BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

07-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
Desertdweller
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Competition Package

I am curious about your thoughts on it. I personally don't plan on tracking the car but based on what I have read, I think the package would make a difference in daily driving - both in terms of suspension changes and additional steering upgrades (over what already exists for '14). Anyway, my only hesitation is the price (really 6K additional as I would order 343M wheels anyway), and whether or not it will be too harsh even in comfort mode.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
dhirm5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 ZCP, 2014 X5 35d

It's going to be mostly psychological for the vast majority of buyers.

Fact is, you don't buy an M5 as a track tool - you buy it because it's a badass street car with some track cred - at least compared to other 4400 lb four door sedans (lol).

People tracking the car are probably ~1% (generous) of M5 buyers. For them, Competition Pak may make a meaningful difference.

The package may feel a bit different if you compare the comp pak vs not head to head, but since you (probably) will only have one or the other, the difference becomes primarily for bragging rights and mental happiness knowing there isn't a faster/better M5 out there, save for the modded ones. The base car without Comp Pak is incredible as is. Truly.

That said, I'm ordering mine with - and with the 601M wheels which I'll have powder-coated black...

Last edited by dhirm5; 07-16-2013 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirm5 View Post
^^^ This.

Don't you guys remember?!

///M is for ///Marketing now and not ///Motorsport.

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirm5 View Post

Fact is, you don't buy an M5 as a track tool - you buy it because it's a badass street car with some track cred - at least compared to other 4400 lb four door sedans (lol).

People tracking the car are probably ~1% (generous) of M5 buyers. For them, Competition Pak may make a meaningful difference.

The package may feel a bit different if you compare the comp pak vs not head to head, but since you (probably) will only have one or the other, the difference becomes primarily for bragging rights and mental happiness knowing there isn't a faster/better M5 out there, save for the modded ones. The base car without Comp Pak is incredible as is. Truly.

That said, I'm ordering mine with - and with the 601M wheels which I'll have powder-coated black...
Very well said the ending line made good even better
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

hahahaha! Problem is that most of us can't put that "emotion" in check no matter how hard we want to. ANY mod and we jump at it.

Just ordered my new 2014 M6 coupe Competition Pkg! I tried soooo hard not to do it. In fact, I left it off the order for exactly ONE day. I even posted negative comments about the value of it on a few threads but in the end it was simply IMPOSSIBLE to resist. We CANNOT fight it. Sort of like the LCI. You say you don't care but then you see a new M5 with new LED lights and you feel like you have the "old" one. Love the idea of the remapped MDM. Car needs it. Also the steering in the new 2014 M6 is MILES above the 2013 M5/M6 and the competition package steering supposedly feels even more connected to the road. Also, you have to love the idea of the enhanced rear differential with its own control unit. All in all it is not a bad price to pay for all the options. It would cost you more to do them individually and some you can't do later. I think the stock M6 is AWESOME as it is and you probably do not NEED any of this but I just don't want to say "what if?" or feel like I have a lesser car when a comp pkg car pulls up next to me at a light. Call it silly but those of us who mod get it.. It's one of those things that could easily cause me to trade my car again in 6 mos like I am my 2013 F10 M5 and like I did my 2010 E60 M5. CANNOT WAIT! :happyanim

Last edited by ColdList; 07-17-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Cool, congrats!
      07-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
hahahaha! Problem is that most of us can't put that "emotion" in check no matter how hard we want to. ANY mod and we jump at it.

