M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-22-2016, 11:54 PM   #1
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

In the past or recently. I have been doing a significant amount of coding, programming, and diagnostics, but I haven't made any changes to these systems that are acting up. The only other change was an update of connected drive.

- If I press the boot lid close button (not close and lock or convenience close) there is a single, short, high pitch beep that sounds. It's not the locking acoustic tone nor the convenience close buzzer tone.

-if I unlock the car, lock the car, turn on the ignition, shut off the ignition, open or close either front doors, the Blind Spot Warning light in both mirrors flashes once.

- Acoustic Confirmation Lock Tone unselects itself, seat memory disappears, and last position ASS won't stay after one lock. Once the car has gone to sleep, it reverts back.

- I have one profile saved, it shows active and I use the same key every time. (the others are far away)

- Battery shows good and no faults registered.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #2
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Don't think the software in these cars is debugged properly. I had low tire pressure and my check engine light came on (only time it ever came on). I adjusted tire pressures and check engine light went away. I have no coding or mods on my car. Base car + competition package. Go figure!

With your mods, there is invariably something that is causing a glitch. What happens if you restore to default (no coding) condition?
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #3
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer
Don't think the software in these cars is debugged properly. I had low tire pressure and my check engine light came on (only time it ever came on). I adjusted tire pressures and check engine light went away. I have no coding or mods on my car. Base car + competition package. Go figure!

With your mods, there is invariably something that is causing a glitch. What happens if you restore to default (no coding) condition?
There have been some buggy I-Step updates, but My car is still on the same level as it has been since it was finally delivered. My car does have a modified VO from its original build, but I removed the additional FDL changes I had added almost a year ago.

The only thing I've been working on for a few months now is GFHB for LED since the original and only known method doesn't fully enable the function.

I added 5AP and 8S4 back in and double checked the FDL values. Did 3 ignition cycles with 20 mins between each then left it over night.

The little oddities are still there.
Appreciate 0