OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post

Plus, the entry point for this thread was initially a news article on pkilla. That's nice that it is sourced out of the M forum, but that was not the main entry point for everyone reading this thread.
You're incorrect. This thread started before the Jalopnik article where the OP posted Pkilla's YouTube videos and commented on how he was displeased with them. As the story unfolded and the Jalopnik article was released, the thread has since been updated, including the first original post.

Here's the google chached page of what the first post originally looked like prior prior to being updated - you will see no mention of Jalopnik:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Also, check the time stamps of the first post, which was created Wednesday, 12 June. Jalopnik article was released Monday, 17 June. The first post was then updated.
Attached Images

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 06-22-2013 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #244
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Im urban legend!
I'm an elitist new age mixed tape guy.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #245
E92mech
E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 Le Mans M-Sport

Amazing how trollish BMWrules7 is being. If it were about the guy simply admiring the cars, everyone would also admire him and think he's cool.

It's not. It's about him doing something harmful to the cars. Not class warfare, not sociology, nothing else. Period. And if you think redlining a cold engine isn't bad...well...good luck to you, sir.

But then again, apparently if somebody took a dump on your brand new car, you wouldn't care, because then you'd be elitist.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #246
MJones3
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: RWD

Quote:
But, statistically speaking, the average BMW will have its life terminated due to the driver having wrapped his ultimate machine around a pole during its average 20 year span. By the time the cumulative effects of revving the engine without a load are fully realised, as depicted in the video, the BMW is likely to have passed to the crusher at the hands of your typical a$$hole BMW driver.
uhm.. what?

Anyway, this isn't all about the potential damage to the engine. It's about someone disrespecting other people's property.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #247
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
But, statistically speaking, the average BMW will have its life terminated due to the driver having wrapped his ultimate machine around a pole during its average 20 year span.
I would like to see such statistics of the average BMW wrapping the car around a pole.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #248
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDyDinanM
Quote:

Plus, the entry point for this thread was initially a news article on pkilla. That's nice that it is sourced out of the M forum, but that was not the main entry point for everyone reading this thread.
You're incorrect. This thread started before the Jalopnik article where the OP posted Pkilla's YouTube videos and commented on how he was displeased with them. As the story unfolded and the Jalopnik article was released, the thread has since been updated, including the first original post.

Here's the google chached page of what the first post originally looked like prior prior to being updated - you will see no mention of Jalopnik:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Also, check the time stamps of the first post, which was created Wednesday, 12 June. Jalopnik article was released Monday, 17 June. The first post was then updated.
What? I am talking about the entry point under the news section for this site.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #249
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92mech
Amazing how trollish BMWrules7 is being. If it were about the guy simply admiring the cars, everyone would also admire him and think he's cool.

It's not. It's about him doing something harmful to the cars. Not class warfare, not sociology, nothing else. Period. And if you think redlining a cold engine isn't bad...well...good luck to you, sir.

But then again, apparently if somebody took a dump on your brand new car, you wouldn't care, because then you'd be elitist.
You don't feel confident enough about your position on its merits, so you have to take the low road and claim I am trollish.

I have given you every opportunity to provide evidence that cold revving the car the way PK did would harm the motor.

The only thing you provide are insults.

I will take it to mean you have no real support for your position that PK harmed the cars.

You should withdraw your post(s) claiming PK harmed the motor by revving it.

Put up or shut . . .
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #250
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
I interpreted the meaning of your comment differently
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #251
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
You guys are still bickering about this? There are way more important things to bitch about.

Let it go. We have a shitty economy, we may be going to war, relatives are ill, we are in debt, etc.... Who cares about this...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #252
E92mech
E92
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BMWrules7, you ask, I provide:

From 2010 3-series BMWNA manufacturer's manual, pp. 118: recommends warming up engine as quickly as possible. See below.

On the topic of cold-start lubrication:
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/faq...=haas_articles

On the topic of cold revving GDI engines:
http://www.cartalk.com/content/today...e-cause-damage

On the topic of the fact that piston aircraft pilots have standard techniques to preheat engines to mitigate the risk of in-flight engine failure:
http://www.avweb.com/news/maint/182846-1.html
http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/prof...-big-deal.html
http://www.midwestflyer.com/?p=5742
http://www.faasafety.gov/gslac/alc/l....aspx?id=10520

Or look at any FAA cold weather flying directive recommending piston engine preheat and/or oil pre-circulation sumps. The FAA recognizes the need to have adequate engine lubrication at startup.

Not to mention the fact that commercial diesels, generators and other mission-critical applications utilizing piston technology all rely on preheating to provide adequate engine lubrication prior to increasing engine speed.