Just ordered my new 2014 M6 coupe Competition Pkg! I tried soooo hard not to do it. In fact, I left it off the order for exactly ONE day. I even posted negative comments about the value of it on a few threads but in the end it was simply IMPOSSIBLE to resist. We CANNOT fight it. Sort of like the LCI. You say you don't care but then you see a new M5 with new LED lights and you feel like you have the "old" one. Love the idea of the remapped MDM. Car needs it. Also the steering in the new 2014 M6 is MILES above the 2013 M5/M6 and the competition package steering supposedly feels even more connected to the road. Also, you have to love the idea of the enhanced rear differential with its own control unit. All in all it is not a bad price to pay for all the options. It would cost you more to do them individually and some you can't do later. I think the stock M6 is AWESOME as it is and you probably do not NEED any of this but I just don't want to say "what if?" or feel like I have a lesser car when a comp pkg car pulls up next to me at a light. Call it silly but those of us who mod get it.. It's one of those things that could easily cause me to trade my car again in 6 mos like I am my 2013 F10 M5 and like I did my 2010 E60 M5. CANNOT WAIT! :happyanim
So what are you going to do when the LCI M6 comes out a few months later??
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #8
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5179 View Post
Probably the same thing he did now. M5 wasn't even 1 year out, they release LCI and this fellow enthusiast couldn't resist and ordered an M6+LCI, again to have the latest and greatest. Probably would do it again next year when LCI M6 comes out, around this time. Those aren't as much upgrades, as intentionally withheld upgrades to make phsycological pressure on most 'vulnerable' customers (those who love these cars the most) and make them buy it.

M5 was in no way outdated in any aspect, be it performance, design and features - pre-LCI M5 is still the best all-round sedan in the world. I find it hard to believe that these companies (Mercedes, BMW, Audi) all "accidentally" ended up with a generation of their super-sedans exactly 560 hosepower with trillions in funding, hundreds of years of experience and technology advantages.

As for me, I've decided to go with LCI+CC only by buying a used car after a year of its release. I think majority of us feel the same about these updates, and no matter how you twist it - people who buy these cars new with this frequency of updates lose a great majority of their hard earned money.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #9
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5179 View Post
Probably the same thing he did now. M5 wasn't even 1 year out, they release LCI and this fellow enthusiast couldn't resist and ordered an M6+LCI, again to have the latest and greatest. Probably would do it again next year when LCI M6 comes out, around this time. Those aren't as much upgrades, as intentionally withheld upgrades to make phsycological pressure on most 'vulnerable' customers (those who love these cars the most) and make them buy it.

M5 was in no way outdated in any aspect, be it performance, design and features - pre-LCI M5 is still the best all-round sedan in the world. I find it hard to believe that these companies (Mercedes, BMW, Audi) all "accidentally" ended up with a generation of their super-sedans exactly 560 hosepower with trillions in funding, hundreds of years of experience and technology advantages.

As for me, I've decided to go with LCI+CC only by buying a used car after a year of its release. I think majority of us feel the same about these updates, and no matter how you twist it - people who buy these cars new with this frequency of updates lose a great majority of their hard earned money.
I don't know what company you think you're talking about, but none have trillions in funding. Think about how much a trillion dollars is.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive35i View Post
I don't know what company you think you're talking about, but none have trillions in funding. Think about how much a trillion dollars is.
That's not the point of my post and it was BMW Group that I was thinking about (22 billion from what I read), trillion/sexilions were of course exaggerated numbers.

Last edited by singularity; 07-18-2013 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #11
eleven11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: -F85 X5M-

Hyperbole
2011 135i Coupe - Retired
2007 335i Sedan - Retired
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #12
singularity
Driver
Rep

From my understanding Competition Package M5 would be about as fast as non-competition package M6, right?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #13
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

As one of first owners of an f10 m5 in the US....I'm looking forward to comp package but will not jump into a new M5 with comp pack until after a test drive....until then it's a speculation on how much value comp pack is. It definitely will be interesting comparing
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #14
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post

Well not sure exactly what to make of this response. I love it when people speak for others-especially for me.

My answer to this would be the following:

I will not likely buy another M6 after this one, although I never rule anything out. In fact, unless BMW comes out with something off the charts incredible, I will likely go more exotic next time around. If you look at the M5 LCI release, the new M6 has all of those things and more and the competition pkg pretty much rounds it out at an entirely new level.

