Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

07-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #45
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Did you talk to them about diminished value? you should get that on table and on record from the outset. That usually leads them to also be generous with the repair because the diminished value is typically assessed by a dealer after the repair.

Who took the photos? it looks like you're still in the drivers seat in one of them. The expression on your face tells it all.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #46
Willie_Beamen69
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Did you talk to them about diminished value? you should get that on table and on record from the outset. That usually leads them to also be generous with the repair because the diminished value is typically assessed by a dealer after the repair.

Who took the photos? it looks like you're still in the drivers seat in one of them. The expression on your face tells it all.
Haha I was in shock what happened.. Once it happened I told my boy to hop out and to start taking pics.. My car is a lease so I'm not sure if diminished value applies to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #47
landa220
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettt View Post
A solid white line is legal to cross. It just means take extra care when crossing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Maybe where you live. I have got a ticket from the Miami PD for crossing a solid white line at a similar intersection.
Yeah, I'm in Michigan as well and it is "not recommended" but not illegal to cross a solid white line.

It is however "prohibited" to cross a DOUBLE-white line here in Michigan.

Still doesn't help the pain of a bent M5.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #48
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

With NYS being a "no fault" state in insurance terms means both drivers will be penalize by their respective insurance companies with increased premiums! "No Fault" = everybody is at fault.
      08-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #49
Willie_Beamen69
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan
With NYS being a "no fault" state in insurance terms means both drivers will be penalize by their respective insurance companies with increased premiums! "No Fault" = everybody is at fault.
My premium never went up... After the accident my insurance dropped about $150 every 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #50
bobafettt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by landa220 View Post
Yeah, I'm in Michigan as well and it is "not recommended" but not illegal to cross a solid white line.

It is however "prohibited" to cross a DOUBLE-white line here in Michigan.

Still doesn't help the pain of a bent M5.
yep mich and fla different:

FLA: Solid White Line
A solid white line marks the right edge of the roadway or
separates lanes of traffic moving in the same direction. You
may travel in the same direction on both sides of this line,
but you should not cross the line unless you must do so to
avoid a hazard.
Double Solid White Line
A double solid white line separates two lanes of traffic going
in the same direction. Crossing a double solid line is
prohibited.

MICH: Solid white lines: Solid white lines mark the right edge of the
road. Often called fog lines, solid white lines help you stay
on the road at night or in bad weather. Passing to the right of
another vehicle by crossing a solid white line that marks the
right edge of the roadway is prohibited, even if the shoulder is paved.
Solid white lines are also used to separate lanes of traffic
moving in the same direction. When solid white lines
separate lanes of traffic moving in the same direction,
crossing a solid white line is not recommended. These
white lines may designate sharp curves, freeway
acceleration and deceleration lanes, and other parts of the
road where lane changes are considered dangerous. A double solid white line
is used to show a travel path where driving in the
same direction is permitted on both sides of the line, but crossing the line is
prohibited.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #51
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Just sucks! I would have flipped out too. I almost wrecked an F430 I was driving today. You should have seen the sales guy's face.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #52
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList
Just sucks! I would have flipped out too. I almost wrecked an F430 I was driving today. You should have seen the sales guy's face.
What did you think about the 430 mike? They're piled up 10 deep out here. Imagine it's good value these days. If you can live with the fact that you aren't driving a 458
      08-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #53
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
If you can live with the fact that you aren't driving a 458
lol Rob! THAT is the sole issue

Well, let's just say that in the bends we would be better suited to just pulling our cars over as we watched them blow by. The car's handling is nothing less than AMAZING. Can't really describe it. The sales guy drove first and as we were heading into some twists, I was thinking "man, we are going FAST". Then in mid turn he says "now I can stomp on it"-lol! That car just STICKS. Truly impressive. Very fast as well. Not HUGELY faster then the F10 M5 by any means but you know with complete certainty that you are in a machine built for serious driving. Surprisingly, the ride is quite comfortable as well. I am one who likes a bit of "luxury" items-at least a decent stereo and some sort of "modern" look. The F430 has none of that. I felt hat it seemed a little "old" inside. I also found that to be dependent on the car. The upgraded leather pkg helps (adds some trim at door sills and behind seats). Also, for whatever reason, the Spyder didn't have quite as much of a dated feel. Also, the F430 has the single clutch trans and you can really appreciate the advancement of the BMW DCT and Porsche PDK when you drive this. It is not nearly as bad as the SMG but it has definite pause between shifts. Of course ALL of this was even more apparent because of the 458s parked next to them in the showroom!

