocation.

If you are ordering an M6 for ED...it WILL come out of a dealers allocation.

Just got clarification on that and wanted to share it!
This makes me really consider doing Euro delivery, knowing that i am 5th on the list. And i need to have my car here by August-September range, because my lease ends in august. What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #91
Necromancer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerStarBmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1986 View Post
If you are ordering an M5 for ED...it WILL NOT come out of a dealers allocation.

If you are ordering an M6 for ED...it WILL come out of a dealers allocation.

Just got clarification on that and wanted to share it!
This makes me really consider doing Euro delivery, knowing that i am 5th on the list. And i need to have my car here by August-September range, because my lease ends in august. What do you guys think?
go for it. ED is the only way to purchase a BMW. it makes more sense the higher the msrp of the car as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #92
mrhonest
Oil pump waitlister
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Frozen Black

In the bank on sat

Placed the order on Friday
  • 490 Frozen Black Metallic
  • X3DA Sakhir Orange Full Merino Leather
  • XE7 Piano Finish Black Trim

Packages
  • ZDA Driver Assistance Package (ZDA)
  • ZEC Executive Package

Stand Alone Options
  • 2NZ 20" M Light Alloy Wheels
  • 6F2 Bang & Olufsen Sound System
  • 6FH Rear-Seat Entertainment Professional
  • 6UK Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
  • 2NK M Carbon Ceramic Brakes
  • XD5 Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color
  • 3MB BMW Individual Exterior Line

Was unsure of the interior color combo, but I think black trim will probably go ok with the orange leather.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #93
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhonest View Post
Placed the order on Friday
  • 490 Frozen Black Metallic
  • X3DA Sakhir Orange Full Merino Leather
  • XE7 Piano Finish Black Trim

Packages
  • ZDA Driver Assistance Package (ZDA)
  • ZEC Executive Package

Stand Alone Options
  • 2NZ 20" M Light Alloy Wheels
  • 6F2 Bang & Olufsen Sound System
  • 6FH Rear-Seat Entertainment Professional
  • 6UK Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
  • 2NK M Carbon Ceramic Brakes
  • XD5 Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color
  • 3MB BMW Individual Exterior Line

Was unsure of the interior color combo, but I think black trim will probably go ok with the orange leather.
Black goes with basically everything, and I think Piano Black is hands down the best choice with Sakhir Full. Out of curiosity, why the ceramic brakes? And do you know what the BMW Individual Exterior Line looks like on the F10? I've only seen it on the 6 Series.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #94
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

Thanks for your opinion, so if change my order to euro delivery does that automatically mean it's allocated. And it will be scheduled for july production, and should be ready for delivery by the end of august?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #95
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTight View Post
Thanks for the detailed, thoughtful response. Let me know if you change your mind about the aluminum trim after you see it in person. I saw it at the New York Auto Show and was surprised how much better it looked in person than in the photographs.
Now that I've seen them, I agree. I originally had a post here discussing that and a lot more, but the mods created a new thread about it here: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687155. For any other doubters, the aluminum actually looks very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc JET M View Post
place an order this morning. singapore grey with19 inch wheels, black leather,dark wood trim,drivers assistance package and executive package. number one on my dealer's list (put deposit july last year)but they don't have an allocation yet.
I'd really consider springing for the 20s; they look fantastic on both the M5 and M6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDank View Post
Put my order in wednesday.

Sakhir Orange Metallic
Cohiba Brown
Dark Red Sycamore
Executive Package
Manual Trans
20" 343M wheels
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
Variable light Decoding

Cant Wait

Aloha,Alex
Make sure you come back to post pics of that Sakhir M5!

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #96
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerStarBmw View Post
Thanks for your opinion, so if change my order to euro delivery does that automatically mean it's allocated. And it will be scheduled for july production, and should be ready for delivery by the end of august?
Going Euro doesn't guarantee an earlier allocation, it just means that it won't "cost" the dealer an allocation. Their ED sale to you would be a bonus for them since they'd effectively have one extra car to profit from than they would otherwise.

If you have an ED car for production any time in July you should absolutely be able to schedule a late August delivery in Europe. However, from the day you drop it off to be shipped Stateside it will probably be 6-8 weeks before you can pick it up at your US dealer.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #97
MasterDank
Boats & Hoes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5 Sakhir Orang,Chohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post

Make sure you come back to post pics of that Sakhir M5!

Will Do!!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #98
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Now that I've seen them, I agree. I originally had a post here discussing that and a lot more, but the mods created a new thread about it here: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687155. For any other doubters, the aluminum actually looks very good.
Given that you have changed your stance on aluminum having seen it, what's your opinion on it with Sakhir. Keep in mind Im only doing extended leather.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #99
djosephs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6M

Personally, the aluminum trim looks so much better. I did that with black leather on my X6M. I think it gives a sportier look and brings out the lines of the interior better. I think people have raised a minor complaint that the glossy black shows smudges and requires frequent cleaning. I can say the aluminum doesn't have that issue. The metal does get a bit hot when the car has been parked in the heat. The aluminum with the sahkir orange is a great combo!

EDIT: I think my aluminum trim on my X6M might be different thank what you will get on your M5. My aluminum trim is horizontal brushed aluminum and is quite subtle. It does not have the vertical striations that the pic someone posted has. I am not sure that I would like the vertical stripes but the aluminum trim that I have is awesome. The pic that someone posted may have had aftermarket aluminum trim on there.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #100
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Given that you have changed your stance on aluminum having seen it, what's your opinion on it with Sakhir. Keep in mind Im only doing extended leather.
If you're doing Extended leather, you'd be able to go for it; the only problem is when the Sakhir is right up underneath the aluminum. You'd just be choosing between two very prominent and sporty colors, or one sporty color and a classy accent. But the aluminum actually looks very classy itself; those vertical lines and the sawtooth pattern running down the vertical areas (can't really be captured in pics) are very intricate.