My comments were in no way stating that the M5 is "outdated". I am telling you how I would "feel" personally. And honestly, if I had my car next to a 2014 M5 with the new LED lights, I would be thinking to myself "mine has the old lights". In addition, the fact that I new a comp pkg had more HP, better steering and handling, etc. I would indeed think that I did not also have the most in technology either. If I were handed the key to both cars I would choose the "newer" one. It does not make the current one an "outdated" car. It simply comes down to timing of a purchase. When buying my F10 I knew he BMW routine of adding LCI shortly after release. I have purchased approx. nine 5 series over the years. I like to switch up my cars frequently and being in the market to buy a new car at the time of the new M5 release meant that I would buy the CURRENT release, not wait on the LCI to be released. I would have been in the E60 still and definitely less satisfied. By the time my M6 arrives I will have had the F10 for 9 months and I will have enjoyed every minute of it. I will then enjoy my M6 until I decide that I want something new. Pretty simple. I just happen to not be one of those "strategic" buyers. It is not about cost savings, etc. It is purely about the fun of swapping out for a new canvas, applying tasteful and unique modifications and really enjoying my cars. Yup, I am a serious enthusiast and losing "hard-earned money" as you put it, is sort of a relative thing when talking about one enthusiast vs. another. I know in my case to say "a great majority" is pretty silly. I wouldn't toss away a large chunk of my net worth for a car. Sure, I lose money, but again, it is relative. I lose MORE on mods and that is just the name of the game. As the adage goes, "you pay to play". I am pretty sure that you inadvertently used the word "majority" but I don't want to "assume" what you are thinking. No harm done here either way.

I actually have been a tiny bit strategic with the M6 convertible. I LEASED that one because I know the wife will be drooling for the X5M when it comes out because of the practicality, but for now we got a bit tired of her older X5 4.8, which also was not really "outdated" but it just lacked a few cool features that she would like to have, namely a drop top.

Incidentally, part of my thinking was that I would most definitely be adding the LED lights to my F10 M5, to make it look more in line with the LCI but that cost would be $7-$8K with the control modules. I happen to be pretty tight with my dealer, and without disclosing the exact details of my agreement for my new purchase, I am losing approx $15K on my car in trade and I am purchasing my new car at an EXTREMELY low price as a favor to me. It is a no-brainer to me when I take into account the upgrades included with the 2014 in addition to the LED lights, not the least of which is that I will be in a 2014 competition pkg. M car. The net effect of the deal was a loss, yes. But I ended up with a VERY strong net purchase arrangement. Oh yeah, I also secured a set of "inventory" wheels from a very popular manufacturer at HALF-PRICE. This will enable me to sell my like new HRE S101s at a price that will cover almost the entire cost of my new ones. I have spent my life wheeling and dealing. See-I'm not such a "dummy".
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #15
m-ch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Dont get it how you can swap cars and not loosing more money
In my case: m5 f10 was 135 tausend swiss francs netto
Orderd M6 with comp Pack and ceramic is 176 tausend swiss Francs netto.
Trade in for m5 f10 with 10 tausend km, 1 year old 97 tausend swiss Francs.
So i lost 38 tausend chf for 1 year Old car with 10000 km on the clock.

That is normal in my country..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #16
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Well not sure exactly what to make of this response. I love it when people speak for others-especially for me.

My answer to this would be the following:

I will not likely buy another M6 after this one, although I never rule anything out. In fact, unless BMW comes out with something off the charts incredible, I will likely go more exotic next time around. If you look at the M5 LCI release, the new M6 has all of those things and more and the competition pkg pretty much rounds it out at an entirely new level.

My comments were in no way stating that the M5 is "outdated". I am telling you how I would "feel" personally. And honestly, if I had my car next to a 2014 M5 with the new LED lights, I would be thinking to myself "mine has the old lights". In addition, the fact that I new a comp pkg had more HP, better steering and handling, etc. I would indeed think that I did not also have the most in technology either. If I were handed the key to both cars I would choose the "newer" one. It does not make the current one an "outdated" car. It simply comes down to timing of a purchase. When buying my F10 I knew he BMW routine of adding LCI shortly after release. I have purchased approx. nine 5 series over the years. I like to switch up my cars frequently and being in the market to buy a new car at the time of the new M5 release meant that I would buy the CURRENT release, not wait on the LCI to be released. I would have been in the E60 still and definitely less satisfied. By the time my M6 arrives I will have had the F10 for 9 months and I will have enjoyed every minute of it. I will then enjoy my M6 until I decide that I want something new. Pretty simple. I just happen to not be one of those "strategic" buyers. It is not about cost savings, etc. It is purely about the fun of swapping out for a new canvas, applying tasteful and unique modifications and really enjoying my cars. Yup, I am a serious enthusiast and losing "hard-earned money" as you put it, is sort of a relative thing when talking about one enthusiast vs. another. I know in my case to say "a great majority" is pretty silly. I wouldn't toss away a large chunk of my net worth for a car. Sure, I lose money, but again, it is relative. I lose MORE on mods and that is just the name of the game. As the adage goes, "you pay to play". I am pretty sure that you inadvertently used the word "majority" but I don't want to "assume" what you are thinking. No harm done here either way.

