BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-06-2020, 10:27 PM   #1
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Watch out for: Talal Obeid TJ Pure Performance BMW corrections

Removed at the request of original author.
14 M6 Sakhir Coupe | RK Autowerks Built Motor | G25-660 | Snow Performance Meth | RK DP | 4mm bored throttle bodies | SSP-X | SSP Trans Pan | RK Billet Diff Mount | DSS Axles | Rkautowerks carbon charge pipes | CSF Intercoolers |Akro exhaust | Gapped Plugs |RK intakes | 900whp/930wtq

Last edited by induc916; 10-17-2022 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 11:12 AM   #2
PoolCar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10M5, 997 - 911

Sounds like a complete nightmare!
I would be spitting feathers!
I hope you can resolve this somehow.
Regards.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 12:01 PM   #3
bquicksilver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 - Alpine White CP

Wow, sounds like a nightmare with TJ and Pure Performance. To be fair, I'd really like to hear his side of it, but I really appreciate you giving us your experience!

Back in my Corvette days I had a top shop put a new clutch on my car. Shook, drove like shit. The owner said it was a bad batch from Spec. Finally it got bad enough I thought the car might explode. This time I decided to DIY it. Bought another of the same clutch. The flywheel was installed with SAE bolts instead of metric. Basic error that any shop shouldn't have made.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 12:09 PM   #4
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

No excuse for it not being put back together properly but sometimes things go wrong with cars that have nothing to do with what has been done, many people don't understand cars so they automatically blame the person who worked on it.
I've seen enough bad posts about TJ though to know I wouldn't recommend him.
Appreciate 1
EMETREE173.50
      05-07-2020, 08:21 PM   #5
AlisterB
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
No excuse for it not being put back together properly but sometimes things go wrong with cars that have nothing to do with what has been done, many people don't understand cars so they automatically blame the person who worked on it.
Sometimes, yes. Doesn't appear to be the issue in this case though!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 06:04 AM   #6
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

You cant fix stupid
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 02:10 PM   #7
ONE_slow_m5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 f90 m5

Hey guys TJ here.

The original poster has a car at a competitors shop and just loves trash talking our name anywhere he has.

We did have very small issues with Patrick car and I dont think its right for the OP to go around bashing our name even when it isn't his problem and his own car has been at another shop since October. We are always here to help our customers and have told the Client that actually wrote this book above that he is welcome anytime for me to personally go over all the issues wrong with his car and fix the situation my employees might have done.

Again we are human some mistakes are made all I can do is leave my door open (which it is even after the client wrote a book about it ) I still even till today tell him he is welcome by anytime for us to fix any issue.
      05-08-2020, 03:18 PM   #8
PoolCar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10M5, 997 - 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_JUNK View Post
Hey guys TJ here.

The original poster has a car at a competitors shop and just loves trash talking our name anywhere he has.

We did have very small issues with Patrick car and I dont think its right for the OP to go around bashing our name even when it isn't his problem and his own car has been at another shop since October. We are always here to help our customers and have told the Client that actually wrote this book above that he is welcome anytime for me to personally go over all the issues wrong with his car and fix the situation my employees might have done.

Again we are human some mistakes are made all I can do is leave my door open (which it is even after the client wrote a book about it ) I still even till today tell him he is welcome by anytime for us to fix any issue.
All very noble and well intentioned I'm sure.
But is your company capable of fixing these issues?
I'd love to hear your side of this and to hear positive reviews from your customers.
There are always at least two sides to every dispute.
I'd like to hear why you believe you offer good service and this is a rare or even unique problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 11:45 AM   #9
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolCar View Post
All very noble and well intentioned I'm sure.
But is your company capable of fixing these issues?
I'd love to hear your side of this and to hear positive reviews from your customers.
There are always at least two sides to every dispute.
I'd like to hear why you believe you offer good service and this is a rare or even unique problem.
Given that they can't even ship out a set of wheels in a timely fashion, probably not.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 11:35 AM   #10
carlitosgomesm5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I do not know TJ personally nor have i had my car there either, so this is coming from a completely unbiased place. I do however know cars who have been there and came out there running 0 issues. You cannot please everyone and it sounds to me that if a mistake was made TJ took the right stance and made efforts to correct them, i can tell you by experience not everyone will do that.
Also one thing i know that TJ does is that he logs every car he builds and provides you with the dyno and test running logs. I do not see the same from other places, if the hat fits you know what they say, again unbiased i do not know TJ or his shop personally and haven't even been to Houston like ever. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 11:41 AM   #11
carlitosgomesm5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Also to add the guy who posts this here doesnt even have a running car since heck dont know how long not to mention that at least Patricks car didnt come out of TJ shop with a different block all together as i have heard of other places...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 12:47 PM   #12
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitosgomesm5 View Post
Also to add the guy who posts this here doesnt even have a running car since heck dont know how long not to mention that at least Patricks car didnt come out of TJ shop with a different block all together as i have heard of other places...

14 M6 Sakhir Coupe | RK Autowerks Built Motor | G25-660 | Snow Performance Meth | RK DP | 4mm bored throttle bodies | SSP-X | SSP Trans Pan | RK Billet Diff Mount | DSS Axles | Rkautowerks carbon charge pipes | CSF Intercoolers |Akro exhaust | Gapped Plugs |RK intakes | 900whp/930wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 10:22 PM   #13
rody1285
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

re: pure performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by induc916 View Post
Removed at the request of original author.
I am having a major issue with this shop, why did you remove this post?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 09:49 AM   #14
mwat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & LCI X3 35i M Sport

Garage List
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rody1285 View Post
Probably got threatened.

I had a shop screw me over on a $3k job(spent $10k with them in one sitting) once and although they still operate business today and have tons of 5/5 star reviews they absolutely screwed me BAD. I left fair reviews detailing exactly what happened and was perpetually contacted and threated by them if I did not remove the reviews. Legal action, physical threats xyz. I didn't budge and nothing happened.

My guess is they threatened him with a lawsuit and he said "this isn't worth it" deleted it and walked away.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 10:29 AM   #15
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rody1285 View Post
The original poster posted this on a fb group Talal Obeid TJ Pure Performance BMW corrections

And contacted me months later asking i remove it.

That being said post your dealings with him everywhere that you can find. FB group above, the F10 Forum here, the F10 group on FB also.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 09:08 PM   #16
etnsandman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 Competition

TJ rebuilt my M5 Competition after it spun a bearing and locked up. He rebuilt it and installed new injectors close to 30k miles ago. I have not found any connectors or screws misplaced when I changed plugs a while back or when changing coolant hoses. Car has been rock solid. Every shop will have unhappy customers, but TJ also has many HAPPY customers. You always here more about the problem cases than the good outcomes.
Appreciate 0