M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

06-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #23
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I wonder if we could still get this discount from BMW for those of us who are already BMW FS customers but only have a confirmed order for Euro Delivery for the F10 M5. I'll check it out soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
You should be able to get the discount even if you have the confirmed order for ED for the M5. The actual BMW FS documents havent been executed since no MF/APR and Residual have been published. Once they publish, expected on 7/10, then dealers will start being able to finalize the financial side of the order. Right now everyone, who has an ED order confirmed for pickup, should be approved by BMW FS with the regional rate. Once the final rates are released the finance manager will finalize based on any sales support that BMW FS is offering for the vehicle. If sales support is being offered the dealer has the right to markup the "buy rate" of the MF by at most .0004. If there is no sales support then the dealer can markup the "buy rate" by X. In speaking to my dealer today he told me that he will not being marking up the "buy rate".
cmhsam is correct. The fint print in the app says the discount is applicable on any purchase, lease or order placed between June 20 and July 31. You just need your CA to work with you in getting it applied to your order.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7

Last edited by AGS; 06-21-2012 at 08:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #24
AGS
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Exactly, I was going to use the word moot too. Haha!

And I'd be willing to bet $10 bucks that someone can't find a dealer that is not marking up the F10 M5 for U.S. Delivery by thousands of dollars right now. But hey $500 bucks is $500 bucks I guess.
Actually, not all dealers are dirtbags. The two dealers I talk to regularly are filling their orders at MSRP.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #25
Bmill
E39, E60 and now F10
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Thriple Black

So I'm just the accountant here... We need the lawyers to weigh in.

There seems to be four parts, two are easy to proactively due. Down load the app and go for a drive.

The third is a matter of facts..... Do you have a current lease or loan with BmW FS.

Four seems to be a bit of a issue. The purchase, lease or order between June 20 and July 31. I don't see how any of us are going to make the July deadline for the purchase or lease, none of us will have a car by then. So just when did I order my car? I sure had my information into the BMW system before yesterday. Heck I might have order this car a year ago when I put $500. Down on a waiting list! So who is going decide, BMW at the time of my first payment..... That seems like a losing proposition.

Oh well maybe taking a salesperson for a joy ride it value enough.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #26
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmill View Post
So I'm just the accountant here... We need the lawyers to weigh in.

There seems to be four parts, two are easy to proactively due. Down load the app and go for a drive.

The third is a matter of facts..... Do you have a current lease or loan with BmW FS.

Four seems to be a bit of a issue. The purchase, lease or order between June 20 and July 31. I don't see how any of us are going to make the July deadline for the purchase or lease, none of us will have a car by then. So just when did I order my car? I sure had my information into the BMW system before yesterday. Heck I might have order this car a year ago when I put $500. Down on a waiting list! So who is going decide, BMW at the time of my first payment..... That seems like a losing proposition.

Oh well maybe taking a salesperson for a joy ride it value enough.
So my understanding is that buyers who are doing ED will have to sign all the paperwork about 30 days before the scheduled pickup of the vehicle. For a lot of us it seems to be around 9/1 or 9/3. There was a previous thread which was started around lease inception on ED vehicles. In speaking with my CA last Friday he told me that once the programs are released for the vehicle they will ask me to come back in and do all the final paperwork and put any remaining monies down, including first payment. I am going to maximize the amount of MSD's. Therefore at this time would be the point of lease inception, i would think? So if the buyer can get that completed by July 31, they should be able to take advantage of the offer.

Part two of the verbiage includes the word "order". I would, once again assume, that we should qualify as well based on the order timelines.

I am no expert just trying to make sense of this as well. I dont know how this will work for those who are not doing ED since the vehicles are not supposed to arrive in the US until late August.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #27
AGS
Major
Rep

Quote:
Bmill - I am assuming that my CA is going to do what is necessary to get the discount applied to my order. The working in the fine print of the promotion is very vague, so there seems to be some wiggle room intentionally left there by BMW. Their lawyers could have added a few more sentences to make it iron clad, but they chose not to. I would hope they would realize that refusing to give a bunch of loayl BMW M buyers the shaft on this offer, which has very insignificant financial impact given how short the promotion window is, would be marketing suicide and completely counteract what they are trying to achieve.

However, many companies have done really dumb things before!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
So my understanding is that buyers who are doing ED will have to sign all the paperwork about 30 days before the scheduled pickup of the vehicle. For a lot of us it seems to be around 9/1 or 9/3. There was a previous thread which was started around lease inception on ED vehicles. In speaking with my CA last Friday he told me that once the programs are released for the vehicle they will ask me to come back in and do all the final paperwork and put any remaining monies down, including first payment. I am going to maximize the amount of MSD's. Therefore at this time would be the point of lease inception, i would think? So if the buyer can get that completed by July 31, they should be able to take advantage of the offer.

Part two of the verbiage includes the word "order". I would, once again assume, that we should qualify as well based on the order timelines.

I am no expert just trying to make sense of this as well. I dont know how this will work for those who are not doing ED since the vehicles are not supposed to arrive in the US until late August.
cmhsam - according to my CA, we won't actually execute the lease documents (such that the lease period begins) until two weeks ahead of the delivery date. I for one will not sign any earlier then that, and have asked my dealer how much longer we can wait. The earlier the lease starts, the more time I'm paying for without the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #28
cmhsam
Major
Rep

@AGS...you are correct. I too dont want to be paying on a vehicle that I do not have. When I spoke with my CA I told him to post date the documents so that the show a late Aug date for that two week buffer.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #29
i3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 650i Vert

My CA just told me that this discount is not available to ED's. Has anyone else heard this?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #30
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3 View Post
My CA just told me that this discount is not available to ED's. Has anyone else heard this?
On their website, http://www.ultimatedriveapp.com/legal.html, it just shows US Customers Only but I couldnt find anything related to ED. Last I checked we are US customers!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #31
i3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 650i Vert

Is there any way I can verify if it's available to ED customers?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #32
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3 View Post
Is there any way I can verify if it's available to ED customers?
I have emailed my CA for help as well
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #33
Bmill
E39, E60 and now F10
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Thriple Black

Wiggle room is good.

For at least one party

Possibly the second party, depending on the first parties approach.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #34
cmhsam
Major
Rep

My CA confirmed that ED customers are eligible
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #35
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Hate to publicly condradict but although ED customers ARE eligible, those of us doing the early ED are NOT eligible. Just confrimed this from my dealer. (due to the time window)
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #36
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Hate to publicly condradict but although ED customers ARE eligable, those of us doing the early ED are NOT eligable. Just confrimed this from my dealer. (due to the time window)
Can you expound on what parameter is throwing you out of the running for being eligible? Why would a later ED be eligible? Does this have to do with your perceived order date?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #37
LAKEOM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Black Sapphire

Quote:
Wiggle room is good.

For at least one party

Possibly the second party, depending on the first parties approach.

I like to wiggle when I party!! having a wiggle room would be awesome for many parties!

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #38
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Program extended through 7/31/12
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #39
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Hate to publicly condradict but although ED customers ARE eligable, those of us doing the early ED are NOT eligable. Just confrimed this from my dealer. (due to the time window)
Can you expound on what parameter is throwing you out of the running for being eligible? Why would a later ED be eligible? Does this have to do with your perceived order date?
Yes, basically those of us doing the early ED are out of the window (too early) if you do it within the window you may be eligible.
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0