Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #89
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Nope he didn't pull the trigger ........he resisted the force young skywalker is strong.

Maybe Coldlist has a twin sister that he doesnt know about (ala Leia) LOL- maybe we can get her to buy one
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #90
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Maybe Coldlist has a twin sister that he doesnt know about (ala Leia) LOL- maybe we can get her to buy one
And the Carerra would be PERFECT for any sister or one of her friends..maybe my niece-lol!

I REALLY tried so hard to like the C2S and C4S. I flew back in to Atl on an 8:30 flight, stopped home for 30 minutes and went to 2 different Porsche dealers. I drove the crap out of both cars ALL DAY LONG. I just could NOT see what all the excitement was about. I loved the cars but I just had that feeling of the car "holding back". It gave me that "ugh" feeling. I had a SWEET deal worked out on a gorgeous silver/black C2S with the Aero Cup Kit and HRE P40's (dealer installed) and I just could not pull the trigger. They launched incredibly well but what got mine was when I was rolling 35 mph and stomped on the gas there was just NOTHING. My M cars would WALK all over them. I know, I know, the handling...blah blah blah. I think I am a bit like Dave (prob more than either of us car to admit) in that I love the raw power and being thrown into my seat. With the C4S and C2S it just is not there. I don't care what the numbers are 0-60, etc. If I don't FEEL that pull then it is not going to work. In the end one of the sales guys said "You're not a track guy. You are a Turbo guy. You want to blow past everyone". I said "Yep". He took my email address and said he'd let me know when the first Turbo hit. I jumped in my M5, stomped on the gas and got a huge smile on my face as the tires spun and I roared off down the road....

Hahahaha...Like I said, I guess I am one of those "freaks"!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #91
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
And the Carerra would be PERFECT for any sister or one of her friends..maybe my niece-lol!

I REALLY tried so hard to like the C2S and C4S. I flew back in to Atl on an 8:30 flight, stopped home for 30 minutes and went to 2 different Porsche dealers. I drove the crap out of both cars ALL DAY LONG. I just could NOT see what all the excitement was about. I loved the cars but I just had that feeling of the car "holding back". It gave me that "ugh" feeling. I had a SWEET deal worked out on a gorgeous silver/black C2S with the Aero Cup Kit and HRE P40's (dealer installed) and I just could not pull the trigger. They launched incredibly well but what got mine was when I was rolling 35 mph and stomped on the gas there was just NOTHING. My M cars would WALK all over them. I know, I know, the handling...blah blah blah. I think I am a bit like Dave (prob more than either of us car to admit) in that I love the raw power and being thrown into my seat. With the C4S and C2S it just is not there. I don't care what the numbers are 0-60, etc. If I don't FEEL that pull then it is not going to work. In the end one of the sales guys said "You're not a track guy. You are a Turbo guy. You want to blow past everyone". I said "Yep". He took my email address and said he'd let me know when the first Turbo hit. I jumped in my M5, stomped on the gas and got a huge smile on my face as the tires spun and I roared off down the road....

We hear ya! For me I love the one two punch. Beauty and the beast.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #92
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:

I think it takes looking at other cars, to make you realise what we have got in the M5. I think, what we have got in the M5/M6 is a powerhouse of a car, at a bargain price. I have recently been through looking at Porsche again, with the GT3, and i didnt order one either. If you are a turbo/torque guy, i feel its hard to go to a N/A car, as you inevitably have to rev the nuts off these to get the performance, whereas with the torque monsters of today, you can just be lazy, and just blow by most cars. I liken it, to a 250cc Motocross bike, versus a 125cc bike, you have to keep the throttle nailed on the 125, but just roll on the throttle on the 250, which makes it an easier and less violent ride than the 125. Its good to look around though, as it refreshes your mind, as to what you already have, if you made the correct decision in the first place. The new turbo will be just awesome, but a new Turbo S over here, will cost me around £75K sterling more than my new M5, and thats just not worth it to me again. Im sticking with BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #93
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Yep when you have a good wife that can cook, and makes you happy don't look at the tall thin poll dancer(: The choice can get very expensive on both fronts. Don't get me wrong I love my M5 somedays it's not the weapon of choice. Me and my son are going to Stone Mountain for a nice hike, and the M will get is there pretty quick.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #94
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
I think it takes looking at other cars, to make you realise what we have got in the M5. I think, what we have got in the M5/M6 is a powerhouse of a car, at a bargain price. I have recently been through looking at Porsche again, with the GT3, and i didnt order one either. If you are a turbo/torque guy, i feel its hard to go to a N/A car, as you inevitably have to rev the nuts off these to get the performance, whereas with the torque monsters of today, you can just be lazy, and just blow by most cars. I liken it, to a 250cc Motocross bike, versus a 125cc bike, you have to keep the throttle nailed on the 125, but just roll on the throttle on the 250, which makes it an easier and less violent ride than the 125. Its good to look around though, as it refreshes your mind, as to what you already have, if you made the correct decision in the first place. The new turbo will be just awesome, but a new Turbo S over here, will cost me around £75K sterling more than my new M5, and thats just not worth it to me again. Im sticking with BMW.
I could not have put it any better. For the money there is simply not a better car than the M. If you are constantly revving that Porsche it can go but it is almost like you are "working" at it all the time. I drove my wife's M6 last night and it was such a blast. In one trip over to Tim's (starchild) shop, I get 2 compliments and a third guy stops in the shop parking lot to take pictures of it. I don't know. I guess I like the attention too!

