M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

01-26-2018, 02:31 AM   #1
msq123
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2014

Gtechniq C1+Evo ceramic coating maintenance

Hi all, I just got colour correction and ceramic coating done on my 2014 M5 F10 (MC Blue) and had some questions about maintenance to prolong the life of the coating without breaking the bank.

The guy who did the coating will be coming once every month to wash my car with file there's water and other bells and whistles and probably in a year's time will apply a coat of C2 to enhance the coating.

My question is about the maintenance in between these monthly washes. I will try and find a local car wash who could do an ad hoc hand car wash. Anything I need to consider when picking up a car wash or most of the hand car washes are the same?

Secondly, if my car has some dust/dirt after a long drive and I am unable to get a proper wash can I use a detailing spray and wipe it off with a micro fibre cloth or that will scratch the surface and I need to wash down the dirt first? I don't have access to a water hose where my car is parked but if necessary could use a bucket for a small wash/clean up.

I would love to know how you guys are maintaining your ceramic coated cars? Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 09:34 PM   #2
Madvillain
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: lada

Way i maintain it is with ph neutral soap and apply reload like every 2 3 months. Car is still very shinny and swirl free and water beeds nicely so fuck it goos enough for me. I did it coating and all myself so maybe what i do to maintain isnt that great but ya thats what i do. Also you could cause scratches doing what you do. Maybe get like a bucket soak the car and get like a leaf blower to dry it off quick. dont know if water alone will loosen the dust from the surface im not some detailing expert just an idea. Best off just leaving the dust until car is acrually dirt(unless its a thick layer then wash).
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 06:33 AM   #3
msq123
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2014

I think I have found the solution that works for me. I am going with Optimum no rinse car wash and shine. The reviews are great and if I am careful I can avoid swirl marks.

I will go with so called Garry Dean method where I will use a detailer to loosen the dirt and use Edgeless microfibre clothes to wash off the car.

I will be trying it out for the first time this weekend and have about 5-6 microfibre towels to help me go through the car. I might need more but It will become clear after the first wash. The key is not to use dirty cloth on any panel. It is like 2 bucket system, where I will throw dirty towel in the second bucket so it never goes back to the car wash and contaminate it.

Will post pictures later.
Appreciate 0