BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Closed Thread

08-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #67
alexey21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Turbo

I caved too. I am currently looking for an old Porsche as a project car. A 964, or a 993.

Or a lightly used 997 or 991
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #68
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Thanks man! I can tell you for CERTAIN that if you read Vic's comments above you will TOTALLY get it. This is PRECISELY how the car is. You will NOT love it on your first test drive because you have to come down form the M5 Torque Juice.

But after you drive it several times and get it up to speed on the highway it is game over. And the launch...wow! As Vic said-not rocket science like the M5. And you actually get "control" not "spin sideways and watch the other guy take off".

I can tell you without question that it is by far the best move I have ever made. I was so committed to sticking with the M6 order or just keeping my M5. I actually started to turn around on my way to the dealer the last time I test drove it. It was like I was fighting myself but I just could not help myself. As Henry wold say "The Force is strong"-lol!

I shutter to think about how close I came to not allowing myself to experience ownership of this glorious machine.-quite literally.

Of course, I do have an M car in the garage to enjoy too when I get that need for a crazy torque run!
Right on. Yeah, it is interesting as after this weekend tracking the M5 at Laguna Seca it pushed me over the edge into the camp of lightweight nimble performance over HP and TQ. Just much more fun to drive. Yes, different animals but if I had to choose one, it would be P-car. BUT, I am going to hedge my bet and wait until next June to see what the M4 holds.
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #69
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
Right on. Yeah, it is interesting as after this weekend tracking the M5 at Laguna Seca it pushed me over the edge into the camp of lightweight nimble performance over HP and TQ. Just much more fun to drive. Yes, different animals but if I had to choose one, it would be P-car. BUT, I am going to hedge my bet and wait until next June to see what the M4 holds.

This is where Im at too- monster hp cars with tq but also with bloated curb weight is not what I prefer. I do have such cars but they serve a different purpose. Im currently enjoying a great mix of cars from the mash and go cruisers to the lighter nimble cars that really ask me to be a better driver and provide more in regards to a visceral driving experience. I love sound and the rpms of the Pcar hitting 8400 is just magic- much like the R8 V10 roar in the same range.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #70
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

Fantastic P.
Can't blame you.
      08-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #71
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Give him a week! Then the GT3 will be on order/listed =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
its crazy the raves this car is getting.

so why wouldnt you go with the powerkit? or the gt3! just imagine if the s is that good, what the gt3 is like...

i bet with the extra 30 hp the 911s with powerkit would pull on the m5/6 on the highway, and from a dig, obviously. gt3 would be no contest.

its supposed to do 0-100 in 7.5 seconds.

theres a chance my deal on the cls63S 4matic may not go through, if it doesnt, im putting a deposit on a gt3.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #72
Mperial
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3, 2017 X1

Congrats, Mike. It was entertaining to witness your P-car psychosis whenever the topic arose.
Excellent choice - enjoy it in the best of health...

Last edited by Mperial; 08-29-2013 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #73
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post

This is where Im at too- monster hp cars with tq but also with bloated curb weight is not what I prefer. I do have such cars but they serve a different purpose. Im currently enjoying a great mix of cars from the mash and go cruisers to the lighter nimble cars that really ask me to be a better driver and provide more in regards to a visceral driving experience. I love sound and the rpms of the Pcar hitting 8400 is just magic- much like the R8 V10 roar in the same range.
As you know, this is exactly how I feel. Just sent you a PM. We just picked up the F12 cab from having my M5 DP installed. I was following the wife home as she was driving it and it sounded so good on OEM exhaust only. It was loud but not crazy. Sounded like a tuned V8. Really could not sound any better IMO. The cabs already have a better exhaust note but is had me rolling down the windows to listen as she stomped on it :-)

Putting an ECU tune, PDK tune and X Pipe on the P car tomm! Can't wait! Once again Vic, thanks for the hookup.

Fellow members, it should be noted here that Vic can be hazardous to your health. He just feeds this sickness we all seem to have.

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #74
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02
Give him a week! Then the GT3 will be on order/listed =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
its crazy the raves this car is getting.

so why wouldnt you go with the powerkit? or the gt3! just imagine if the s is that good, what the gt3 is like...

i bet with the extra 30 hp the 911s with powerkit would pull on the m5/6 on the highway, and from a dig, obviously. gt3 would be no contest.

its supposed to do 0-100 in 7.5 seconds.

theres a chance my deal on the cls63S 4matic may not go through, if it doesnt, im putting a deposit on a gt3.
I DO NOT hear this!-lol!