I only hope I don't like the turbo too much when it hits the streets!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #95
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Buy it and take it to RUF in Dallas. They should have their supercharger kit for the car ready by now. Great group of guys.

=)

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #96
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
We hear ya! For me I love the one two punch. Beauty and the beast.
I am with you brother, Torque Monsters all the way, the new Porsches do nothing for me.
They look great though.
      08-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #97
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02
Buy it and take it to RUF in Dallas. They should have their supercharger kit for the car ready by now. Great group of guys.

=)

Quote:

Oh man don't do that to me-lol!

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #98
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
I flew up to Dallas I guess it was 07-08?? To look at a c4s supercharged RUF that had less than 500miles. Ugly color green but the car put a smile on my face. WOW! I was driving with the mech. he assured me there were no cops... Well we (I) got a ticket. A biker cop was off his bike shooting laser. Long story short I have dreamed about that car many times. Ultimately the deal did not work out. I was looking to lease and their lease guy and I could not come to an agreement. So we ordered a 997.1.

Will bring one of the cars up there to get tuned one day.

When you get it done let me know... I may drive it back to atl for you at no charge you would own a rare car.

Last edited by Spinny02; 08-02-2013 at 07:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #99
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Just took the kids to a movie, and I'm the cool dad. But date night it's Porsche time(: Enjoy your cars .........
Cool dad indeed but I think younger girls/women would prefer M5 than the little toy-looking Porsche. Unless they just want to be "omg i'm in that sports car on TV". I remember embarrassing a 911 Turbo on a highway in my M5 last year, he thought he would teach me a lesson on a highway and that was his mistake
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #100
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
I remember embarrassing a 911 Turbo on a highway in my M5 last year, he thought he would teach me a lesson on a highway and that was his mistake
I love schooling sports cars as well. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #101
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Kinda of disagree with you there women have no idea what's a M5. It's a guy thing for us, and I get looks from young and old in the Porsche. By the way I could care yes because the one I have could care less about cars which is perfect for me. I have said before you can make anything go fast right? I'm not pro or con here I drive both, and they have different purposes. The Porsche is a true track car, and works on the street. Check the lap times on the previous GT3, and the 991S there're almost the same. Enjoy your M5
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #102
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02
I flew up to Dallas I guess it was 07-08?? To look at a c4s supercharged RUF that had less than 500miles. Ugly color green but the car put a smile on my face. WOW! I was driving with the mech. he assured me there were no cops... Well we (I) got a ticket. A biker cop was off his bike shooting laser. Long story short I have dreamed about that car many times. Ultimately the deal did not work out. I was looking to lease and their lease guy and I could not come to an agreement. So we ordered a 997.1.

Will bring one of the cars up there to get tuned one day.

When you get it done let me know... I may drive it back to atl for you at no charge you would own a rare car.
Yeah tempting bit I am resolved to loving my new M6 at this point. Done car shopping for another year. :-)

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #103
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6
Kinda of disagree with you there women have no idea what's a M5. It's a guy thing for us, and I get looks from young and old in the Porsche. By the way I could care yes because the one I have could care less about cars which is perfect for me. I have said before you can make anything go fast right? I'm not pro or con here I drive both, and they have different purposes. The Porsche is a true track car, and works on the street. Check the lap times on the previous GT3, and the 991S there're almost the same. Enjoy your M5
I don't know about you Henry but women always just bat their eyelashes at me. Nothing at all to do with the car-lol!

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #104
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H
Quote:

I think it takes looking at other cars, to make you realise what we have got in the M5. I think, what we have got in the M5/M6 is a powerhouse of a car, at a bargain price. I have recently been through looking at Porsche again, with the GT3, and i didnt order one either. If you are a turbo/torque guy, i feel its hard to go to a N/A car, as you inevitably have to rev the nuts off these to get the performance, whereas with the torque monsters of today, you can just be lazy, and just blow by most cars. I liken it, to a 250cc Motocross bike, versus a 125cc bike, you have to keep the throttle nailed on the 125, but just roll on the throttle on the 250, which makes it an easier and less violent ride than the 125. Its good to look around though, as it refreshes your mind, as to what you already have, if you made the correct decision in the first place. The new turbo will be just awesome, but a new Turbo S over here, will cost me around 75K sterling more than my new M5, and thats just not worth it to me again. Im sticking with BMW.
Where did you get to look at a 991 GT3?
      08-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #105
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Done car shopping for another year. :-)
      08-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #106
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6
Quote:
Done car shopping for another year. :-)
Hahahahahahaha....trying to make myself believe :-)

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 02:24 AM   #107
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

Quote:
In the end one of the sales guys said "You're not a track guy. You are a Turbo guy. You want to blow past everyone". I said "Yep".
This.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 03:46 AM   #108
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
Where did you get to look at a 991 GT3?
Didnt look at a physical GT3, dont think they are being delivered over here yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #109
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I don't know about you Henry but women always just bat their eyelashes at me. Nothing at all to do with the car-lol!
It's the engine rev(:
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #110
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6
Quote:
It's the engine rev(:
Ha! Perhaps :-)

Appreciate 0