I actually have been a tiny bit strategic with the M6 convertible. I LEASED that one because I know the wife will be drooling for the X5M when it comes out because of the practicality, but for now we got a bit tired of her older X5 4.8, which also was not really "outdated" but it just lacked a few cool features that she would like to have, namely a drop top.

Incidentally, part of my thinking was that I would most definitely be adding the LED lights to my F10 M5, to make it look more in line with the LCI but that cost would be $7-$8K with the control modules. I happen to be pretty tight with my dealer, and without disclosing the exact details of my agreement for my new purchase, I am losing approx $15K on my car in trade and I am purchasing my new car at an EXTREMELY low price as a favor to me. It is a no-brainer to me when I take into account the upgrades included with the 2014 in addition to the LED lights, not the least of which is that I will be in a 2014 competition pkg. M car. The net effect of the deal was a loss, yes. But I ended up with a VERY strong net purchase arrangement. Oh yeah, I also secured a set of "inventory" wheels from a very popular manufacturer at HALF-PRICE. This will enable me to sell my like new HRE S101s at a price that will cover almost the entire cost of my new ones. I have spent my life wheeling and dealing. See-I'm not such a "dummy".
I meant that many of us, enthusiasts, who are on this forum love and take care of this car much more than others who buy it casually or for status. As such we are more vulnerable to thinking "my car is outdated" when LCI is released and we are more likely to sell our already great cars and buy LCI. I was very close to selling my car and buying LCI too, until I was offered $80k for my $210k car that I bought 1.5 year ago with 14000 km mileage.

Price of a used M5 now is about 120k, that's almost 50% off ($110k loss) on a slightly used car. Whereas if I sell my car next year (when used LCI M5s are around for the same 120k) the price of my pre-LCI car would probably be 100k. I'm not familiar with what a lease is and how it works, my example is about buying/selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-ch View Post
Dont get it how you can swap cars and not loosing more money
In my case: m5 f10 was 135 tausend swiss francs netto
Orderd M6 with comp Pack and ceramic is 176 tausend swiss Francs netto.
Trade in for m5 f10 with 10 tausend km, 1 year old 97 tausend swiss Francs.
So i lost 38 tausend chf for 1 year Old car with 10000 km on the clock.

That is normal in my country..
Simple math
New M5 in 2012 was $210k. In 2013 that car was offered $120k by BMW trade-in. If I agree to that trade I lose $110k in 1 year, almost 50% off my perfectly new and well taken care of car's value. Then I would have to put that $110k + 110k for a competition package LCI M5. In 2014 my car would again be around $130k. That's almost $200k lost in 2 years because I bought 2 new cars.

I relocated and bought another M5, this time Monte Carlo blue, because that's how good this car's value is and how much I love it. Now I'm planning to keep the car until 2014 (when used LCI's appear) and I will sell my car and add some 20-30k and buy a used LCI with competition package. That way I would've lost much less.

Simple math that shouldn't be necessary and my whole point. If someone doesn't care about those large sums of money lost then my examples aren't for them, to each his own. I for one stopped being a victim of buying latest and greatest and decided to go for used ones when the time comes. These cars aren't iPhone 5/5S, but their updates and value losses seem to be proportional to handheld devices, which again for some people buying a car is similar to others buying an iPhone.