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #75
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Putting an ECU tune, PDK tune and X Pipe on the P car tomm! Can't wait! Once again Vic, thanks for the hookup.

Fellow members, it should be noted here that Vic can be hazardous to your health. He just feeds this sickness we all seem to have.
Better that I spend your hard earned money than mine
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #76
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Quote:

Better that I spend your hard earned money than mine
Haha! Sure. Only when you run out of mods to do on your cars!

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #77
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
I DO NOT hear this!-lol!
I'm putting money it!

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #78
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #79
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

Quote:
I should have chosen my words more carefully-"sucks" is probably not correct-especially since I like a stiffer ride. What I should have said was it will be a LOT less comfortable and not extremely suitable for DD-this according to several people at Porsche that I have spoken to over the past few months. The C2S was recommended to me as well by a high level guy here at the Porsche headquarters in Atl (about 15 mins form my house). We talked for quite a while about the benefits of this particular model according to my intended use.

It is a GREAT car no matter which model you choose. I would jump all over it if I were you. That GT3 will be AMAZING!
yes i hear you. im mainly going off the british autocar and latest evo.uk reviews who both mentioned how livable the ride is. but will get more advice before i pull the trigger.

i believe the suspension is also adjustable.

its also impressive what comes standard in the gt3, i read through the standard options list, and its really a great value considering it includes the so much that are options on the s, like sport design package, sport design steering wheel, sport exhaust, PDK, AND an extra 75 hp over the s. not to mention its in many ways a completly different car than the regular 911. and the wheels are just gorgeous.

im also in love with the interior of the 991 911. its looks like a work of art.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #80
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I'm putting money it!
I don't hear this either Dave-lol!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #81
Desertdweller
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

This has me really re-thinking my decision. Have "14M5 LCI on order. Drove a 991 S PDK and manual over the weekend (much preferred PDK BTW, just made the car seem more fun). Just like has already been said. Every time I drive it I dismiss it, but then I always come back, the itch is there. I acknowledged to myself that it is not a car that you can get to know on a test drive. Have to take out for some time to really get a sense for it. To me it's a risk, I give up some of the creature comforts of a large luxury car but the nimble/connectedness could make the risk pay off. I have definitely been aware of the 4300 pounds lately.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #82
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-ch View Post
Just curios, how are you able to cancel a ordered car (M6) with out a hugue Penalty. My case i paid half of the m6 cp when orderd and other half upon delivery. I couldnt imagin to cancel ( i dont want to cancel at all.) without huge penalty payement...
The dealer can't keep your money from a deposit. Its illegal, I order all my cars without any deposit since iv'e gotten so many cars from them.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #83
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdweller View Post
This has me really re-thinking my decision. Have "14M5 LCI on order. Drove a 991 S PDK and manual over the weekend (much preferred PDK BTW, just made the car seem more fun). Just like has already been said. Every time I drive it I dismiss it, but then I always come back, the itch is there. I acknowledged to myself that it is not a car that you can get to know on a test drive. Have to take out for some time to really get a sense for it. To me it's a risk, I give up some of the creature comforts of a large luxury car but the nimble/connectedness could make the risk pay off. I have definitely been aware of the 4300 pounds lately.
This is EXACTLY how I felt. Even the day before I bought it. Felt like I might get "bored" or have regrets and miss my M5. There was always SOMETHING pulling back in. Look at my posts on the board making fun of Vic and Henry and how slow and boring their Porsches were. Then I sort of started to figure out the car and what it was about (and how to drive it). I always said "the car fees like it is holding back" but I now realize that it was not. It is just a different feel. That flat six is just tightly engaged to the PDK and you feel it with the motor right behind you. I am telling you, there is NOTHING like running this car hard and hearing it roar in high revs. You just are so connected to this thing and it is ridiculously flat on turns. I drive it now and I realize that I had forgotten what is was like to have a "sports car" that can just fly through anything. Honestly, it feels like you are driving a little track car all the time-EXCEPT that it has plenty of luxury while retaining simplicity. The 991 IMO is a PERFECT car. I got so used to my M5 that I convinced myself that it was not "heavy" and that I could feel what the car was doing "just fine" and that people commenting on how BMW has lost it's direction with the M5/M6 in going with these bigger chassis and all the luxuries weighing the car down were nuts-I was WRONG. Takes about two days and it really hits you.

