Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #23
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
We have something equivalent in Miami. The MacArthur Causeway.

And just like with the FDR it's more thrilling at night.

Respectfully, that is a pristine road (and just a movie) -- no challenge there. No joke, for those of us that drive in NYC, eye on the road has an expanded meanings, e.g., there is a part of the FDR Drive, southbound underneath the UN, where the right lane has such extreme undulations that drivers in the know avoid that lane by instead driving in the pot-holed middle lane, and only get in the right lane at the very last minute to take the 34th Street exit. Only newbies drive in that right lane. I have driven in Miami a bunch of times, and it is paradise compared to NYC. And then there was day that a guy in a wheel chair was rolling himself down the middle of 7th Avenue....
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #24
nugent
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

I drove to NYC many a Friday night leaving straight from work in Boston. that was when I had my Corsica. I found the way into the city without paying a bridge toll. sometimes though I'd exit too early and find myself in Harlem around midnight. that's when I was glad to be in the Corsica. no one paid me any attention.

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #25
Danmar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 blk/blk

I had individual champaigne merino in my last E60 M5. I liked the look a lot but was a challenge to keep clean. There was color transfer from leather jackets to the seat back which I could not remove. Got used to it eventually. For my current F10 I ordered black interior. I like to change things up a bit and the black looks understated and sophisticated in my view.

Color choice is so personal, I don't think anonymous advice is too useful. As well, color choice won't change the fact that this is a great car that will bring a smile to your face each time you drive it. It's like the old song "Beauty is only skin deep"
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #26
Russkey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW AW 550xi

Garage List
2012 550xi  [10.00]
AW or SMB
      04-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #27
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

I had a long personal debate on what color to get as well. I was looking at all the subtle colors to pass under the radar, but this car just looked boring to me in any other color but MCB. It just looked like any other 5 or 7 series in the North East. The MCB also makes the car more athletic looking, and smaller in scale. Not to mention gives it that special edition feel. But the attention is not for everyone. I'm not working in a large corporate park where peers judge me, so I can get away with it.
If I need low key I grab my wife's slate gray 328 or my space gray 135i...
Here's an iphone photo for ya..
      04-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #28
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
I had a long personal debate on what color to get as well. I was looking at all the subtle colors to pass under the radar, but this car just looked boring to me in any other color but MCB. It just looked like any other 5 or 7 series in the North East. The MCB also makes the car more athletic looking, and smaller in scale. Not to mention gives it that special edition feel. But the attention is not for everyone. I'm not working in a large corporate park where peers judge me, so I can get away with it.
If I need low key I grab my wife's slate gray 328 or my space gray 135i...
Here's an iphone photo for ya..
MCB is gorgeous! Beautiful photo too. But for the love of Pete, nix those amber reflectors