BMWrules7: Please provide us with references that cold starting an engine and operating it at maximum speed before heating and oil lubrication has taken place does not cause damage. We all look forward to your response.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #253
E92mech
E92
United_States
Rep

Oh, and I forgot these other ones:

For an explanation of cold start low oil pressure
http://lubricants.s5.com/oil_pressure.htm

Or see under section labeled "Journal bearings"
http://www.tribology-abc.com/abc/engine.htm

Or just look right at the ASTM studies, like this one:
http://books.google.com/books?id=GQS...ed=0CEAQ6AEwAg
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #254
MRSSIIM3
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SO

what the F*** is this thread and why did i just spend 20 mins reading every page

everyone needs to calm down
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #255
ufgtrs2007
dentite
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4, M2C, JLU392, e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
PKilla is attaining legendary status / swag as we speak!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #256
Judah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E46 M3

Below is what the current owner of the orange M6 in one or more of the videos of issue had to say about the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchozen
The M6 in the video is my car, matched vin and everything. Yes it did bother me at first, closer to infuriating me, but hey...what can I say...I still love my M6 and it drives perfectly fine. All I can say is, don't post ur joy ride video in public, it creates an over-exaggerated controversy.

Now...back to enjoying the beautiful machinery that was designed and built to endure some "abuse"--don't we all agree?? have a nice day everyone!

Why is this still an issue being debated ?

Some of you Bimmerpost members just seem to like to whine and complain. It's almost as if you're not happy unless you are whining and complaining about something or anything. Please get over yourselves, you are nothing special. You haven't done anything that someone else hasn't already done.
I am writing this directly to YOU, the person or persons who now feel insulted by what they've just read.

Good Day Sir....
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #257
MJones3
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah View Post
Below is what the current owner of the orange M6 in one or more of the videos of issue had to say about the matter.

Why is this still an issue being debated ?

Some of you Bimmerpost members just seem to like to whine and complain. It's almost as if you're not happy unless you are whining and complaining about something or anything. Please get over yourselves, you are nothing special. You haven't done anything that someone else hasn't already done.
I am writing this directly to YOU, the person or persons who now feel insulted by what they've just read.

Good Day Sir....
I think it's because people are complaining about us complaining. We then explain why we are complaining, and then we get complaints about that as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #258
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Why are you some of you guys being such douchebags? "750 bro" had an opinion and he stated it. Granted, calling you guys "elitist pigs" was going a bit too far, but you guys overreacted as well. You guys are well within your rights to complain about something like this, as there's a REASON BMW says not to do this. As for Pkilla, I think he just didn't know that this is detrimental to the car. As I was saying before, he doesn't know enough about these cars to make a decent review. Should he have been fired? Yes. It was not his property. I don't care what it is, if someone lends me something, I treat it better than I treat my own stuff. However, the real problem here was already stated by someone else...he is a TERRIBLE rapper. LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #259
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
nah, his only crime is not having his rap songs appreciated...until now.
HAHA! Love the sig
      06-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #260
Orient blue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine M5

Not to revive this crazy thread but had something very amusing happen to me last night...was at the sox game and had to valet the M5. When I went to leave I was waiting for my car and one of the attendants comes up to me and said "is that your M?" I said yes, his reply "Yo that things a beast!!" My first thought was pkilla??? Then second thought was how much did you drive it to realize its a beast? I tried explaining the whole pkilla thing to the wife, but I still don't think she has any idea what I was talking about.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #261
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient blue
Not to revive this crazy thread but had something very amusing happen to me last night...was at the sox game and had to valet the M5. When I went to leave I was waiting for my car and one of the attendants comes up to me and said "is that your M?" I said yes, his reply "Yo that things a beast!!" My first thought was pkilla??? Then second thought was how much did you drive it to realize its a beast? I tried explaining the whole pkilla thing to the wife, but I still don't think she has any idea what I was talking about.
Oh God, I would go get your car checked out immediately LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #262
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient blue
Note to self: be wary of anybody that calls your M car a beast. It could be pkilla. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #263
Falcao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

This thread is not dead?
Pkilla is fired, folks still crying about abused car that is not theirs, owner of said car Pkilla abused found the bruhaha overblown and other people giving their car to valet Nice.

This is what i said earlier: The forum members complaining the most about Pkilla probably valet their car. Anyone that cares about their cars and lets it get valet should be shot.

To the guy that posted about valet and car being called it a beast: You think valet guy can't see quad pipes, wider wheel arch, wide tires, m badges to the moon? Of course it is a beast and don't valet car if you are paranoid about abuse. It is that simple.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #264
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Strange, I can't remember any of the valets at the Welt calling my M3 a beast...
Appreciate 0