Best way to get yourself to really know this car is to tell the sales person that you are going to need several rides in the car to get over your "torque fever" and to truly learn how this car behaves. I completely got it when the sales guy threw me the keys and I took off for 30-45 mins alone. I beat it up good and flew through a sweeping curve several times at very high speed and I just fell in love. Keep those RPMs over 5K and you will be completely one with this sucker as that glorious naturally aspirated motor hums behind you! And also-LOOK AT IT!

Last edited by ColdList; 08-30-2013 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #84
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

Quote:
This is EXACTLY how I felt. Even the day before I bought it. Felt like I might get "bored" or have regrets and miss my M5. There was always SOMETHING pulling back in. Look at my posts on the board making fun of Vic and Henry and how slow and boring their Porsches were. Then I sort of started to figure out the car and what it was about (and how to drive it). I always said "the car fees like it is holding back" but I now realize that it was not. It is just a different feel. That flat six is just tightly engaged to the PDK and you feel it with the motor right behind you. I am telling you, there is NOTHING like running this car hard and hearing it roar in high revs. You just are so connected to this thing and it is ridiculously flat on turns. I drive it now and I realize that I had forgotten what is was like to have a "sports car" that can just fly through anything. Honestly, it feels like you are driving a little track car all the time-EXCEPT that it has plenty of luxury while retaining simplicity. The 991 IMO is a PERFECT car. I got so used to my M5 that I convinced myself that it was not "heavy" and that I could feel what the car was doing "just fine" and that people commenting on how BMW has lost it's direction with the M5/M6 in going with these bigger chassis and all the luxuries weighing the car down-I was WRONG. Takes about two days and it really hits you.

Best way to get yourself to really know this car is to tell the sales person that you are going to need several rides int he car to get over your "torque fever" and to truly learn how this car behaves. I completely got it when the sales guy threw me the keys and I took off for 30-45 mins alone. I beat it up good and flew through a sweeping curve several times at very high speed and I just fell in love. Keep those RPMs over 5K and you will be completely one with this sucker as that glorious naturally aspirated motor hums behind you! And also-LOOK AT IT!
It is very clear that you are too successful and you have way too much money and time on your hands!!! This car is AWESOME. So jealous! Enjoy that bad boy and we all know that your gonna need another stall in your garage for the new M4 next year OR even re-ordering any other M you see in your cornflakes with mod-mania dancing in your head. Haha
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #85
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner View Post
It is very clear that you are too successful and you have way too much money and time on your hands!!! This car is AWESOME. So jealous! Enjoy that bad boy and we all know that your gonna need another stall in your garage for the new M4 next year OR even re-ordering any other M you see in your cornflakes with mod-mania dancing in your head. Haha
Who me? Nah...I look like a punk next to Vic!

It is the MODDING that probably won;t keep me away form having M cars too! Man can you do some cool things to them! My wife drives the M6 cab and she is not into modding. At least I got to lower it, black it out, added CF slant cut exhaust tips and she liked the GC wheels so we added them and I LOVE how it come out-simplicity on a black car and it looks HOT! I did swap my downpipes onto her car and driving home behind her yesterday I had to roll down the windows to listen. With OEM exhaust those cabs sound awesome. The DPs take it very close to the perfect note. M cars ROCK too baby! Things I love about both the M and the P!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #86
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
What tune did you get?
Cutome ECU and PDK tunes form German Motoring in Miami. Those plus the Fabspeed X Pipe should net me 40+hp/40+tq plus a nice little increase in the exhaust note.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #87
Ahmed
Private First Class
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [1.00]
It feels sooooo good when you know you've made the right choice doesn't it? CONGRATS BROTHER!!!!!! She's awesome!!!

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #88
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Cutome ECU and PDK tunes form German Motoring in Miami. Those plus the Fabspeed X Pipe should net me 40+hp/40+tq plus a nice little increase in the exhaust note.
I'm sitting here just LMAO because you have me an Vic all kinds of crap! Umm young Skywalker has realized the true power of the force. Just washed the M5 and the 911 now time to go have some fun. Duh going to pick up moms from the airport(: boring life(:
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread