M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

06-11-2018, 11:14 AM   #1
BB6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Best BMW Illinois performance and/or maintenance shops?

Anyone in Illinois have any drivetrain mods completed. I am switching to DSS axles and need a good shop that is trusted to pull mine and install the DSS ones I'm getting. Really contemplating not doing it myself if I can get a decent price. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 03:02 PM   #2
Chauncey.Bishop
Big girls don't cry.
India
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Are you close to BMW of Westmont? I've frequently worked with a SA there that has always taken great care of my car.
      06-14-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
BB6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Thanks for the reply. I actually did pull them myself and sent them out. I would still like to know a good BMW performance shop in Illinois. Im in Naperville so kind of centrally located in the Chicago land. I plan on putting in SSP clutches next, but I don't want to attempt that on my own. I do have ISTA D but not ISTA P. I was hoping to find someone with some knowledge that maybe could educate me on it. I have only used it to read and clear codes so far. I like the software, and Im pretty mechanically inclined, but when it come to programming or taking further steps I have no knowledge of that. Anyone interested in offering some lessons?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
Chauncey.Bishop
Big girls don't cry.
India
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB6 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I actually did pull them myself and sent them out. I would still like to know a good BMW performance shop in Illinois. Im in Naperville so kind of centrally located in the Chicago land. I plan on putting in SSP clutches next, but I don't want to attempt that on my own. I do have ISTA D but not ISTA P. I was hoping to find someone with some knowledge that maybe could educate me on it. I have only used it to read and clear codes so far. I like the software, and Im pretty mechanically inclined, but when it come to programming or taking further steps I have no knowledge of that. Anyone interested in offering some lessons?
Great, I'll PM you the name and contact info of the German shop that I use based out of Naperville. He's a bit of a drive but the guy is a veteran and really knows his stuff.