BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #45
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Let me get this right.......you spend 100 large on a M5 and it doesn't come with floor mats? Tell me BMW isn't cost cutting to this degree .......Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #46
Netwon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M5 Alpine White

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
Just a quick question. How many M logos do we need in our cars?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #47
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
Let me get this right.......you spend 100 large on a M5 and it doesn't come with floor mats? Tell me BMW isn't cost cutting to this degree .......Phil
We have mats but they don't have a M5 logo on them.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #48
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
We have mats but they don't have a M5 logo on them.
So judging by all the chatter around this, BMW still hasn't brought these to market yet? I can understand the "we'll give you the cheesy looking sh*t" at delivery but you can purchase the "good Sh*t" for $200. But I don't get why these aren't available at this stage in the game. Hell, there has already been a "LCI" on the car and yet no M5 floor mats......wow.....................Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #49
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Saab Aero

Disappointed in the mats situation. I live in Chicago so I used to buy two sets of mats, both carpet, one for winter the other for summer. I did not like the look of the heavy rubber BMW ones. However this time for my new M5 I tried the floor liners. Man, I love them! If u specify M5 it's says BMW on them not xdrive like the pic shows. I also bought oem carpet mats with the heel pad and BMW ala e60 5 series look. I'd prefer M5 mats but I like the route over the boring generic standard mats that came with the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #50
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
So judging by all the chatter around this, BMW still hasn't brought these to market yet? I can understand the "we'll give you the cheesy looking sh*t" at delivery but you can purchase the "good Sh*t" for $200. But I don't get why these aren't available at this stage in the game. Hell, there has already been a "LCI" on the car and yet no M5 floor mats......wow.....................Phil
They do have one as part of the performance products. Don't know if it's hit the market yet. They look like a mix of black and metallic sliver in color. Ugly to my taste.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #51
GratefulM5
Living the Dream
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i Convertible, '19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali73ALR
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Are you sure that black M logo mat is available for the 2013 M5. I clicked on the link to buy direct from BMW USA there is a pop up and the 2013 M5 is not an option?
Sorry for confusion. We ordered the cargo mat only. The floor mats we got the part numbers so we could order but turns out they weren't ready yet. Hopefully soon.
Got it.

For the trunk mat I prefer the rubber one. I have it in my 550i. Looks great. Prevents stuff sliding around. If something spills it contains the spill. I'm going to get that one.
+1 I have that one and it's great! Highly recommended for the trunk, has way more grip that the BMW plastic one for our '12 x5

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs are British, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #52
GratefulM5
Living the Dream
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i Convertible, '19 X5

U could also try ordering from someplace like Bavarian Autosport and make your own with the custom embroidery? But alas no tri-color "logo."
Attached Images

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs are British, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #53
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

I'm satisfied with the BMW all weather floor matts on my M5. The only thing that bothers me is that the drivers side rubber all weather matt is slightly too large.

Has anyone else noticed? Has anyone else tried to remedy the issue? Maybe you can just use sizzors and cut some material?

I think it's just the go pedal are where it's too long.

Might try cutting them when I am back in town.