Also, before seeing the car, I would have cautioned against only doing Extended because you'd miss out on the dashboard and other areas, but now that I've seen the leather they use in those areas, I'm unimpressed. Extended won't have you missing out on nearly as much luxury as others might think.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #101
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djosephs View Post
Personally, the aluminum trim looks so much better. I did that with black leather on my X6M. I think it gives a sportier look and brings out the lines of the interior better. I think people have raised a minor complaint that the glossy black shows smudges and requires frequent cleaning. I can say the aluminum doesn't have that issue. The metal does get a bit hot when the car has been parked in the heat. The aluminum with the sahkir orange is a great combo!

EDIT: I think my aluminum trim on my X6M might be different thank what you will get on your M5. My aluminum trim is horizontal brushed aluminum and is quite subtle. It does not have the vertical striations that the pic someone posted has. I am not sure that I would like the vertical stripes but the aluminum trim that I have is awesome. The pic that someone posted may have had aftermarket aluminum trim on there.
It sounds like the X6M trim is similar if not identical to the M3's; I too have the subtle horizontal brush effect on an otherwise solid block of aluminum. The M5's is absolutely different, and is definitely a more complex and intricate aluminum than mine. I think the trim I have on my M3 is better for an M3, but the M5's aluminum suits the 5 Series character very well, better than the M3's trim would. As SleepTight described elsewhere, the M5's aluminum has detailing on the level of a fine jewelry watch, very beautiful.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #102
davidvahn
X-wing Fighter Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2103 M5 - I'm from the future.

Thumbs up Deposit Place

I'm in.

I placed a $5000 deposit with Steve Thomas BMW to what is effectively hold my place in the order bank yesterday. I am number 2 in line.

I'm confident in my options (or confident enough) but am waiting to find out if BMW will do Frozen Grey on the M5 in the states before confirming exterior and interior colors.

Thank you forums for sharing your stories & experiences with me. I've learned a lot recreationally lurking for the last few months leading up to the order day.

David
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #103
bmwm5fan
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m5

M5 SPOT

Hey guys... Mistakenly, 2 years ago, I made a deposit at bmw manhattan as well as bmw midlothian in virginia for the #1 m5 spot. If you are interested in taking this over please message me...

I will be taking 1 but not both, i live in ny and dc so either work for me. From what i understand, all the dealers are getting their first car at the same time (august sept) then itll be a few months for the next allocations.. I could be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #104
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAFP View Post
waiting for allocations :/
Same here and not happy about it
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #105
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Totaled :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
Same here and not happy about it
Have any allocations gone out yet? I remember seeing BMW's comment that the order bank would open last week, but no word on allocations?!?!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #106
mrhonest
Oil pump waitlister
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Frozen Black

Quote:
Black goes with basically everything, and I think Piano Black is hands down the best choice with Sakhir Full. Out of curiosity, why the ceramic brakes? And do you know what the BMW Individual Exterior Line looks like on the F10? I've only seen it on the 6 Series.
Yeah, originally I was going to go with the aluminum trim, and basic Sahkir leather, as I thought the full option would be too much orange, but I read multiple times that the extended package was the way to go as the non extended left multiple cheap looking pieces. Having never seen any of these color combinations in person it's all a gamble anyway.

The ceramic brakes required a little thought, I do track days regularly and am well aware of what break fade feels like, it really messes with your confidence in session 3, lap 5 for example. While I have no delusions that the M5 will see a lot of track use, I will be curious to see how it does especially on a car this big and heavy. If ceramic brakes were needed in any car it would be this F10 M5. Compared to the option of retro fitting ceramic brakes on cars, the price for this option is pretty fair.

I have never seen the exterior line of the F10, if anyone has pics of this I am sure it will be helpful for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #107
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidvahn View Post
I'm in.

I placed a $5000 deposit with Steve Thomas BMW to what is effectively hold my place in the order bank yesterday. I am number 2 in line.

I'm confident in my options (or confident enough) but am waiting to find out if BMW will do Frozen Grey on the M5 in the states before confirming exterior and interior colors.

Thank you forums for sharing your stories & experiences with me. I've learned a lot recreationally lurking for the last few months leading up to the order day.

David
#2 nice I'm jealous!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #108
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingding View Post
Just talked to my dealer 5 mins ago. He confirmed that my order is in the order bank. He is waiting on the allocations now.
My dealer is getting an allocation and then taking my order.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #109
cpiguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
My dealer is getting an allocation and then taking my order.
Sorry, I don't understand what this means. All dealers are getting allocations and then taking orders. What we all want to know is when a dealer officially get their allocations.

Edit: Are you saying that your dealer is not taking orders and placing them in the system until they get their allocations? If so, same with my dealer.

CPIGUY
2017 Ferrari 488 Spider
2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
2019 BMW X5 MSport, in coming
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #110
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiguy View Post
Sorry, I don't understand what this means. All dealers are getting allocations and then taking orders. What we all want to know is when a dealer officially get their allocations.

Edit: Are you saying that your dealer is not taking orders and placing them in the system until they get their allocations? If so, same with my dealer.
I just figured out how it works. I am in the order bank as that was placed last week. Once they get my allocation, he'll submit my desired spec.

I haven't given them any info on how I want it spec'd or made a deposit.
Appreciate 0