They are a "deal" I think, however. I gave it some serious thought. Stacked pretty deep here too. I just know that no matter how nice a car is, and how few miles it has, that things like rubber seals and gaskets get old over time and I could just imagine how I might be inheriting a maintenance nightmare-even on the cleanest of them. Case in point-ALL of the ones I looked at had a paint "coating" peeling inside of the door jamb (front of door where it meets the fender at the hinges). One car had it happening quite badly. It is a black protective coating of some sort. Apparently not too time-resistant. As you can imagine, these cars were mint so it was not from abuse. It reminded me of what happens to cars with age-even with care.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #54
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
lol Rob! THAT is the sole issue

Well, let's just say that in the bends we would be better suited to just pulling our cars over as we watched them blow by. The car's handling is nothing less than AMAZING. Can't really describe it. The sales guy drove first and as we were heading into some twists, I was thinking "man, we are going FAST". Then in mid turn he says "now I can stomp on it"-lol! That car just STICKS. Truly impressive. Very fast as well. Not HUGELY faster then the F10 M5 by any means but you know with complete certainty that you are in a machine built for serious driving. Surprisingly, the ride is quite comfortable as well. I am one who likes a bit of "luxury" items-at least a decent stereo and some sort of "modern" look. The F430 has none of that. I felt hat it seemed a little "old" inside. I also found that to be dependent on the car. The upgraded leather pkg helps (adds some trim at door sills and behind seats). Also, for whatever reason, the Spyder didn't have quite as much of a dated feel. Also, the F430 has the single clutch trans and you can really appreciate the advancement of the BMW DCT and Porsche PDK when you drive this. It is not nearly as bad as the SMG but it has definite pause between shifts. Of course ALL of this was even more apparent because of the 458s parked next to them in the showroom!

They are a "deal" I think, however. I gave it some serious thought. Stacked pretty deep here too. I just know that no matter how nice a car is, and how few miles it has, that things like rubber seals and gaskets get old over time and I could just imagine how I might be inheriting a maintenance nightmare-even on the cleanest of them. Case in point-ALL of the ones I looked at had a paint "coating" peeling inside of the door jamb (front of door where it meets the fender at the hinges). One car had it happening quite badly. It is a black protective coating of some sort. Apparently not too time-resistant. As you can imagine, these cars were mint so it was not from abuse. It reminded me of what happens to cars with age-even with care.
Man just get the 458 and call it a day!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #55
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Man just get the 458 and call it a day!
Ha Henry! Today the wife and I walked the Motorcars of GA lot perusing F430s and Lambos then headed over to Hennessey to check out the C4S again. There is a black one I like...uh oh. For tonight my decision is the M6. Tomorrow I will spend the entire day driving myself nuts over my decision and probably heading back over to Jim Ellis for a ride in a black C4S they have. We REALLY need to talk about this. I may call you tomorrow. I just need to figure out what it is that has me so crazy in regards to this "power" thing. The car runs almost neck and neck in most situations (and better off the line) so I don't know why I am so hesitant. I am very afraid that the car might become "boring". I know you said that 2-3 test drives didn't really get you too excited either so what was it that made you take the leap and buy it? More test drives or just faith? I so want to have one in my garage. They are gorgeous cars with such a "connected" ride-however, the F430 will SMOKE it in the bends. I have never experienced anything like that! My greatest fear with the Ferrari is that I will feel badly about putting miles on it-because I will!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #56
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Ha Henry! Today the wife and I walked the Motorcars of GA lot perusing F430s and Lambos then headed over to Hennessey to check out the C4S again. There is a black one I like...uh oh. For tonight my decision is the M6. Tomorrow I will spend the entire day driving myself nuts over my decision and probably heading back over to Jim Ellis for a ride in a black C4S they have. We REALLY need to talk about this. I may call you tomorrow. I just need to figure out what it is that has me so crazy in regards to this "power" thing. The car runs almost neck and neck in most situations (and better off the line) so I don't know why I am so hesitant. I am very afraid that the car might become "boring". I know you said that 2-3 test drives didn't really get you too excited either so what was it that made you take the leap and buy it? More test drives or just
faith? I so want to have one in my garage. They are gorgeous cars with such a "connected" ride-however, the F430 will SMOKE it in the bends. I have never
experienced anything like that! My greatest fear with the Ferrari is that I will feel badly about putting miles on it-because I will!
The 430 will eat you alive in MTC, and not a good driving car other than the track .........sorry super chick magnet(: I test drove the Porsche for about 10 miles, and knew it was a torque issues as you have to factor in the weight reduction. It took me about a month to understand the car, and how to drive it ......remember I have the 7 speed stick. I take it to 8000 RPM while speed shifting and it will snap your neck hauling ass. Remember you're driving a car not broken in yet motor is still kinda rough.

Took a lot of long drives alone in both cars, and I love driving the Porsche. Having both is a cool problem to have. Going to M school Wednesday, and guess what I'm driving to South Carolina(; You're thinking about it more than me as I said one drive, and an hour later it was next to the M5.
Appreciate 0