Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-06-2013, 04:31 AM   #1
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly drove a 13 F10 M5

Had a little fun with an M3 yesterday / Missed Connection

I am near Knoxville this weekend. I headed up yesterday and not too long after my journey started I met up with a late model M3. While I don't have any pictures to show (sorry I was flying solo), he and I had some fun with some short bursts of speed and alternating the lead.

You know when you think you are having too much fun and at some point you are going to get caught? Well, that was 'almost' my yesterday. We had been having this on/off fun for a few miles (as line of sight would allow) and then settled back into normal driving.

Then, moments later, (what appears to have been) a blacked out state trooper in a dodge charger (just black, no marking other than the in cab light array and trunk mount antennas) goes by us. Never saw him, never passed him, he must have just been heading the same direction.

Aside: I need Ford to bring back the Crowne Vic as there are just too many different enforcement options on the market for me to silhouette identify at a fast pace.

So in summary, I/we had fun, were lucky, and I must be getting old because I/we stopped in time.

I was impressed with the power the M3 had (didn't get a chance to stop and talk to the guy to see if it was stock or modified - outwardly it was clean). Unsure if he frequents the forums, but if he does you can consider this last part a 'missed connections' thread like on Craigslist.
Appreciate 0