Depending on countries and taxes, right now options are: a) buy new M5 for 200k b) wait 1 year to buy it for 120k with competition package. The value loss during the first year is huge, I still don't fully understand why. Maybe because people who buy these cars prefer to buy them new, disrgarding almost the double price. At the end of the day it's your money and your car, to each his own.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #17
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I meant that many of us, enthusiasts, who are on this forum love and take care of this car much more than others who buy it casually or for status. As such we are more vulnerable to thinking "my car is outdated" when LCI is released and we are more likely to sell our already great cars and buy LCI. I was very close to selling my car and buying LCI too, until I was offered $80k for my $210k car that I bought 1.5 year ago with 14000 km mileage.

Price of a used M5 now is about 120k, that's almost 50% off ($110k loss) on a slightly used car. Whereas if I sell my car next year (when used LCI M5s are around for the same 120k) the price of my pre-LCI car would probably be 100k. I'm not familiar with what a lease is and how it works, my example is about buying/selling.

Simple math
New M5 in 2012 was $210k. In 2013 that car was offered $120k by BMW trade-in. If I agree to that trade I lose $110k in 1 year, almost 50% off my perfectly new and well taken care of car's value. Then I would have to put that $110k + 110k for a competition package LCI M5. In 2014 my car would again be around $130k. That's almost $200k lost in 2 years because I bought 2 new cars.

I relocated and bought another M5, this time Monte Carlo blue, because that's how good this car's value is and how much I love it. Now I'm planning to keep the car until 2014 (when used LCI's appear) and I will sell my car and add some 20-30k and buy a used LCI with competition package. That way I would've lost much less.

Simple math that shouldn't be necessary and my whole point. If someone doesn't care about those large sums of money lost then my examples aren't for them, to each his own. I for one stopped being a victim of buying latest and greatest and decided to go for used ones when the time comes. These cars aren't iPhone 5/5S, but their updates and value losses seem to be proportional to handheld devices, which again for some people buying a car is similar to others buying an iPhone.

Depending on countries and taxes, right now options are: a) buy new M5 for 200k b) wait 1 year to buy it for 120k with competition package. The value loss during the first year is huge, I still don't fully understand why. Maybe because people who buy these cars prefer to buy them new, disrgarding almost the double price. At the end of the day it's your money and your car, to each his own.
Whew! THAT is a monstrous loss! Not nearly as bad here. I am legitimately losing $17K on my trade vs what I paid for it 6 mos ago (will be 8 mos by the time I actually trade). Like i said though, my money is really lost on the mods moreso than the depreciation. Also, I got a very special deal on the M6 so that made it worth it for me. I do admit that I get caught up in the latest and greatest and it is NOT a wise move financially, however, my cars are my thing...wife gets everything else...Only 2 places I get peace are mountain biking and driving my cars...I look at it as expensive therapy.

Last edited by ColdList; 07-18-2013 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #18
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Whew! THAT is a monstrous loss! Not nearly as bad here. I am legitimately losing $17K on my trade vs what I paid for it 6 mos ago (will be 8 mos by the time I actually trade). Like i said though, my money is really lost on the mods moreso than the depreciation. Also, I got a very special deal on the M6 so that made it worth it for me. I do admit that I get caught up in the latest and greatest and it is NOT a wise move financially, however, my cars are my thing...wife gets everything else...Only 2vplaces I get peace are mountain biking and driving my cars...I look at it as expensive therapy.
Yeah in your case those are expected and acceptable losses compared to mine but hey next year used LCI CP here I come
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #19
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah in your case those are expected and acceptable losses compared to mine but hey next year used LCI CP here I come
Your way is definitely smarter though. I keep swearing that I will stop dong this. This time I truly am keeping it. I made sure that I ordered everything that I could possibly want. Hopefully that works-lol!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #20
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

I'm personally planning on keeping my Pre-LCI 2013 F10 M5 for the next 5 years when I then may consider trading in for the last year production F10 M5. I will then keep that for 3 to 4 years or more depending on if I want the Next Generation G-Series M5. By 2017 who knows what further changes/enhances BMW will have made to the F10 M5. Although I am already telling myself that I won't be interested in the Next Generation M5 if the chassis size gets any bigger than the F10 and if they go with less cylinders than a V8, even though I already know right now that the next M5 will be much lighter than the F10 M5.

