M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

01-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #23
smashhell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95
M3/4 will be on sale June 21 (pending EPA cert).

I sat in the M4 in Detroit and it is exceptionally beautiful in person; and the full leather interior felt just as luxurious as the M5, plus you get contrast stitching. Be interesting to see the Nurburgring numbers on M4 vs M5 CP. And as far as rear seat room - I was really surprised, it's good. I don't know that you're giving up much to get to the M4 vs the M5.

Plus, and this is obv personal pref, Austin Yellow in person is insane - pics do not do it justice as all. Closest thing I've seen to give an impression of the depth (but not total justice) is this vid:
Everyone on the forum dislike Austin Yellow. Is it that much better in person? How is it compare to say Sakir Orange?
      01-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #24
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashhell View Post
Everyone on the forum dislike Austin Yellow. Is it that much better in person? How is it compare to say Sakir Orange?
I like Austin Yellow!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 04:46 PM   #25
alexey21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Turbo

Recommendation, don't get the M3 / M4. With the technology it contains, it should be way better of a car. Unfortunately it is not. BMW went to luxury with it, making full leather and etc. On the M5, yes its understandable. M4 /3.... not really. Its suppose to be a low to the ground sports car.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 12:17 AM   #26
DukeCapitalM3
Private
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
Agreed. I'm planning to get either the M3 or the M4 (not sure yet) when the LCI model is introduced.
having 5 year old tail lights on the new m3 pretty much pissed me off, that and the lack of colors...other than that it looks badass and I'm sure will be great
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #27
DukeCapitalM3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexey21 View Post
Recommendation, don't get the M3 / M4. With the technology it contains, it should be way better of a car. Unfortunately it is not. BMW went to luxury with it, making full leather and etc. On the M5, yes its understandable. M4 /3.... not really. Its suppose to be a low to the ground sports car.
Not sure this makes sense since you don't have to get full leather. The interior needed a revamp as e9x was a bit boxy and going to look dated soon, the steering wheel was also not aesthetically appealing. "With the technology it contains, it should be way better of a car" ?
I think this car and the weight reduction efforts are a huge step in the right direction so I bet this thing sets the benchmark for that segment once again.

Having owned 2 previous M3s I can say this one looks very promising, but the high priced deals and the BMW marketing scheme to take advantage of first movers then entice the rest with LCI (in 16-24 months) are the turn off. Found myself struggling to like an available color, so that needs to be fixed pronto by BMW (prob will by July with individual - but then you have to pay extra when they shouldve had decent base colors to begin with)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #28
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexey21 View Post
Not sure what full leather has to do with it. Ferrari 458s and Porsche 911s are available with full leather too, and that doesn't make them any less of a sports car.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #29
DukeCapitalM3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Not sure what full leather has to do with it. Ferrari 458s and Porsche 911s are available with full leather too, and that doesn't make them any less of a sports car.
What he said
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #30
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1Pilot View Post
The M5 is heavy, not overweight -- there is a difference. Look at HP to weight ratios of the F10 M5 and past M3s and M5s and then tell me this M5 is overweight. Heck I'd argue that my right foot says the M5 isnt even really that heavy.

Doesn't handle as well? Unsubstantiated claim -- No one will really know this till they get to drive EPS; but the M5 handles just fine. The M5 CP is faster around the Nurburgring than any previous M3, and based on the speculative comments, appears that it still is faster than the F80. From my personal driving around the the 'ring, I was able to pass M3s, and I took it easy.

Finally, I also own a loaded F30 335ix with all the sport add-ons. Its exterior stylings are very close to what the M3 will be, and I find them quite nice. The front slopiong nose is the new face of BMW as seen in this car, the new 6's and beyond. While no M3, I can say its steering is no match for the M5, and its appointments are quite nice -- until you are blown away by a much improved luxuries in the M5.

Mileage? If this is your worry, buy a loaded 535.
Dead on!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
The new F80 will be a great car for sure, but in the end it just depends on what you really want/need out of a car.

With the new F80/82 keep in mind you won't be able to enjoy these things:

- No Bang & Olufsen Sound System
- No Soft Close Doors
- No Ventilated Seats
- No rear heated seats
- Less trunk space
- Less rear seat space
- No V8 exhaust note
- No Rear Seat Entertainment
- No Night Vision Detection System
- No Active Seats (Butt Massagers)
- No Competition Package
- No 4-Zone Climate Control
- No Power Open/Close Trunk

But the new M3/M4 are getting a lot stuff that they have never had before:

- Heads Up Display
- Full Leather Interior
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Carbon Ceramic Brakes
- Front Parking Sensors
- Rear View Camera
- Side and Top View Cameras
- Lane Departure Warning
- Forward Collision Warning
- Active Blind Spot Detection
- Full LED Headlights
- Automatic Highbeams

And here are some things the new M3/M4 will get that not even the M5/M6 is getting:

- Pedestrian Warning
- City Collision Mitigation
- Parallel Parking Assistant
- Active Cruise Control
- Carbon Fiber Roof (M6 gets this though)

I would say that compared to the F80 M3 the F10 M5 can offer more luxury, more space and utility, and more straight line performance as well as a better exhaust note to go with it. The F80 M3 main trump over the F10 M5 will be that it will MUCH MUCH BETTER in the turns on a race track. Everything else the F10 M5 will do better with the exception of the 5 things I've listed above that the F10 M5 cannot get.

One last thing that I think may be an advantage of the F80 M3 over the F10 M5 and that is actual vehicle size. Sometimes size does matter. Sometimes it's nicer to have a smaller car in certain situations, mostly when it comes to parking. It's easier to park a smaller car and it's more comforting to know that there's less of a chance of getting door dings when you take your car to the mall. Or if you have a garage at home with limited space. In this regard I have always preferred the E60 M5 to the F10 M5.

In my calculations and according to the newly released ordering guide for "military" overseas, you will be able to order a fully loaded F80 M3, even with Carbon Ceramic Brakes and still be under the base price of an F10 M5, $92,900. Additionally the F10 M5 will still come with a $1,300 gas guzzler tax, where as I highly doubt that the M3/M4 will have one (not released yet though. So that puts a base price of $94,200 on the F10 M5 where as 100% fully loaded M3 will cost you right about $86,875. For this price you are getting a car that is what I would say is somewhere between 75% - 85% the performance of the M5 and 70% - 80% of the luxury, utility, and comfort of the M5.
Another reason I am getting the F10 Not to mention that you took me for a spin in the whip which blew my mind away......The M3 looks nice IMHO, but the size and the fact that I have two kids is one reason to not get it. Last, the power, and sound will always drive me towards the M5.....
Appreciate 0