M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

03-02-2016, 10:41 PM   #23
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw
Isn't this dangerous to run all the extra boost to get it to 688 with factory cats.?? Pretty sure it is suffocating the car. Unless I'm missing something..

If that's the case.. I'm in taking these rattle boxes off my car aka down pipes and I'd be happy with 670-680 rwhp with factory cats.
Its 22lbs. Thats less than jb and this is not tricking anything parameters are all open and access so i trust the tune better than tricking it. Imo
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 10:43 PM   #24
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Isn't this dangerous to run all the extra boost to get it to 688 with factory cats.?? Pretty sure it is suffocating the car. Unless I'm missing something..

If that's the case.. I'm in taking these rattle boxes off my car aka down pipes and I'd be happy with 670-680 rwhp with factory cats.
Tbh the wastegate gets annoying in traffic stop n go and hear the rattle. Lol. M6 stock dp and catback meisterschaft only quiet and no rattles. And hes happy!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 10:57 PM   #25
ARC550
Major
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, 720s, X5, 750xi

I just want that magic 650Whp+ with just tune and I'm 1 Happy camper! Lol

And I agree allot better and safer then tricking computer
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 11:02 PM   #26
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F10M5Manual View Post
Tbh the wastegate gets annoying in traffic stop n go and hear the rattle. Lol. M6 stock dp and catback meisterschaft only quiet and no rattles. And hes happy!
I'm seriously debating removing these damn things. Someone needs to come up with a solution to this. Shit you know how many people would buy it.. Not sure how but it's got to be possible to quiet that damn rattle. Our cars are two beautiful and refined for something so damn annoying.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 11:03 PM   #27
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F10M5Manual View Post
I'm seriously debating removing these damn things. Someone needs to come up with a solution to this. Shit you know how many people would buy it.. Not sure how but it's got to be possible to quiet that damn rattle. Our cars are two beautiful and refined for something so damn annoying.
No chance in fixing it but to replace w/stock
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #28
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Its 22lbs. Thats less than jb and this is not tricking anything parameters are all open and access so i trust the tune better than tricking it. Imo
Appreciate 0