As for the Competition Package, I agree with ColdLists reasoning and general statements about why most people will get it. I for one could not imagine getting an LCI M5 without including the Comp Package, otherwise an LCI M5 without the ZCP, in my view, is just like the PRE-LCI M5 accept with some slightly updated steering changes, an option for new headlights and the various other tiny changes for LCI that I mentioned in my other thread: "Subtleties of LCI M5." To me the Competition Package makes the LCI M5 an LCI M5.

As for the debate between Singularity and ColdList. I guess it just depends on how much money one has to flush down the toilet without a care in the world. I'm not the standard rich guy around here and therefore losing $17K on a trade is just ludicrous to me. When I sold my E60 M5 and all of my mods with it, I took my time and sold all of the mods for about 70-80% of what I paid for them. The E60 M5 itself, I negotiated for months with several buyers and eventually I wore down a few people that were highly interested in my car. I ended up answering a billion questions and went far above and beyond answering any concerns the buyers had. In the end I got far above what the dealer quoted me for trade in. My method is all about patience, because I value every dollar that I have. Anyways that's just me.

Right now, there's no way I would consider trading in my 2013 M5 for an LCI F10 M5 unless I were able to get full value for my 2013 M5 and I got like $20K off MSRP on the 2014 LCI M5, like I did with my 2013 M5.

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I'm personally planning on keeping my Pre-LCI 2013 F10 M5 for the next 5 years when I then may consider trading in for the last year production F10 M5. I will then keep that for 3 to 4 years or more depending on if I want the Next Generation G-Series M5. By 2017 who knows what further changes/enhances BMW will have made to the F10 M5. Although I am already telling myself that I won't be interested in the Next Generation M5 if the chassis size gets any bigger than the F10 and if they go with less cylinders than a V8, even though I already know right now that the next M5 will be much lighter than the F10 M5.

As for the Competition Package, I agree with ColdLists reasoning and general statements about why most people will get it. I for one could not imagine getting an LCI M5 without including the Comp Package, otherwise an LCI M5 without the ZCP, in my view, is just like the PRE-LCI M5 accept with some slightly updated steering changes, an option for new headlights and the various other tiny changes for LCI that I mentioned in my other thread: "Subtleties of LCI M5." To me the Competition Package makes the LCI M5 an LCI M5.

As for the debate between Singularity and ColdList. I guess it just depends on how much money one has to flush down the toilet without a care in the world. I'm not the standard rich guy around here and therefore losing $17K on a trade is just ludicrous to me. When I sold my E60 M5 and all of my mods with it, I took my time and sold all of the mods for about 70-80% of what I paid for them. The E60 M5 itself, I negotiated for months with several buyers and eventually I wore down a few people that were highly interested in my car. I ended up answering a billion questions and went far above and beyond answering any concerns the buyers had. In the end I got far above what the dealer quoted me for trade in. My method is all about patience, because I value every dollar that I have. Anyways that's just me.

Right now, there's no way I would consider trading in my 2013 M5 for an LCI F10 M5 unless I were able to get full value for my 2013 M5 and I got like $20K off MSRP on the 2014 LCI M5, like I did with my 2013 M5.
Don't know if anyone has announced this yet, but I was quoted by my acquaintances in that an LCI LED headlight retrofit for more than $10k , including front/rear/blocks and I still ordered it nonetheless and expect it delivered and fit in a few weeks. I think the normal factory option is about $2k? Don't know exactly for 6 and 7 series options. Apologies to OP btw, don't mean to hijack your thread
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #22
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Don't know if anyone has announced this yet, but I was quoted by my acquaintances in that an LCI LED headlight retrofit for more than $10k , including front/rear/blocks and I still ordered it nonetheless and expect it delivered and fit in a few weeks. I think the normal factory option is about $2k? Don't know exactly for 6 and 7 series options. Apologies to OP btw, don't mean to hijack your thread
Is that $10K USD???

Appreciate 0